The Roots on MTV2 right....now!

L*S*D

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by iCEBERG

nah i think its more like when did the roots get so interested with mtv?

exactly, but they had a video for a song off Illadelph Halflife (maybe Concerto O the Desperado or Clones?)on MTV a long ass time ago like mid to late 90's. It had Phase2 in it, most of you might be a little young, but am I the only one that remembers this? Either way I heard the new album they are making is trying to the focus way back to the music.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

i remember that video i think....didnt they have tv's with people on them? it was a a while ago.

roots just like to play. its a 2 dollar bill thing, so its not like theyre getting lots of cash for it. and even if they were, good for them. i want to make lots of money some day, and im not a little bitch thats gonna hate on someone for working hard to get money.

king blings on point.

as for that whole jay-z/roots thing, nas needs to shut the fuck up, thinkin hes in a position to point fingers, anyways before we get started on this shit again...

check out www.wakeupshow.com

they got video of black thought and scratch killin it on the mic for a little bit, along with rza and inspectah deck who laid some hot shit down, i was impressed and now i just noticed they have in studio video of slug and eyedea.

i never really felt slug or eyedea but im sure some of yall do so there it is, enjoy

Originally posted by iCEBERG

king blings on point.

as for that whole jay-z/roots thing, nas needs to shut the fuck up, thinkin hes in a position to point fingers, anyways before we get started on this shit again...

check out www.wakeupshow.com

they got video of black thought and scratch killin it on the mic for a little bit, along with rza and inspectah deck who laid some hot shit down, i was impressed and now i just noticed they have in studio video of slug and eyedea.

i never really felt slug or eyedea but im sure some of yall do so there it is, enjoy

Anyone else buy the "official" Wake Up Show freestyles CDs?? Just picked up Vol. 2 the other day and its hot of course, but COOLIO is on it...and he doesnt suck! Color me stupid, i thought COOLIO fell off...or maybe the freestyles are old. bleh

Originally posted by cmeup

fuck tha roots they are on mtv!!! they sold out!

ahahahahahahaha

fucking nerds...

i hate people like some of yall in here...

if it was jayz or nas or someone like that who went to mtv (which they did) yall would stop listening to them cuz they are mainstream now...

but when some underground heads like 'the roots' make it to mtv...

nobody cares, they still underground..

:lol: fucking jokes...

tease

you are stupid.

Someone up the list of names mentioned something about picking up Volume 2 of the Wake-Up Show Freestyles.....just to answer your question....yeah,those all are old----from '94 to '95......the sickest one is when Def Jef fucks up the "How many emcee's" beat....or Mad One.

Archived