THE ULTIMATE FACT POST...

dr. frink one

I am typing these out from "DERAILING DEMOCRACY"....good book....

"Between 1992 and 1993, major network evening news coverage of homicide tripled, even thought the homicide rate went down."

-National Criminal Justice Commission, February 1996

"For example, since 1993, the homicide rate nationwide dropped by 20%. Yet since 1993 coverage of murders on the ABC, CBS, and NBC evening news increased by an astonishing 721%. As a result, in 1993 alone, the number of Americans ranking crime as the number one problem increased six fold."

-Justice Policy Institute Director

"Only five other countries are known to have execute juvenile offenders in the 1990s: Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Nigeria, and Yemen. The US has execute more juvenile criminals that all of them combined-and is the only one known to have put any to death since 1997"

"Wasted Youth" -1999

"America incarcerates five times as many people as Canada, and seven times as many as most European democracies- despite the fact that we have similar overall rates of crime"

-National Criminal Justice Commission

"Crimes that in other countries would usually lead to community service, fines, or drug treatment, or would not be considered crimes at all, in the United states now lead to prison"

-The Prison Industrial Complex

"The number of drug offenders imprisoned in the state today is more than twice the nuber of inmates inprisoned for all crimes in 1978"

-The Prison Industrial Complex

"Eighty-seven percent of offenses nationwide are non-violent. Only 3% of all crime results in an injury. Homocide arrests constitute just 0.2% of all arrests in America."

"Some of the country's largest and most profitable corporations have quitely begun to use prison labor forces, at wages up to 80% below the national minimum wage (average 45 cents an hour_. Among those reportedly contracting to employ prisoners, either directly or through their subsidiaries: AT&T, Bank of America, Boeing, Chevron, Constco, Dell Computers, Eddie Bauer, IBM, Konica Business Machines, Microsoft, Starbucks, Tecas Instruments, TWA, and US West."

-The Celling of America, Fall 1995

Please post facts along with your post...to keep it going....tell me if you want some more.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

some for seeking...some just cause

"African Americans consitute 12% of the US population, 13% of the drug using population, but an astonishing 74% of the people in prison for drug posession."

"Approximately 80% of the young black men under the age 35 have a criminal record"

POP QUIZ:

"The unlawful use of force or ciolence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives"

The preceding statement is:

a) The official FBI definition of terrorism, as per "Terrorism in the United States, 1995"

B) A very accurate, though unofficial, description of CIA activities in foreign countries

c) both of the above

answer: c

"Eritrea and Ethiopia, both non-democratic states, fought each other using US arms and training"

-"Dictators or Democracies?"

"Two of Americas biggest arms customers are Greece and Turkey, which have been threatening to go to war for decades over the tiny Mediterranean island of Cyprus."

-The Mojo Wire

My fingers hurt....anyone even interested???

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by dr. frink one

sorry about that, I was typing them directly out of the book, so I was looking at both the book and the computer...my mistake!

You should really hook up with some OCR software on your scanner

Guest imported_Tesseract

OK,

But it could save you a great deal of time.

OCR for the record, is the software that allows your scanner to scan a book and save it as text.( like a word file)

Its pretty handy for jobs like this.

It may even be installed in your system already.

Try to scan 'text' mode, if there is an option

Propaganda works both ways. What makes you believe that all these facts are true? Isn't it equally preposterous to the average american that their evening news is filling their head with misinformation?

Originally posted by HAL

Propaganda works both ways. What makes you believe that all these facts are true? Isn't it equally preposterous to the average american that their evening news is filling their head with misinformation?

That's very true. Unless their smart enought to be able to distinguish between what is propaganda and what is not, which is pretty damn hard, people just kinda choose one angle.

Originally posted by dr. frink one

My fingers hurt....anyone even interested???

yeah i'm interested..

i really need to start reading again. you read many magazines dude? i think "the progressive" would be right up your alley if you don't already have a subscription.

...nothing to share, though.

i have alot of lovely useless facts such as....

1.turtles can breathe out of thier asses

2.beavers have to eat their own feces. they digest it twice before thier stomachs can break down the wood fibers.

3. if they didn't vent garbage dumps, the methane released when the garbage rots would cause explosions.

4. i can't sleep

5. if you do not get REM sleep you will die.

ha, heres a quote that pretty much sums up life in general.

A guy's calling to say he's failing Algebra II.

Just as a point of practice, I say, Kill yourself.

A woman calls and says her kids wont behave.

Without missing a beat, I tell her, Kill yourself.

A man calls to say his car won't start.

Kill yourself.

A woman calls to ask what time the late movie starts.

Kill yourself.

She asks, "Isnt this 555-1327? Is this the Moorehouse CinePlex?"

Kill yourself. Kill yourself. Kill yourself.

A girl calls and asks, "Does it hurt very much to die?"

Well, sweetheart, I tell her, yes, but it hurts alot more to keep living.

Guest chicken bone

hey mr. durden thats a good book!

have you ever read

-Upside Down (A primer for the looking-glass world) by Eduardo Galeano

its good.

heres from the very begginng::

"In the shantytown nations of the world, heads of state sell off the remnants of their countries at fire-sale prices, just as int he shanytowns of cities criminals unload thier booty for peanuts. Hired guns do much the same work, albeit at retail, as the generasls whose whoelsale crimes get billed as acts of glory. Pickpockets lurking on street corners practice a low-tech version of the art of speculators who fleece the multitutudes by computer. the worst violatords of nature and human rights never go to jail. They hold the keys. In the world as it is, the looking-glass world, the countrrires that gaurd the peace also make and sell the most weapons. The most prestigious banks laudnder the most drug money and harbor the most stolen cash. The most successful industries are the most the most poisonous for the planet. And saving the environment is the brilliant endeavor of the very companies that profit from annihilating it. Those who kill the most people in the shortest time win immunity and praise, as do those who destroy the most nature at the lowest cost."

sorry no facts haha but maybe you will want to read the book now?

Archived