the "things you shouldn't deep fry" thread

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest fr8lover

ugh, one of my old roommates used to have a fry daddy. one of these:

B000063SML.16._AA260_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

the dude would fry anything and everything, and he would constantly smell up the entire house with the disgusting aroma of burning oil. he'd leave the used oil and fried bits in the fry daddy on the counter, and let it rot there until he wanted to use it again. just thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach.

Being that I watch like 5 channels on television total when i do watch them, and the food network is one of them. I saw them deep frying crazy shit, theres some place I saw on the show A Cooks Tour I believe it was. They will literally batter and deep fry wahtever you want.

Pickled Eggs to candy bars.

Deep Fried foods are fucking horrible.

• Like 1

Originally posted by ODS-1+Jun 28 2005, 12:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ODS-1 - Jun 28 2005, 12:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mars Bars. I heard they deep fry those in Scotland.

[/b]

Originally posted by ASER1NE@Jun 28 2005, 02:51 PM

Deep fried mars/snickers bars are also a Must. For truth .

Originally posted by fatbastard@Jun 28 2005, 01:31 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-ODS-1@Jun 28 2005, 02:47 AM

Mars Bars. I heard they deep fry those in Scotland.

Yeah certain ghetto old school fish and chips shop do it here too, suprisingly good, but impossible to finish.

SO GOOD.

SO BAD, BUT SO GOOD.

Originally posted by fatbastard+Jun 28 2005, 11:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatbastard - Jun 28 2005, 11:31 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ODS-1@Jun 28 2005, 02:47 AM

Mars Bars. I heard they deep fry those in Scotland.

Yeah certain ghetto old school fish and chips shop do it here too, suprisingly good, but impossible to finish.

[/b]

Theres a shop down the road that does these, never been game enough to try one. They also do deep fried pineapple rings, and bannans.

Originally posted by ODS-1@Jun 28 2005, 01:44 AM

So in other words, you like hot milk with sugar.

yo the ice cream doesnt melt they batter it and fry it for like 10seconds and it ends up with a crispy outside and an only slightly melted around the edges but essentially still frozen, its good, they do it at thai restaraunts

Originally posted by Glik0@Jun 28 2005, 01:56 AM

Fish and motherfucking chips son.

hearing yanks call chips chips is wierd.

i really wish i had a photo of a sign i saw in a restaurant in SF while on a family holiday years ago...

it read:

"TODAYS SPECIAL!!

fish and chips with a side order of fries!"

oh yeh, stuff you shouldnt deepfry includes your housemates socks. dont ask how or why we did but it wasnt pleasant.