Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

the shitty car club

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by mapo returns, Jul 18, 2003.

1. mapo returns

mapo returns Member

i thought it would be nice if all of us with shitty rides could share our pain together.

basically just fill out the little questionaire. and be honest. and dont post about your car unless it really is shit. none of that 'its a 2002, that sucks!!'.

Model - Pontiac Grand Am
    Year - 1993
    Miles - 140,000
    Had to take it to the shop for - everything with the brakes including pads, locked up brake caliper, brake fluid leaking. starter. fuel injectors. radiator leaks. head gasket. alternator.
    Misc - paint is peeling off. seat belt buckle cover is broken off. heavy wear on the cloth interior of the driver seat. steering wheel is starting to deteriorate. permanent indent where i rest my elbow on the arm rest thing on the door. the gas cover does not latch, so i have to hold it down with tape, occasionally flies open while im driving making me look like a jackass. a/c does not work. power windows do not work so they are permanently up. (this is a real bitch in south florida summer time heat)
    number of times it had to be towed (so far) - 3

2. imported_splint2

imported_splint2 Senior Member

my el camino has a fair amount of body rot...

if i do decide that is the car i want to restore that shit is going to be a bitch...the original 350 is quite a beater, luckily we have about 10 more...the interior is pretty fucked, oil stains in the carpet, ripped seats, a few small cracks in the dash...

my other car is a dream though

3. mapo returns

mapo returns Member

4. space base

space base Senior Member

I'm in the "no car, license revoked club."

5. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

6. FratGuyJoe

FratGuyJoe Junior Member

the city put a sticker on my windsheild this morning saying that they're going to tow my car in 10 days cause it's such a piece of shit.:eek:

7. space base

space base Senior Member

Model-Santa Cruz City Bus
    Year-?
    Miles-?
    Had to take it to the shop for- ?
    Misc- It smells like urine and feces, if you touch your mouth or eyes after riding you WILL get a cold or the flu. Dont ride it wearing light color pants because they will get all dirty.

8. illwill

illwill Member

i had a 98 explorer but i lost it. no car at the moment

9. mapo returns

mapo returns Member

how do you lose a car?

do what the old people here do, and put some goofy thing on your antenna so you can spot it in the parking lot.

10. TresOne

TresOne Guest

^^ that sucks.

My Beater:
    Model: Honda Accord Ex-i
    Year: 1986, word.
    Kms: 258,943
    System: Two 10" Pioneer IMPP subs enclosed in custom fiberglass box, 800 watt pioneer (forget the model) amp, new 6" round pioneer premier speakers, some mid-range pioneer head unit.

Problems: At the moment, it has leaky fuel injectors, which (according to the mechanic) doesn't pose a safety problem, but makes the interior of the car REEK like gas all the time, which can't be good for my noggin. The body is rusting out like a bitch, beyond the point of even TRYING to repair. Clear-coat on the paint that's not rusted through is peeling off at an alarming rate, making the car look even shittier. The main problems are all esthetic-related. Mechanically (besides the injectors) the car runs like a dream. Working A/C, power windows, locks, sunroof, etc.

It's a shame that the body is going to shit, as mechanically, the car is a beaut, considering it's 17 years old. If the body gets much worse, i might give it to my buddy who restores 3geez (3rd generation) hondas in return for his 1991 Yamaha FZR600, seen below.

http://hayabusa.bikepics.com/yam-fzr600-91-bikepics-05654.jpg'>

(Note: ^^ That's not actually his bike, but it's the same model, paint job, etc.. just to get a rough idea.)

11. XxSugarxX

XxSugarxX Dirty Dozen Crew

Model - Mitsubishi Eclipse
    Year - 2002
    Miles - 25,000
    Had to take it to the shop for - i still have yet to take it in..the air conditioning feels like heat lately, and the fuckin car isnt even that old, but it's a used car..it's been shaking really bad lately on the highway, like it's going to veer off into a wall when i go over 85mph
    Misc - the front fender is realllll fucked up on the bottom where i took a good chunk of it out in a parking lot..scraped not on through the paint, but also through the fiberglass.

even though the car isn't that old, it seems to be going to shit..maybe because i don't take care of it very well.

12. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

model-jeep j10
    year-1982
    why it sucks- no air conditioning, every time i hit a bump my radio turns off, some asshole in the jewel parking lot backed into my side and theres a big dent, its a white truck with a purple hood only reason i leave it that way only b/c i dont feel like wasting good paint on it, seats have a rip on it, the tires have cracks in them, the floor mat has a hole in it nuthing duck tape cant fix, when i drive ove 65mph the truck shakes and it feels like its gonna flip over, and theres a little bit of rust by the wheel wells

so i think when it finally runs out of gas which will be soon because this thing only gets 2mpg im just gonna leave it alone and walk away and hope nobdy traces it back to me

13. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Elite Member

Model - Acura Legend LS
    Year - 1993
    Miles - 101,000
    Why it sucks - I can't find a reason....but it's not fast enough. Twin Turbo project underway once it's paid for.

14. mapo returns

mapo returns Member

anything over 45 feels very uncomfortable in my car. im not kidding.
    going 50 the car starts to shake and it just feels like something is about to break, something must be fucked up with 4th gear.

the other day i had to drive on 95 and i was going in the slow lane, like always, but it wouldnt go any faster than 50mph..and it was too busy to switch lanes..so there were like 10 cars bumper-to-bumper behind me while everyone else on the road flew right by us. i hate that shit.

i also get fucks on the road who drive right up behind me.
    those fuckers get brake checked and if im really pissed and they cant pass me i start going like 15-20mph and a brake check every 10-15 seconds..that pisses them off. im doin my best god dammit, leave me alone!

15. miles apart

miles apart Member

THE old car:
    http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/136335/bangcar.jpg'>
    [img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/136335/wheresmytrunk.jpg'>
    [img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/136335/backdoorbang.jpg'>