The VICTORY act

Æ°

Orwellian nightmare...Supposedly allows authorities to treat drug users and dealers as terrorists, among other frightening things.

I found a couple links quick, you might want to check for some other sources though.

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2003/08/269495.shtml

http://www.townhall.com/news/politics/2003...20030818c.shtml

And here is a link to the actual draft text of the Victory act, Adobe stylie.

http://www.libertythink.com/VICTORYAct.pdf

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Victory Act To Target Drug Dealers as Terrorist

Drug users and drug dealers may soon be treated like terrorists if the proposed Victory Act is passed by Congress.

The Victory Act stands for the Vital Interdiction of Criminal Terrorist greatly expands the Justice Department’s power. Law enforcement agents could soon be able to seize personal records without court orders, to secretly search the homes of drug users and dealers. In addition the legislation would classify some drug offenses as terrorism and it would lower the standards for the government to tap home phones and computers.

A Democratic House aide who has seen the legislation told ABC News:

"This bill would treat drug possession as a 'terrorist offense' and drug dealers as 'narco-terrorist kingpins. To say that terrorist groups use a small percentage of the drug trafficking in the United States to finance terrorism may be a fair point, but this bill would allow the government to prosecute most drug cases as terrorism cases."

The aide concluded "It really seems to be more about a political agenda to jail drug users than a serious attempt to stop terrorists."

The Justice Department has denied it played any part in drafting the legislation.

* From www.democracynow.org

If you were to get caught growing weed two times it's a minimum of 50 years in prison, even if it's just a couple plants for personal use. That's a little extreme if you ask me.

I was just reading the part about felony drug charges.

And the sections of the act where they are talking about affiliation with terrorist groups, they are only referring to non-domestic groups. So it's alright to be in the KKK. This "War on terrorism" sure has taken a seize fire when it comes to the Klan or some of these militant groups in America that have been declared terrorist organizations.

I think it is a lot extreme. How do they justify that? If a grower is local, that means that all the production and circulation of money remains inside the US, and never touches a single "terrorist" bank account. From what I gather (I haven't made it through the entire bill linked in Æ°'s first post), this is basically going to make anyone who uses or handles drugs in this country a terrorist by definition.

Bump for all you apathetic fucktards.

And another thing...

Do you think that it's coincidence that they are making an attempt to pass some shit like this right around the anniversary of the September 11th attacks? I bet they are going to use that as a tool from now on, to get support for their more obvious violations of human rights. Maybe people will get the feeling they would be "unpatriotic" if they don't support a bill to make life harder for "terrorists" right around Sep. 11th. And maybe the powers at be know that.

Originally posted by rip

ok are you guys not like understanding that weed is illegal? and growing for personal use or otherwise is a felony? the laws not gonna change just leave it alone.

Hey, no shit there smart guy. The legallity of marijuana is not the issue here, though I see how discussion could easily head down that path. You are welcome to start another thread to parade yourself around in if you want to puruse it. I'm going to try to stay on topic with the VICTORY act (I love these acronyms they come up with, how are you going to fight against an act called "patriot" or "victory" and keep public opinion on your side?). The way this bill is written will change people who use drugs (not just marijuana) from "drug users" to "narco-terrorists". Let me know if you need me to hold your hand through anything else, because I think you might have problems considering the implications of that change.

Originally posted by Don't Panic

Hey, no shit there smart guy. The legallity of marijuana is not the issue here, though I see how discussion could easily head down that path. You are welcome to start another thread to parade yourself around in if you want to puruse it. I'm going to try to stay on topic with the VICTORY act (I love these acronyms they come up with, how are you going to fight against an act called "patriot" or "victory" and keep public opinion on your side?). The way this bill is written will change people who use drugs (not just marijuana) from "drug users" to "narco-terrorists". Let me know if you need me to hold your hand through anything else, because I think you might have problems considering the implications of that change.

man fuck you, wtf do you think people were talkin about. askin how much they can carry till its a felony an shit. get a fuckin life.

Originally posted by Æ°

Victory Act To Target Drug Dealers as Terrorist

Drug users and drug dealers may soon be treated like terrorists if the proposed Victory Act is passed by Congress.

The Victory Act stands for the Vital Interdiction of Criminal Terrorist greatly expands the Justice Department’s power. Law enforcement agents could soon be able to seize personal records without court orders, to secretly search the homes of drug users and dealers. In addition the legislation would classify some drug offenses as terrorism and it would lower the standards for the government to tap home phones and computers.

A Democratic House aide who has seen the legislation told ABC News:

"This bill would treat drug possession as a 'terrorist offense' and drug dealers as 'narco-terrorist kingpins. To say that terrorist groups use a small percentage of the drug trafficking in the United States to finance terrorism may be a fair point, but this bill would allow the government to prosecute most drug cases as terrorism cases."

The aide concluded "It really seems to be more about a political agenda to jail drug users than a serious attempt to stop terrorists."

The Justice Department has denied it played any part in drafting the legislation.

* From www.democracynow.org

ahahahaha all you drug users are screwd. lol thats great.

Originally posted by Æ°

Has the Air force been involved in any "low intensity warfare" lately?

the hell if i know im a system admin and network defender. go ask the combat controllers or para rescue. im sure theyll be happy to tell your smart ass.

Archived