the stock market

boogie hands

ok....i know theres got to be a few successful people on here, or at least people who are on there way to being successful.....or at least people who are remotely interested in being successful so the question is.....im seriously considering getting into the stock market...perhaps even making it a full time carrer at some point but theres A LOT of information out there which means theres probably a good amount of bunk info. im kind of looking for a good starting point, mabey a book that would help open the door for me. anyone???

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET

i just typed sooooo much shit and hit "clear fields" by accident. e-mail me for the skinny on the market dawg. i got it on lock

let me point you in the right direction...buy stock in my company...previously their stock was at around 75 a share....when the nasdaq took a hit because of the big dot com scare, it went down to 5 dollars a share. to people who dont really follow the market this seems like a great loss, but to most this is golden oportunity. the reasons behind that are this. my company (rcn...rcnc if you look for it on the stocks) is a telephone/cable/internet service provider, based out of pa, ma, ny, nj, cali, and numerous other places. not a dot com, but the reason they went down was because they are nasdaq, when dot coms started to go broke, people decided to drop almost all nasdaq stocks, because some were under the assumption that all nasdaq were dotcom. so everyone lost some. now here is the general run down of why stocks are going to go back up with companies like mine....one. they are a tlecomunications company, provideing things like phone and internet, places like these generally dont go broke, because almost everyone needs phone. two, micro soft invested something like 2.4 billion.(with people like micro soft backing you it is hard to run out of money. 3. numerous partners in high places. www.rcn.com check it out. it is a smart investment.

i personally am buying much stock in the company right now. because if you buy a share at 5,6 or even 7 dollars and it goes up even 5 dollars, and you have a whole shit load of shares that you allready bought for that lowe price say 50 shares, you have made quite a profit margin. this is almost guaronted to happen, because company is constantly expanding to different areas.

s'cool. i just have a lot of faith as far as my company is concerned, as well as a decent knowledge of how things like these work. quite honestly i suggest that you buy a few shares though...because...well patterns are patterns, and i wouldnt want to be the one with out stock when it goes back up. i would say the nasdaq will take at least a solid year for the strong companys return to their prior positions.

Guest --zeSto--

there's a book called

'Eat the Rich' by PJ o'Rourke

Everything you've ever wanted to know

about why the market works.

Guest TEARZ
Originally posted by HESHIANDET:

boiler room was good . the way people our age should be thinking is LONG TERM. guaranteed returns, fdic insured accounts etc. its ok to have some s&p indexed mutaual funds but be prepaired to sit in them for at least 15-20 years to not feel like your losing your money (like i do now).

i feel ya man. i check my shits far too often. it's hard to maintain that long range attitude when you work so hard to actually be able to invest at all.

Guest HESHIANDET

boiler room was good . the way people our age should be thinking is LONG TERM. guaranteed returns, fdic insured accounts etc. its ok to have some s&p indexed mutaual funds but be prepaired to sit in them for at least 15-20 years to not feel like your losing your money (like i do now).

• 5 years later...
s'cool. i just have a lot of faith as far as my company is concerned, as well as a decent knowledge of how things like these work. quite honestly i suggest that you buy a few shares though...because...well patterns are patterns, and i wouldnt want to be the one with out stock when it goes back up. i would say the nasdaq will take at least a solid year for the strong companys return to their prior positions.

this dude knew what was up RCN blew up thats what i have and it keeps getting bigger and bigger

Archived