the term "throwback"

Pfffffffffft

ok, we all know what this means, my question to you all is do you think this term will stick around and become another term used to describe remade items. i mean we have terms like, vintage, classic, oldtimey, ect. or do you think it is just more trendy slang?

just a thought

i can hear it now..

"introducing, the 2004 throwback VW beatle!!"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest wakassOATH

honestly...

i dont know what "throw back" means..

but i understand the fact that you think the term will become over played like "hardcore" i remeber i saw some commercial.. it was like.. are you a hardcore driver?!?! get the new 2003 bla bla bla.. some bullshit car

i dont know.. ive been drinking

hiphop slang...

i knowyou have seen the current trend in hiphop with the basketball jerseys???? people are buying sport uniforms from like the 70s, 80s, (keep in mind they are new, just reproduced) nike has been remaking all the old airforce 1s, all the old jordans...... this process has been coined "throwback"...like "taking the style back" hiphop term for classic remake.....

Originally posted by TheoHuxtable

Just in case someone was curious, the first rapper to rock a throwback in a video and set off the trend was Big Boi from OutKast in the music video "Black Ice" by the Goodie Mob back in '98. He had the old Astros jersey with the neon orange nylon sweats.

that probably wasnt a reproduction, it probably was an odie he kept or a thrift store find..

Originally posted by Pfffffffffft

that probably wasnt a reproduction, it probably was an odie he kept or a thrift store find..

If I remember correctly, it was... a Mitchell & Ness. M&N has been around since like '91... they just didn't blow up until about 3 years ago.

Originally posted by iquit

i have a bad back. i have an appointment with an accupuncturist next sunday if ya can believe that. my girlfriend's making me go to him. i'm a little scared.:shook:

So about this back thing.. That sucks bro. I think thats going to cost you some clams if you dont have insurance.

Originally posted by TheoHuxtable

I'm sorry, no offense, but I have to ask... Have you people been living under a rock? That term has been intertwined with the media and the mainstream for the past 2 1/2 years...

No I just don't care to follow mainstream culture/hip hop and it's terms.

I own so many jerseys, im a throw-back mess

I hit the cleaners an tell em' "i want a full court press!1!!!

yo thats ma man ludacris ya heard! yo son got bangers like vivid video nawmean! yo throwbacks is the joint yo that real live crunk shit! yo we takin it back to knee high socks an dr j afros word up to ma man snoop dogg ya heard! but yo one thing this mafucka right here aint messin with yo thats them lill ass isiah thomas shorts! yo them things be lookin young as hell straight up. yo im out ghetto bellybuttons though peace.

CHRIST PUNCHER ONER LIVIN RECKLACE

PENDANT SO BIG LOOK LIKE I GOT A MIDGET HANGIN FROM MA NECKLACE

Originally posted by Christ Puncher Oner

I own so many jerseys, im a throw-back mess

I hit the cleaners an tell em' "i want a full court press!1!!!

yo thats ma man ludacris ya heard! yo son got bangers like vivid video nawmean! yo throwbacks is the joint yo that real live crunk shit! yo we takin it back to knee high socks an dr j afros word up to ma man snoop dogg ya heard! but yo one thing this mafucka right here aint messin with yo thats them lill ass isiah thomas shorts! yo them things be lookin young as hell straight up. yo im out ghetto bellybuttons though peace.

CHRIST PUNCHER ONER LIVIN RECKLACE

PENDANT SO BIG LOOK LIKE I GOT A MIDGET HANGIN FROM MA NECKLACE

Hahaha... yeah Ludacris does come with some impressive lines. My dad isn't a big hip hop fan but he's always liked Ludacris with the shit he comes up with. An incredible wordsmith.

"I'm the Sack King like Chris Webber"

"I pack more nuts than Delta Airlines"

Archived