Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

THE SNOWBOARDING THREAD

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Crook_fo'_Life, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Crook_fo'_Life

Crook_fo'_Life New Jack

so I was just gonna say that I cant wait for the season......Whistler is gonna be prime this year!!!So anyways this threads for all the snowboading fools out there to say some shit about...SNOWBOARDING!

For expample:where you ride. what you ride or simply what it is about snowboarding that you like

cmon lets hear this shit!

2. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i spent last year in tahoe. well, not the whole year, but id drive out there on most weekends... heavenly was my shit. squaw was cool too. theres another one right by there, a-basin or something like that. fresh too.

im into free riding for the most part, although i played around in the park a little last year towards the end of the season. i like trees, steep shit that makes my legs hurt, chutes, rocks etc...
    what do i like about it? i like putting on headphones and just spending the whole day alone riding. its peacefull and relaxing...
    i ride a 155 gnu from 97... which is retarded considering im 6'3" but i got it real cheap and didnt have many options at the time. the boards a little short (ok, alot short) for powder, but it handles well in trees and by this point its sort of become an extension of my body, so i didnt want to give it up.... next year however, i'm getting a new board....the new burton line... watch out now.... sooo fresh, just wait....

3. dr. frink one

dr. frink one Elite Member

damn seeking....
    i ride squaw....
    with my headphones on....
    and I ride a 97 GNU...

speaking of which, i am going up for two days this week...from wednesday to friday....
    i am hungry...

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah, but your not me. you dont ride in wwII era cold weather infintry mittens covered in fur. see, thats why were different.

im jealous. why oh why did i leave the west coast for the flatlands of the midwest...?

5. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

east coast till death. actually im speaking out of jealusy. i used to log way over 100 days a year, now im lucky if i break 20. my girl works at a shop, so i got the hook up. last years dragon 59, mission binders, and my old vikings....

6. Crook_fo'_Life

Crook_fo'_Life New Jack

Everybody come on down to the coast and come snowboarding! ha picked up a new 59 option supercharger today......cant wait.

7. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

I got about 8 of my friends working at Lake Louise the entire season. Spending six months in a dorm full of skaters, boarders, stoners, and hot Australian chicks. Damn. Makes me regret going straight to school.

On another note snowboarding is cool......

8. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer New Jack

ahhh its nice living so damn close to the best mountains in the world. sorry kids but american mountains suck. went to aspen this year, and it was small and gay. go lake louise, go fernie.

9. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

tahoe what! squaw is where i own a pass to, hevenly is my second favorite, and i enjoy mt rose alot, because its small, and not really ever crouded.

10. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

What kinda retard would go to aspen, thats just gay man. Go to copper or winter park or vail.

11. ogrBDC

ogrBDC Junior Member

its all about east coast ice...i love that shit..haha...you gotta keep alert.

12. dr. frink one

dr. frink one Elite Member

damn...for a second there i thought you might be my father....or long lost somethingorother....guess i am just stupid...
    i have to get me some gloves....
    and make about 6500 more posts

13. boxcarwilly

boxcarwilly Senior Member

east coast what what.

i used to ride at least 100, from the age of eight til about 18 i had at least three months of winter under my belt every yr.

now tho ill tell you how sad it is, i skiied for three days last yr and that was it.

riding gets real real boring when all you do is train in the pipe.

when i quit riding for rossi my pipe board was an aleksi 156 and my cruising board was a strato 66.
    tho the two best boards i ever rode would have to be the 99 brushie, and the 96 morrow lunchtray. fuck me.

14. QbaOner

QbaOner Member

i love boarding!!
    i gotta get a new board tho cuz mine is too short and old and ugly and chipped, but still loved..my first board....
    im gettin a new board for this season for sure....probably just the board cuz all those new bidings..and boots would kill me....broke as fuck...
    what i like about boarding?... lets just say that after the first time ever.. i was hooked....it didnt matter that i almost killed myself, cuz after the 3rd time i had my own board...
    i love snow..i guess...
    FUCKIN EURO TRASH!!!!!!

15. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

Snow

God, can't wait for the season, or snow for that matter. There hasen't been a single fucking snowflake where i'm at in the midwest, but I'm going to Whistler with my family over Christmas break, so I'm not gonna complain. This will be my second year riding, and at the moment i'm riding a K2 spitfire with ride bindings and some super comfortable salomon boots.