The Tool Thread

EssAyEmEe3

I know theres already a few threads about them. I Did do a search, however most of the threads are rather old. Anyway, I just listened through basically every tool album I own(From Opiate through Lateralus) save Salival. And well the only way I can put it is shit. I feel like im on some Higher wave length right now. I'm so relaxed and calm at this point I could probably shove a needle through my thigh and not care. I still will put money down that this is one of the greatest bands in the world right now. Each one of the members is practically a genius at what they do. Danny rips at drums. Adam, Despite never being formally taught, plays some of the best guitar riffs around. Justins bass holds it all together aswell. And Maynard, What can't I say about maynard. My Favorite vocalist of all time. His voice is Beautiful. It carries so well and is so unique its frightening. I can feel so much emotion in their music right now. What also shocks me is that their songs NEVER sound empty. Like in Triad off Lateralus with the like 2 minutes of silence at the end. You don't even notice the silence, and it llls you into such a sense of security before hitting you with the next, and more disturbing track, Taaip Ed Oiad. I don't know, I'm just one this complete trip right now after hearing all of that stuff again. Mellow.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Top Taco

MAYNARD

I MET THAT GUY ONCE BACKSTAGE WHE HE CAME AROUND MY AREA I WAS SO FUCKED UP I COULDENT REALLY TALK BUT HE WAS COOL TO HANG OUT FOR A FEW HOURS. AND THE GROUPIES!!!

Guest me IS cool

One word. Stinkfist.

These are perhaps the best lyrics ever: "...Elbow deep inside the borderline. Show me that you love me and that we belong together. Shoulder deep within the borderline. Relax, turn around and take my hand. "

I love that song. Also listen to the song called Maynard's Dick.

If you all love Maynard James Keenan download the song Passanger, by Deftones... undeniably one of the best songs ever. :)

good god I'm rambling... heh :lol:

radio djs love to play them...the best music on the radio...do you think stinkfist is literal or metaphoric...how much pain can you take from someone who loves you...how far will you let someone you trust go...theres more to what i think on this subject but im not in the mood to type right now...

"Passenger" is one of the best songs to listen to. I know theres got to be more meaning to that song that just them singing about a damn car aswell. I love how alot of Tool songs have Double meanings to them.

My favorite song has got to be "Eulogy" although I like every single one of their songs the same. "Eulogy" just sort of gets me, that and "Forty-six and 2".

Archived