"The Sign Man" from L.A.

iloveboxcars

I was just watching some news channel and it was doing a report on a 50+ male who takes down signs that have been stapled to poles and.. I don't know.. wherever else people put signs. His main qualm with everyone putting up signs was they litter the area and make the neighborhood look terrible.. but every sign he took down he just threw on the ground. I was laughing pretty hard while it was on. Stupid old man.

That is all. (yes, i know this did not diserve it's own thread.)

(no spellcheck, kiss my ass)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Or that guy from L.A. who calls himself "The Graffiti Guerilla"... he spends his entire life buffing graffiti. He even "owns" portions of freeways that run through L.A. so he can buff 'em. What's ironic is that he'll write messages on the walls telling writers to get a job, or some other shit. That fool is dedicated too. I heard about him and saw his "anti-graffiti" graffiti over 10 years ago and he's still at it.

Alot of those anti-Bush campaign posters have been ripped down that are all around L.A., done by Shepard Fairey, Mear One, and Robbie Conal. They're supposed to be doing a nationwide tour so you probably will see them in your city. The aim is to help sway public opinion and get Bush the fuck outta office. So they've got my support.

Apple's IPOD campaign got the streets of cities around America on LOCK! Not just in paid-for advertising but just wheatpasted posters and stickers everywhere. They're no better than guerilla street artists or graffiti writers. Makes me wonder why the big corporations can get away with this.

i just remember reading an article about them having to pay clean up fines for the leaflet(sp?) shit that they were doing. i cant remember if stencils were involved though.

but it is weird how some companies can get away with some of that shit.. i notice alot more skate companies giving away the logo stencils but i guess they can just say its for personal/home use. i remember walking around sunset and vine area a while ago seeing the promo to that snoop dogg cd being stenciled on the ground everywhere..

Archived