Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

the roots- the tipping point

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dusty Lipschitz, Jul 15, 2004.

1. gatita

gatita Senior Member

Just a lil background info:

The Tipping Point is actually a book, Im guessing that the roots named the album after. Check it out, its a good read. Basically its about cause and effect with trends; whether fashion, drug addiction, even certain diseases and suicide.

2. CrazyLazy

CrazyLazy Senior Member

I havn't heard this yet. But I want to.

3. anvillan

anvillan Junior Member

it might be good enough to download

4. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

5. Gunm

Gunm Banned

I heard they sample someone getting stomped to death on one of the tracks. Any truth to this?

6. 455

455 Guest

I was going check it out today....the single they have out right now isn't to bad....after about 1999....I am always leary to put up new material---however, the new Pete Rock-Soul Surviver II is good....C.L. is on 3 tracks....

7. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

you hear that track where they play like kane and kool g rap? that is a hot song!

8. STYLEISKING

STYLEISKING Dirty Dozen Crew

got roots today...
    what are the banging tracks???

9. CrazyLazy

CrazyLazy Senior Member

Alright. I'm gonna pick this up today.

10. JUDONO?

JUDONO? Senior Member

any thoughts?

Black Thought.

So is it worth getting I've only heard "Dont say nothing" and it sounds pretty cool but hows the whole cd?

11. Daddy Screw

Daddy Screw Member

distortion to static.

12. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

will be purchasing tomorrow

13. BUCK FUSH

BUCK FUSH Member

its good, but its definately not as good as things fall apart. they do a lot more sampling than they have in the past, which kind of sucks if your someone like myself who digs the fact that they use thier own instruments. the cd lacks any truly catchy beats , but it definately has its moments. as far as good tracks Why is good lyrically but the hook is a bit too boys 2 men for me. dont say nothign is good. star is cool in a rap band covering a funk song kind of way. stay cool is good. im sure there are more but im tired of typing. overall worth picking up if you a fan.

14. 455

455 Guest

^^^^"Organix"1993......."Grits"<----one of the best Roots songs ever...