1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

THE ULTIMATE FACT POST...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by dr. frink one, Nov 18, 2001.

1. dr. frink one

dr. frink one 12oz Elite Member

THE ULTIMATE FACT POST...

Discussion started by dr. frink one - Nov 18, 2001

I am typing these out from "DERAILING DEMOCRACY"....good book....

"Between 1992 and 1993, major network evening news coverage of homicide tripled, even thought the homicide rate went down."
    -National Criminal Justice Commission, February 1996

"For example, since 1993, the homicide rate nationwide dropped by 20%. Yet since 1993 coverage of murders on the ABC, CBS, and NBC evening news increased by an astonishing 721%. As a result, in 1993 alone, the number of Americans ranking crime as the number one problem increased six fold."
    -Justice Policy Institute Director

"Only five other countries are known to have execute juvenile offenders in the 1990s: Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Nigeria, and Yemen. The US has execute more juvenile criminals that all of them combined-and is the only one known to have put any to death since 1997"
    "Wasted Youth" -1999

"America incarcerates five times as many people as Canada, and seven times as many as most European democracies- despite the fact that we have similar overall rates of crime"
    -National Criminal Justice Commission

"Crimes that in other countries would usually lead to community service, fines, or drug treatment, or would not be considered crimes at all, in the United states now lead to prison"
    -The Prison Industrial Complex

"The number of drug offenders imprisoned in the state today is more than twice the nuber of inmates inprisoned for all crimes in 1978"
    -The Prison Industrial Complex

"Eighty-seven percent of offenses nationwide are non-violent. Only 3% of all crime results in an injury. Homocide arrests constitute just 0.2% of all arrests in America."

"Some of the country's largest and most profitable corporations have quitely begun to use prison labor forces, at wages up to 80% below the national minimum wage (average 45 cents an hour_. Among those reportedly contracting to employ prisoners, either directly or through their subsidiaries: AT&T, Bank of America, Boeing, Chevron, Constco, Dell Computers, Eddie Bauer, IBM, Konica Business Machines, Microsoft, Starbucks, Tecas Instruments, TWA, and US West."
    -The Celling of America, Fall 1995

Please post facts along with your post...to keep it going....tell me if you want some more.

dr. frink one - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

Fox Mulder - Replied Nov 18, 2001

why are there so many misspellings? i'm not trying to be picky, but what source did you get this stuff from?

Fox Mulder - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  3. dr. frink one

dr. frink one - Replied Nov 18, 2001

sorry about that, I was typing them directly out of the book, so I was looking at both the book and the computer...my mistake!

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Nov 18, 2001

i like facts, keep em coming. percentages of drug arrests is a fun one.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Nov 18, 2001

wow......i think that just about sums up why we pay so much in taxes yet nothing seems to get done.......i honestly wonder how you can simultaniously be "the greatest nation on earth" and the asshole of the world....

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  6. dr. frink one

dr. frink one - Replied Nov 19, 2001

some for seeking...some just cause

"African Americans consitute 12% of the US population, 13% of the drug using population, but an astonishing 74% of the people in prison for drug posession."

"Approximately 80% of the young black men under the age 35 have a criminal record"

POP QUIZ:
    "The unlawful use of force or ciolence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives"
    The preceding statement is:
    a) The official FBI definition of terrorism, as per "Terrorism in the United States, 1995"
    B) A very accurate, though unofficial, description of CIA activities in foreign countries
    c) both of the above

answer: c

"Eritrea and Ethiopia, both non-democratic states, fought each other using US arms and training"
    -"Dictators or Democracies?"

"Two of Americas biggest arms customers are Greece and Turkey, which have been threatening to go to war for decades over the tiny Mediterranean island of Cyprus."
    -The Mojo Wire

My fingers hurt....anyone even interested???

7. imported_Tesseract - Replied Nov 19, 2001

You should really hook up with some OCR software on your scanner

8. dr. frink one

on my scanner??? I am just looking at the quotes and typing them...
    no crazy scanner shit going on...

9. imported_Tesseract - Replied Nov 19, 2001

OK,
    But it could save you a great deal of time.
    OCR for the record, is the software that allows your scanner to scan a book and save it as text.( like a word file)
    Its pretty handy for jobs like this.
    It may even be installed in your system already.
    Try to scan 'text' mode, if there is an option

10. dr. frink one

oh wow.....does it work for handwriting...or only computer text....
    Tesseract....he who knows all

11. Xeroshoes

Xeroshoes 12oz Senior Member

Xeroshoes - Replied Nov 19, 2001

Definately, keep it coming......the only thing i can say to this shit is that people are stupid as hell

Xeroshoes - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer New Jack

Cosmo Kramer - Replied Nov 19, 2001

Canada invented the zamboni and basketball.

theres my facts. oh and Toronto is now north americas leading auto producer, it recently surpassed Detroit.

Cosmo Kramer - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  13. HAL

HAL Guest

HAL - Replied Nov 19, 2001

Propaganda works both ways. What makes you believe that all these facts are true? Isn't it equally preposterous to the average american that their evening news is filling their head with misinformation?

14. Xeroshoes

Xeroshoes 12oz Senior Member

Xeroshoes - Replied Nov 19, 2001

That's very true. Unless their smart enought to be able to distinguish between what is propaganda and what is not, which is pretty damn hard, people just kinda choose one angle.

Xeroshoes - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. juggernaut

juggernaut 12oz Member

juggernaut - Replied Nov 19, 2001

yeah i'm interested..
    i really need to start reading again. you read many magazines dude? i think "the progressive" would be right up your alley if you don't already have a subscription.

...nothing to share, though.

juggernaut - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: