1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

the stock market

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by boogie hands, Jul 12, 2001.

1. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

the stock market

Discussion started by boogie hands - Jul 12, 2001

ok....i know theres got to be a few successful people on here, or at least people who are on there way to being successful.....or at least people who are remotely interested in being successful so the question is.....im seriously considering getting into the stock market...perhaps even making it a full time carrer at some point but theres A LOT of information out there which means theres probably a good amount of bunk info. im kind of looking for a good starting point, mabey a book that would help open the door for me. anyone???

------------------
    brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  2. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

HESHIANDET - Replied Jul 12, 2001

i just typed sooooo much shit and hit "clear fields" by accident. e-mail me for the skinny on the market dawg. i got it on lock

3. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Jul 12, 2001

damn that sucks....ill do that though, thanks.

------------------

4. SleepOnIt

SleepOnIt 12oz Senior Member

SleepOnIt - Replied Jul 12, 2001

let me point you in the right direction...buy stock in my company...previously their stock was at around 75 a share....when the nasdaq took a hit because of the big dot com scare, it went down to 5 dollars a share. to people who dont really follow the market this seems like a great loss, but to most this is golden oportunity. the reasons behind that are this. my company (rcn...rcnc if you look for it on the stocks) is a telephone/cable/internet service provider, based out of pa, ma, ny, nj, cali, and numerous other places. not a dot com, but the reason they went down was because they are nasdaq, when dot coms started to go broke, people decided to drop almost all nasdaq stocks, because some were under the assumption that all nasdaq were dotcom. so everyone lost some. now here is the general run down of why stocks are going to go back up with companies like mine....one. they are a tlecomunications company, provideing things like phone and internet, places like these generally dont go broke, because almost everyone needs phone. two, micro soft invested something like 2.4 billion.(with people like micro soft backing you it is hard to run out of money. 3. numerous partners in high places. www.rcn.com check it out. it is a smart investment.

i personally am buying much stock in the company right now. because if you buy a share at 5,6 or even 7 dollars and it goes up even 5 dollars, and you have a whole shit load of shares that you allready bought for that lowe price say 50 shares, you have made quite a profit margin. this is almost guaronted to happen, because company is constantly expanding to different areas.

SleepOnIt - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Jul 12, 2001

well, thanks sleeponit, unfortunatly im not read to jump into the market quite yet. anyhow, det, sent you mail.

------------------

6. SleepOnIt

SleepOnIt 12oz Senior Member

SleepOnIt - Replied Jul 12, 2001

s'cool. i just have a lot of faith as far as my company is concerned, as well as a decent knowledge of how things like these work. quite honestly i suggest that you buy a few shares though...because...well patterns are patterns, and i wouldnt want to be the one with out stock when it goes back up. i would say the nasdaq will take at least a solid year for the strong companys return to their prior positions.

SleepOnIt - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. dsel.ufd

dsel.ufd New Jack

dsel.ufd - Replied Jul 12, 2001

forget the stock market,come to the horse track with me,ill show you to get paid.

dsel.ufd - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  8. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

TEARZ - Replied Jul 12, 2001

got me a roth ira. it's the only way to go...

9. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

mental invalid - Replied Jul 13, 2001

...this is all the shit i hear in the office...uggh...im doomed....invest in green companies and take responsibilty with who you give your money to...you can have a conscious on the market....r

mental invalid - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  10. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

--zeSto-- - Replied Jul 13, 2001

there's a book called
    'Eat the Rich' by PJ o'Rourke

Everything you've ever wanted to know
    about why the market works.

11. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

TEARZ - Replied Jul 13, 2001

i feel ya man. i check my shits far too often. it's hard to maintain that long range attitude when you work so hard to actually be able to invest at all.

12. TOE-FOO

TOE-FOO New Jack

TOE-FOO - Replied Jul 14, 2001

ever see the movie boiler room , or was it boiler point? i dunno

TOE-FOO - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  13. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

HESHIANDET - Replied Jul 14, 2001

boiler room was good . the way people our age should be thinking is LONG TERM. guaranteed returns, fdic insured accounts etc. its ok to have some s&p indexed mutaual funds but be prepaired to sit in them for at least 15-20 years to not feel like your losing your money (like i do now).

14. caL^

caL^ 12oz Junior Member

caL^ - Replied Apr 10, 2007

uhmmm,

ipo's ?

discuss

:D

caL^ - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  15. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Apr 10, 2007

damn, this thread is stupid old. look at me asking dumb questions about money on a graffiti forum, hesh being all helpful, metal invalid and zesto throwing in comments.

weird.