Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Stephen Colbert Show

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Poop Man Bob, May 4, 2005.

1. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

New York Times article:

[​IMG]

2. Poop Man Bob

3. saraday

saraday Senior Member

nice!

edit: Mo Racca has a show on Animal Planet. I've never seen it but the commercials make it look really stupid.

4. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

great, Colbert is hysterical. Hope it works out. That little bit about John not wanting to stoop to a start-up kinda caught me off guard, though. I kinda like to imagine him as being pretty humble about his success and fame. I'm hoping it's just the way it reads.

5. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Oh man, that's wicked! We've already had a taste of this show several times with those little mock commercials, haven't we?

6. seven.13

seven.13 Dirty Dozen Crew

Haha...Yes! I was just thinking the other day that Colbert should have his own show. He's such a dreamboat.

7. Poop Man Bob

The two of them are just fucking around. I mean, you really thought this was serious:
    ?

8. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

damn, i was actually thinking about colbert getting his own show last night when I was watching.

it should be sahweet.

9. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

I can't wait to see Steven Carell play 'Agent Maxwell Smart'
    in the movie remake of Get Smart. I think 'Brick' was the best
    thing about the movie Anchorman, no question!

10. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

11. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

No, this, particularly the part in bold, is what I was referring to:

<!--QuoteBegin-Poop Man Bob
    @May 4 2005, 11:10 AM
    For example, when asked if he planned to be a guest on the program, Mr. Stewart snapped, "I don't stoop to start-ups." A moment later, suspecting that he had been too harsh toward his mentee, Mr. Stewart softened, saying he would consider an appearance "if the show gets its footing."
    [post=3940812]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/quote]

The Times indicates that while Stewart is somewhat serious with that comment, Colbert is laughably not. And just from knowing the show and how they act, especially off each other, I didn't think it was the real deal anyhow. But you never know, maybe Stewart is a prick off screen, maybe they don't really get along like it seems (not probable, but not impossible), maybe he really doesn't do start up shows. Too many variables, but the most likely of them is they were, like you said, fuckin around. Ya heard?

On the Texas tip, I can't believe that fuckin Dallas beat Houston. Damn, Houston deserved that win after smashing them in the last 4 minutes, especially after some wack calls by the fag refs.

12. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

I think that sentance is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, Seldoon.