the shitty car club

mapo returns

i thought it would be nice if all of us with shitty rides could share our pain together.

basically just fill out the little questionaire. and be honest. and dont post about your car unless it really is shit. none of that 'its a 2002, that sucks!!'.

Model - Pontiac Grand Am

Year - 1993

Miles - 140,000

Had to take it to the shop for - everything with the brakes including pads, locked up brake caliper, brake fluid leaking. starter. fuel injectors. radiator leaks. head gasket. alternator.

Misc - paint is peeling off. seat belt buckle cover is broken off. heavy wear on the cloth interior of the driver seat. steering wheel is starting to deteriorate. permanent indent where i rest my elbow on the arm rest thing on the door. the gas cover does not latch, so i have to hold it down with tape, occasionally flies open while im driving making me look like a jackass. a/c does not work. power windows do not work so they are permanently up. (this is a real bitch in south florida summer time heat)

number of times it had to be towed (so far) - 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my el camino has a fair amount of body rot...

if i do decide that is the car i want to restore that shit is going to be a bitch...the original 350 is quite a beater, luckily we have about 10 more...the interior is pretty fucked, oil stains in the carpet, ripped seats, a few small cracks in the dash...

my other car is a dream though

Guest TresOne

^^ that sucks.

My Beater:

Model: Honda Accord Ex-i

Year: 1986, word.

Kms: 258,943

System: Two 10" Pioneer IMPP subs enclosed in custom fiberglass box, 800 watt pioneer (forget the model) amp, new 6" round pioneer premier speakers, some mid-range pioneer head unit.

Problems: At the moment, it has leaky fuel injectors, which (according to the mechanic) doesn't pose a safety problem, but makes the interior of the car REEK like gas all the time, which can't be good for my noggin. The body is rusting out like a bitch, beyond the point of even TRYING to repair. Clear-coat on the paint that's not rusted through is peeling off at an alarming rate, making the car look even shittier. The main problems are all esthetic-related. Mechanically (besides the injectors) the car runs like a dream. Working A/C, power windows, locks, sunroof, etc.

It's a shame that the body is going to shit, as mechanically, the car is a beaut, considering it's 17 years old. If the body gets much worse, i might give it to my buddy who restores 3geez (3rd generation) hondas in return for his 1991 Yamaha FZR600, seen below.

http://hayabusa.bikepics.com/yam-fzr600-91-bikepics-05654.jpg'>

(Note: ^^ That's not actually his bike, but it's the same model, paint job, etc.. just to get a rough idea.)

Model - Mitsubishi Eclipse

Year - 2002

Miles - 25,000

Had to take it to the shop for - i still have yet to take it in..the air conditioning feels like heat lately, and the fuckin car isnt even that old, but it's a used car..it's been shaking really bad lately on the highway, like it's going to veer off into a wall when i go over 85mph

Misc - the front fender is realllll fucked up on the bottom where i took a good chunk of it out in a parking lot..scraped not on through the paint, but also through the fiberglass.

even though the car isn't that old, it seems to be going to shit..maybe because i don't take care of it very well.

model-jeep j10

year-1982

why it sucks- no air conditioning, every time i hit a bump my radio turns off, some asshole in the jewel parking lot backed into my side and theres a big dent, its a white truck with a purple hood only reason i leave it that way only b/c i dont feel like wasting good paint on it, seats have a rip on it, the tires have cracks in them, the floor mat has a hole in it nuthing duck tape cant fix, when i drive ove 65mph the truck shakes and it feels like its gonna flip over, and theres a little bit of rust by the wheel wells

so i think when it finally runs out of gas which will be soon because this thing only gets 2mpg im just gonna leave it alone and walk away and hope nobdy traces it back to me

anything over 45 feels very uncomfortable in my car. im not kidding.

going 50 the car starts to shake and it just feels like something is about to break, something must be fucked up with 4th gear.

the other day i had to drive on 95 and i was going in the slow lane, like always, but it wouldnt go any faster than 50mph..and it was too busy to switch lanes..so there were like 10 cars bumper-to-bumper behind me while everyone else on the road flew right by us. i hate that shit.

i also get fucks on the road who drive right up behind me.

those fuckers get brake checked and if im really pissed and they cant pass me i start going like 15-20mph and a brake check every 10-15 seconds..that pisses them off. im doin my best god dammit, leave me alone!

Re: Re: the shitty car club

Originally posted by SnowWhite

[..it's been shaking really bad lately on the highway, like it's going to veer off into a wall when i go over 85mph

you have an alignment problem my friend...run into any curbs or other little things like that lately? if not, then the person you bought it from probably did

miles apart...that shit's scary, i wouldnt enjoying getting hit by a bus, whose fault was it?

car: ford tempo

year: 1990

condition: smelly, kinda grimy, still cumfy

collor: chode blue

problems: steers to the right when not holding wheele, air condish is shit so i cant stay cool during LONG summer drives, makes a "weeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrgggghhheerrrrrgrggrgrgggrgrgrgrrrrrrrrr..."sound all the time

what i think of the car: I LOVE IT!!!

i dig the shitty ride.....but i still want a bigoll SUV for porting my drums....tempos shit for that.:king:

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller

Model - Acura Legend LS

Year - 1993

Miles - 101,000

Why it sucks - I can't find a reason....but it's not fast enough. Twin Turbo project underway once it's paid for.

Why would you twin turbo an old car, and one with a 100k mile engine? Seems like a waste...

Re: Re: Re: the shitty car club

Originally posted by splint2

you have an alignment problem my friend...run into any curbs or other little things like that lately? if not, then the person you bought it from probably did

miles apart...that shit's scary, i wouldnt enjoying getting hit by a bus, whose fault was it?

that could be it...i should get this little problem checked out before i die/kill someone. thanks splint.:cool:

Re: Re: Re: Re: the shitty car club

Originally posted by SnowWhite

that could be it...i should get this little problem checked out before i die/kill someone. thanks splint.:cool:

You, and that equally dumb bitch up there ^ in that bus who rammed homie, are living proof that female drivers = no survivors.

You're some stupid bitch who fucked up a pretty nice ride that daddy probably bought you... I hate stupid yuppies like you, I hope you seriously crash your car and only injure yourself, and maybe, your car.

i can assure all of you that i have the shittiest car in the bunch.

1983 MonteCarlo.

Miles: 150,000.

What i've brought it in for: fucking NAME it. i've probably brought it in for it twice. no joke.

Other awesome things about this car: Paint is rapidly deteriorating. Interior is worn and destroyed all around. Stereo no longer works, it was my only solace in this fucking car. 2 large dents on the drivers side from me getting angry and kicking the shit out of it. I've ripped the entire exhaust out of the bottom of the car twice and had to drive home with it dragging on the road. the trunk is pretty well fucked and dented due to throwing my bike on the rack all the time. both rear side windows are broken, one due to someone breaking into the car and the other due to some frat boys chasing the car after an "incident" occurred at their party involving fire....and fire, and possibly me. the AC doesnt work either. the heat started dying last winter which was FUCKING SUPER. it doesnt shift directly into drive...i have to shift it from 2nd into drive to get it to catch for some odd reason. and as of last week the timing on the car is REAL fucked so that whenever i start it, it runs real high then should i drive it and put it in park it feels like its still running real high and when i turn it off it knocks like crazy and feels like its about to backfire. ummmm the backup lights also work when they want to. and the steering column is weak so that when i punch it during a bout of anger the whole column goes nuts. the window knob on the passenger side was replaced with a vice grip a year ago as well. the plexiglass windows i constructed for the sides to replace the aforementioned broken ones are taped in. and theres a crack in the windshield lately that i am pretty clueless as to where it came from. it also needs tires. and brakes. it leaks ALL fluids like crazy(i basically replace all the fluids every 2 days now...). theres more but im falling asleep right now. ill probably think of the rest later...oh yeah, the dome light doesnt work.

i did buy a car about 4 days ago. im still working on some stuff for that though, i'll take care of that for real when its done and all that.