The Visionary Work of Alex Grey

High Priest

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i just got a book in on the artwork of alex grey.... his work and his wife's work are insane as shit... and in one chapter he put together an entire list of drugs that he has taken and has given him visions... i don't really know about taking drugs to be creative.. but his artwork seems to be benefitting from it.... damn he's awesome... anyway, i don't even know what i'm trying to say.... sorry.. but he is good, everybody should check it out.... it's nuts..

Guest ..oX..
Originally posted by hyrax

Aerosol junkie, yeah looks like his work. That a blotter?

and cdz, stop hatin, that's all you seem to do, you must be colour blind or something.

read his sig, genius.

im afraid im going to have to agree with cdz. this stuff dosent apeal to me and ive done some drugs. this stuff is kind of flat. his art is too busy. dont get me wrong his technique must be really fine but i go for different stuff. sorry. youve let me down preist. for the first time ever. i still have faith. provide and i shall take.

story time...

i was at my first tool concert looking at the shirts and posters and shit, and this old lady, probably in her 50's starts talking to me about alex gray...then she's like, "ah fuck, i love the one he did with the two people fucking eachother...everytime i see that it makes me want to fuck..."

well, i ran like hell, she was 50

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Eh, not feeling it. Psychedelic art is, for the most part, quite shitty and this guy is no exception. Even in the technique department, he's about average. Beer,

El Mamerro

Archived