"The Village"

AngerCMKill

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really?

damn... I was really looking forward to it.

That whole pilgrim era just seems reall damn

scarry to me. Think of SleepyHollow. It's right

when technology started to squeeze the last

of the boogy men out of the dark.

Yo, this movie looks mad wak! What the fuck is up with this Indian dude’s bullshit? I never saw Signs, but it looks terrible. This movie is going to be the worst movie of the year. I didn’t even see any bad guys in the trailer. And that hooded cloak is a terrible colour. That hooded cloak just ruins the whole pilgrim era Key is talking about.

sorry for being so vague...

ok, here's how it goes. i wont ruin anything.

the movie is around 2 hours long.

if you get up and walk out an hour and a half through it,

you just seen a good movie...

if you stay past that...

you'll be mad as fuck,

and wanna go back punch someone in the face

after you demanded your money back!

Looks stupid......plus,on top of that, M. Night whatever his last name is....is a cocky motherfucker....I saw an interview with him knocking other directers---well, I saw Unbreakable,SiGNS, and The Sixth Sense....The only that was decent was The Sixth Sense---so fuck supporting that asshole...I hope his movie flops bigtime..

not trying to be a hater, but this guy (the director) acts like he's so damn famous for some reason and i dont even think he's that up there.

it's kinda getting gay seeing him in his movies all the time. i liked the 6th sense and thats about the only one. the others just try to hard to be too unexpected and it pretty much could make or break a movie, and this time it seems like he tried to hard.

im seeing this tonite, and if the ending sucks (it makes me very angy when a movie is going good and sucks at the end, like umm.. a man apart was decent but ended in boring shit) i will just do my hardest to make believe that i never saw the ending and make up my own

bling

Gonna go see it. Big M. Night Shyamalan (sp?) fan.

Wasn't too big a fan of "Signs", but I like his style of directing, camera angles, lighting, and attention to detail.

It seems like The Village is getting mixed reviews, but who knows we'll see.

Also every go see She Hate Me, the new Spike Lee joint. Interesting, but not the great.

lemme set it straight...

"Sixth Sense" was Grrreat.

"Unbreakable" was too hyped up and i expected something better and more darker....so it sucked.

"Signs" delivered the goods, it was effective and you kinda knew what you were getting into with the trailers and posters...aliens, a little jumpin parts....cool stuff.

"Village"...ending killed it nothing in the movie except suspense and then it just dies....sucks....

Homeboy Shymalan is goin down big time with this rotting piece of shit!!!

oh yeah and he's in here again...

but he knows people hate that

so he's undercover, you gotta look in the reflection.

Go see

"Harold and Kumaar go to White Castle"...

:mad:

lemme say this though,

i too was a big Shymalan(i dont know how to spell it...) fan...

and i think Signs was his best as with directing story, no surprise, or gimmicks.......good movie.

this movie looks good, but isn't good.

hey DEE38...

walk out before the last half hour.

oh yeah and "Garden State" should be good.

i like natalie portman.:lick:

oh yeah...any preview that wastes a portion of it by telling you everything he's directed kinda strikes me as them letting you know there wasn't enough good stuff in the movie to put in the preview. I don't know. I dug sixth sense and unbreakable was pretty good...but signs really sucked. I think I would have liked it much better had they never shown the cheesy looking aliens.