Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The table tennis appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by SilentBob, Sep 6, 2004.

1. SilentBob

SilentBob Member

I just played a game of table tennis (ping pong to some).I forgot how simplistically entertaining this game is. Here is a small list of reasons why I think ping pong is the realness -

1) It requires minimal physical exertion. Unlike normal tennis you more or less stay in one spot. ( this means you are spared wearing those ridiculous short shorts you'de normally find yourself wearing if you were to play tennis )

2) its a game of quick reflex's, so unlike other minimal exertion games, like lawn bowls, or golf (these games are both cool in my book. But i'm saying compared to ping pong ...) You are not just standing around like a goon making conversation with your opponent.

umm thats all I can think off at the moment... but really ping pong is great. As is drunken ping pong...

Discuss

2. Mr. Peanut

Mr. Peanut Elite Member

fuck yeah...ping pong is the shit. especially when beer is included. however, i must say that i absolutely hate walking after the ball to pick it up. i mean yeah, i'm lazy...but bending down to pick up a ping pong ball over and over tends to get annoying. kna mean?

3. justaname

justaname Member

finally a fucking thread about table tennis

china ruled in this fucking game at the olympic

pingpong is really tired, both physically and mentally if you play with the right person
    when you are drunk, i recommend not to play pingpong because the paddle will break your window *personal experience*.
    let's hear more about pingpong..

4. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

when i was younger me and my dad would go and build things and paint houses or whatever the fuck for other people. Once we went out to this farm, well, it isn't the type of farm you're probably thinking of, these were rich people that owned a farm.. anyway, I forget what the job was.. but they had table tennis in one of their rooms and I played that shit for hours. Then we went to go get pizza and i got a lucky rabbits foot from the pizza joint.

memories.

5. cloner

cloner Senior Member

wonk saggin.

6. TURBOCAPSLOK

TURBOCAPSLOK Elite Member

7. yeaaaah baby

yeaaaah baby Elite Member

ping pong is the shit. if you snowboard and have seen the extras in the movie LAME then you know all about sting pong.

8. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

I have this very expensive ping-pong table right behind me. It is very heavy. Noone has played pingpong on it for almost two years. We use it as a dinner table sometimes.

9. anonymity

anonymity New Jack

^that sounds pretty ghetto

10. destroyall

destroyall New Jack

ping pong is fucking awesome. for some reason i sweat like an animal while playing. i get really into it i guess.

11. Telo

Telo Elite Member

Nucleur shit ass hoe..

12. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

haha Not at all.

13. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

14. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

I'm sorry, what?

What the hell is the criteria for Olympic sports nowadays?

15. anonymity

anonymity New Jack

Ping pong actually takes quite a bit of skill and energy and eye hand coordination when you are at the professional level.