Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The VICTORY act

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Æ°, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

2. NOUM

NOUM Elite Member

I wont change anything..if anything its going to make "crime" grow more..

3. caL

caL Senior Member

fucka ashcroft

4. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

5. $360

$360 Elite Member

fo fo fo fo real nukka

6. Don't Panic

Don't Panic Member

7. unconscience

unconscience Banned

8. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

Victory Act To Target Drug Dealers as Terrorist

Drug users and drug dealers may soon be treated like terrorists if the proposed Victory Act is passed by Congress.

The Victory Act stands for the Vital Interdiction of Criminal Terrorist greatly expands the Justice Department’s power. Law enforcement agents could soon be able to seize personal records without court orders, to secretly search the homes of drug users and dealers. In addition the legislation would classify some drug offenses as terrorism and it would lower the standards for the government to tap home phones and computers.

A Democratic House aide who has seen the legislation told ABC News:

"This bill would treat drug possession as a 'terrorist offense' and drug dealers as 'narco-terrorist kingpins. To say that terrorist groups use a small percentage of the drug trafficking in the United States to finance terrorism may be a fair point, but this bill would allow the government to prosecute most drug cases as terrorism cases."

The aide concluded "It really seems to be more about a political agenda to jail drug users than a serious attempt to stop terrorists."

The Justice Department has denied it played any part in drafting the legislation.

* From www.democracynow.org

9. Don't Panic

Don't Panic Member

Hippie who grows weed specifically for personal use = terrorist
    Canadians (as a result of whatever decriminalization laws) = terrorists
    high school kid who buys a qp for 4:20 = terrorist
    Entire population of Amsterdam = terrorists

SUV owners = patriots

10. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

If you were to get caught growing weed two times it's a minimum of 50 years in prison, even if it's just a couple plants for personal use. That's a little extreme if you ask me.

I was just reading the part about felony drug charges.

And the sections of the act where they are talking about affiliation with terrorist groups, they are only referring to non-domestic groups. So it's alright to be in the KKK. This "War on terrorism" sure has taken a seize fire when it comes to the Klan or some of these militant groups in America that have been declared terrorist organizations.

11. Don't Panic

Don't Panic Member

I think it is a lot extreme. How do they justify that? If a grower is local, that means that all the production and circulation of money remains inside the US, and never touches a single "terrorist" bank account. From what I gather (I haven't made it through the entire bill linked in Æ°'s first post), this is basically going to make anyone who uses or handles drugs in this country a terrorist by definition.

Bump for all you apathetic fucktards.

12. WREK

WREK Guest

great. now lets build more prisons, and raise my tuition some more.

arm,leg,leg,arm,head.
    pz.

13. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

hump.

Marijuana: Anything over an ounce is a felony, right? (USA)

14. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

And another thing...

Do you think that it's coincidence that they are making an attempt to pass some shit like this right around the anniversary of the September 11th attacks? I bet they are going to use that as a tool from now on, to get support for their more obvious violations of human rights. Maybe people will get the feeling they would be "unpatriotic" if they don't support a bill to make life harder for "terrorists" right around Sep. 11th. And maybe the powers at be know that.

15. rip

rip Elite Member

ok are you guys not like understanding that weed is illegal? and growing for personal use or otherwise is a felony? the laws not gonna change just leave it alone.