the roots- the tipping point

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Just a lil background info:

The Tipping Point is actually a book, Im guessing that the roots named the album after. Check it out, its a good read. Basically its about cause and effect with trends; whether fashion, drug addiction, even certain diseases and suicide.

I was going check it out today....the single they have out right now isn't to bad....after about 1999....I am always leary to put up new material---however, the new Pete Rock-Soul Surviver II is good....C.L. is on 3 tracks....

its good, but its definately not as good as things fall apart. they do a lot more sampling than they have in the past, which kind of sucks if your someone like myself who digs the fact that they use thier own instruments. the cd lacks any truly catchy beats , but it definately has its moments. as far as good tracks Why is good lyrically but the hook is a bit too boys 2 men for me. dont say nothign is good. star is cool in a rap band covering a funk song kind of way. stay cool is good. im sure there are more but im tired of typing. overall worth picking up if you a fan.

Not to be off topic, but has anyone heard the 28 days later soundtrack?... They have some of the best music in that movie i have heard in a while.... I recognized a few artists but can anyone drop a scoop on that? i think i might purchase it..

Guest Pilau Hands

i've been playing things fall apart a lot lately

get the new one from turntable.com, and you get this promo cd of J Ayres spinning rare roots songs. i heard a sample and it's hot

thoughts:

- fuck maybe i shouldn't have ppissed all over my moms car

- fuck maybe i shouldn't have pissed in my golden retriever's water bowl

- man it feels got to pee

- i'm sure glad i don't drive a sedan anymore

- penguin munsingwear rocks and so do polar animals

- wtf is post-punk

- i wish less people were wearinbg ties at the bar tonight

- ringer tees with pictures of nerd robots playing angular electric guitars from the 80s are pretty lame

- flaunt magaxine is run my a gay venezuelan midget

- the roots make me fall asleep in front of the tv because they are pretty fuckin boring and i wouldn't waste my time perping their album