1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

the thing that sticks out in my mind most in the last 24 hours

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by beardo, Sep 12, 2001.

1. beardo

beardo Guest

the thing that sticks out in my mind most in the last 24 hours

Discussion started by beardo - Sep 12, 2001

the thing that sticks out in my mind most in the last 24 hours- is what could possibly be done in retaliation to this. no amount of anything can top what was done yesterday. unspeakable. this the only word to describe it, and that in my opinion is a drastic understatement. the thing is, there is really no one/nothing to retaliate against. if they do find who did it the us/world would have to do something even less speakable to retaliate. what more symbolic structure in the world could we destroy? what symbolic city can we completely anihilate? the culprits couldnt possibly live long enough to withstand the amound of torture they deserve. even if they could it would never redeem the thousands they killed. politics will not allow any of that to happen anyway.

id say they got away with it. they may have lost their lives in the act, but that was all part of the plan. the fact that no one can do anything to them says 'i got away'

just and excerpt from the 'i could write a book' files of beardo, entitled, 'holy fucking shit'

2. beardo

beardo Guest

beardo - Replied Sep 12, 2001

i should also remark that i dont feel any civilians should ever be used as a target, which adds to my complete state of helplessness

3. beardo

beardo Guest

and the other thing that sticks out is that just 12 hours earlier i finished reading 'ishmael' a truely eye opening book about our relationship with mother earth.

4. realdeal187

realdeal187 New Jack

realdeal187 - Replied Sep 12, 2001

this had to be a huge opperation against the usa... not just some small terrorist group.. there is a large group or country behind the curtain.... that group or country needs to be wiped off the earth.. period

realdeal187 - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  5. beardo

beardo Guest

i think people are drasticly overestimating the manpower that put this together. it really doesnt take much. the idea is phenominal, but it really only took a flight instruction manual, an airline scedule and few people with box cutters willing to die.

6. Sonik3000

Sonik3000 12oz Senior Member

Sonik3000 - Replied Sep 12, 2001

This could have been less than ten guys with a budget of under twenty grand. That's what's so scary.

They picked the most visible targets from the air, the pentagon and the wtc.

And it takes a lot less skill to crash a plane than to land one.

Sonik3000 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. SCOTCH WHISKEO

SCOTCH WHISKEO Dirty Dozen Crew

SCOTCH WHISKEO - Replied Sep 12, 2001

That someone could cripple the mightiest nation on earth with just a jail-house shank is pretty amazing. Good thing we spend that 30 billion a year on "DEFENCE",hunh?

SCOTCH WHISKEO - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  8. embalmwon

embalmwon 12oz Senior Member

embalmwon - Replied Sep 12, 2001

it is sad because some people have to deal wi8th things like this every day

embalmwon - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. beardo

beardo Guest

3rd thing on my mind- nothing could have stopped this. any sharp object, and lots of other items that can be used as weapons, much less knives and box cutters would get through no matter how good security is. if you really wanted to, you could hijack a plane today -the day after- and do it again. all it takes is desire and the ability to appear menacing. you can hijack a plane with a fucking handfull of pencils if you want it bad enough.

10. *see-phore*

*see-phore* 12oz Senior Member

*see-phore* - Replied Sep 12, 2001

the sad thing is that the suicide bombers won.the last they saw was pain and suffering they caused,and you cant punish the dead.they won their world is over and they had the upper hand when it happened.

*see-phore* - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. Lush

Lush 12oz Member

Lush - Replied Sep 12, 2001

I don't know about that plane in PA. None of the news networks are really saying anything at all about it....It makes me think that there's something behind it.

Also, I'm not usually one of the people who gets scared when things like this happen. I usually try to look for the positive, but the thoughts of a third world war make me want to cry in frustration. It scares me, and I do not want it to happen. Basically that's the major thought in my mind. Also the whole 'we will destroy the terrorist group and anybody, and any country that aided them' deal scares me too.

Lush - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  12. Mr.LonelyHeart

Mr.LonelyHeart 12oz Member

Mr.LonelyHeart - Replied Sep 12, 2001

Hey...sometimes with shit like this, if you believe in an afterlife or some kind of cosmic justice -that's the only way to find real peace of mind. Just figure that fucks like those get dealt with for real...as in, divine judgement, and not by some bullshit justice system, government or whatever...and that goes for any other kind of injustice, too.

...just my two catholic cents. and for anybody badmouthing religion, please keep in mind that most religions do not support killing at all..

Mr.LonelyHeart - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. brown twinkie

brown twinkie 12oz Veteran Member

brown twinkie - Replied Sep 12, 2001

sorry webster, hold your head dood....
    this whole thing is so crazy......i spent my whole
    day glued to my headphones(tv is busted)....and
    this day probably won't be much different.....
    one of the things thats really freakin' me out is
    the repercussion.....the placement of america's
    anger........where is it going?
    this is such a major, majorly dicey situation..........
    especially for bush.......to decide how to place
    this anger.......right now afghanistan is basically
    pleading for their lives.....officially....not to bomb
    the fuck out of them.....................
    is it going to be satisfactory not to use deadly
    force???? or is it building up to a big bombing
    campaign of vented anger?????....
    .....its beyond words..................so much information
    to be processed....

brown twinkie - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  14. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Smart - Replied Sep 12, 2001

I'm impressed by the bravery and compassion exhibited by those directly involved

------------------
    2 Can Sam

Smart - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  15. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

WebsterUno - Replied Sep 12, 2001

I have a military family, Im one of the ones that said, "fuck that, you wont catch me up in there!" Now I feel fucked up, I have a few, like more than 4, in the service. I was feeling like I should be there by my cousins side, hes like my brother, we wrote together, messed with girls together, drank together, and bombed together. My girl cousins are Air Force and Navy officers, my aunt and uncle are military doctors…damn…I just dont know how to feel. I feel sorry for those poor people that jumped out those windows, I hope everyone is ok. I havent cried for a couple years (like 5), no kidding, I did yesterday, thinking about how my cuzz would take this. Hes the type that probably got amped up to defend our country, and our people, family etc, but to get a message like that, Im sure it shot him down. It sucks cuzz getting through to him during this time was hard enough, he was the last to know, and its his mom. Thanx for your support fellas, and I wish you all the best. Take Care…
    websteruno