The Skateboarding Thread

aymet one

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i skated today, instead of riding cause my handle bars/stem stripped just to let you know. i a tried backside 180 ollie off some 4 ft ledge and uh fell on the palm of my hand and it took off a good 3 layers deep of skin. fucking shit hurts like a futher mucker. fuck skateboarding. its so tony hawk, lets buy skating action figures, and video games. so mainstream. fuck. whatever. who cares. i dont. i get hurt alot though.

im starting a riding thread.

Originally posted by AeRoSoL JuNkiE

We were planning on skating all night yesterday, but it turned out to a one hour session. fuck that.

that's what happens when you get old.

i dunno if you're old or anything, i'm just saying..

i'm 22. i was decent at 16. it's pretty depressing to go skate now. i can't land anything, i hurt the next day, and every 14 year old kid shows me up at every trick i even think about trying.

i'm still down for skating, though. it's still fun, even if i suck. i'll skate until i'm in a wheelchair.

skating is definitely the dopest sport out there.....i think that tony hawks pro skater is definitely the worst thing to happen to skateboarding ever....it seems like any public place i skate..ive got these dumb motherfuckers,head to toe in abercrombie, and sporting a wicked buzzcut telling me to do a 360 flip mctwist down a 5 stair, like its my fucking job to entertain them...do these people actually think those moves are possible..what the fuck

i actually like watching skate videos more than riding ones alot of the time. i have a few 411's, the rodney daewon round 2, the es vid, and um......fuck........oh...the osiris video......theyre just alot better technically compared to riding videos and whatnot and watching rodney mullen or rodrigo tex skate is great, there was a pretty good zoo york demo at some shit park out here too awhile ago all those guys are super good too.

skateboarding..........thumbs up.

I skated for about 13 years.....that was until I blew out my knee and tore my ACL.....I still read the magazines and shit.....one of the most underrated skaters out there right now is Frank Gerwer.

Originally posted by 455

I skated for about 13 years.....that was until I blew out my knee and tore my ACL.....I still read the magazines and shit.....one of the most underrated skaters out there right now is Frank Gerwer.

That's exactly what happened to me. Knee injuries are th kiss of death for skateboarders.....

:(

Originally posted by juggernaut

it's still fun, even if i suck. i'll skate until i'm in a wheelchair.

i feel that i kinda suck but since i heard chet thomas say ill skate till i cant walk in opinion it became my motto so now i skate everyday nomatter how much it hurts i dont care anymore i just go out and do the only thing i like in my life and the only thing thats fun to me and if it helps anyone puttin in a good two hours everyday helped me out alot in the last year i made more progress than in my whole skatin experience

Guest ~nebz~

I did till I broke mt right knee 2 times from falling... The first time was because some idiot that it would be funny to push me off the board riding it down a steep hill and i fell on it and it crackd out of place. Had to go to the hospital and get x-ray's and ten shots to get rid off swelling fluids... The second time was last year just for the hell of it I tried to do a casper slide and didn't exactly make it... It was dislocated and broken in 3 places its like some big word I can't remember... Thats why I stopped... And it sucks that used to be the life...:( :o ;)

Guest beardo

hasbeen

its just depressing anymore. i almost landed a crooked grind this weekend. i used to be able to do them blindfolded with my legs tied behind my back.

oh man, i'm with you Beardo.....i cant do half the shit I used to be able to do. ive hurt myself waay too much, but I keep on coming back for more. But fuck it, bones heal, but the feeling of riding a board (even if its just cruising around) will stick around forever.....nothing is better.

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks

i skated today, instead of riding cause my handle bars/stem stripped just to let you know. i a tried backside 180 ollie off some 4 ft ledge and uh fell on the palm of my hand and it took off a good 3 layers deep of skin. fucking shit hurts like a futher mucker. fuck skateboarding. its so tony hawk, lets buy skating action figures, and video games. so mainstream. fuck. whatever. who cares. i dont. i get hurt alot though.

im starting a riding thread.

"Dude.. if it dosen't make me look original I don't want anything to do with it. If you skateboard, you are automatically trendy. I wanna look cool."

Guest Catch22

Skating was the shit until I got my drivers license. My Natas & Tommy Guerrero were probably my 2 favorite boards. I also liked my Roskopp. Anyone remember that shit. or remember Mark "Gator" Rogowski, ended up chopping up his girlfriend. My friend had a Mark gonzales, I always liked that deck but never got one. skating was some fun shit.

i just skate flatground mainly. you don't have to worry about getting hurt jumping down 30 stairs or rackingballs on handrails. i can't even 50-50 real ledges anymore. it's just out of the question.

mmmmm freestyle runs. i can do 1080 kickturns though.

Archived