the real deal steel....old nyc trains part 1.

Ski Mask

ok, heres the plan. Kids are sleeping on learning their history...I cant preach about the old school cause I'm a new jack, not to mention that I'm from nowhere near new york, but I still think we all need to learn as much about our origins as we can. Beyond NYC all you have is the old standards (subway art, style wars, etc.) and the net. so I combed through hundreds of photos from the nycsubway.org site to pick out the ones with worthwhile graff for a series of posts. theres plenty I didnt include, so feel free to go and browse around...but this is the best of the best that I could find. beware...these file sizes are big...but its worth it...

Comet, The saint character by stayhigh149, Hondo tags (73)

http://www.nycsubway.org/slides/r262829/r26-7760.jpg'>

Hondo again

http://www.nycsubway.org/slides/r262829/r26-7801.jpg'>

PJ throws and Seen/Json on the white elephants...(even the train geeks know who seen is...they mention the piece on the caption for this photo)

http://www.nycsubway.org/slides/r262829/r26-7848.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ese, im glad someone here is trying to "keep it real", but unfortunately most people here dont care about any of this... whats worse: there is alotmore history that was never properly documented that is only learned by talking to people who were actually there. I'm not only talking about nyc, but the east coast in general, philly, boston, dc... even LA and SF, etc... learn as much history as you can, because thats were we all came from. you will find that history in different cities is no all that different and it will give you a solid understanding of the movement and respect, which is what most newjacks lack... anyway, since moving to NY, my views about writting have made a 180 and now i cant believe how ignoarnt i was before.... anyway... burp!

------------------

Onward to Golgotha

i respect oldschool shit so much because they were the firtst ones out there doing the shit.i still give them all the respect because they were the bringers of it..especially stuff in the seventys.i really enjoyed this post .i like the burnt up car.i dont think its smashed up i think the engine caught on fire but the front is pushed in so i may be wrong.anyway nice post.

Originally posted by El Mas Sucio De Todos:

ese, im glad someone here is trying to "keep it real", but unfortunately most people here dont care about any of this... whats worse: there is alotmore history that was never properly documented that is only learned by talking to people who were actually there. I'm not only talking about nyc, but the east coast in general, philly, boston, dc... even LA and SF, etc... learn as much history as you can, because thats were we all came from. you will find that history in different cities is no all that different and it will give you a solid understanding of the movement and respect, which is what most newjacks lack... anyway, since moving to NY, my views about writting have made a 180 and now i cant believe how ignoarnt i was before.... anyway... burp!

so true.

burpism.

Originally posted by ese:

(even the train geeks know who seen is...they mention the piece on the caption for this photo)

That is "UP"!

And that is fucking great that clear is putting out that book, and El Mas you are right on about the history, not only is it something that seperates the men from the toys, but I often find it so just great to hear that stuff, its like putting your hands in some fresh dirt, you feel rooted. When you can hear the honor and nostalgia of an old timer talk about "back in the day", puts the whole thing in perspective I think.

And on top of all that I just get fucking pumped when I see those saints!

Guest freddy kreuger

hey darlin' can i buy ya a couplea drinks?

lookin for mr. goodbar?...here he is.

wait a minute, i've got it, you're an itallian...

huh? you're jewish? oh, love your nails.

you must be a libra.

your place or mine?

bump

• 1 month later...

*bump* cause I got the Kel in that seen/pjay/kel in a package the other day. I'd love to get my hands on some more old NYC stuff...

for the sake of learning history I'll bump the other 2 installments as well...

Guest fr8archism

Definitly a top notch post ese, that subway.org site is loaded with jewels, especially incredible due to the fact that the photo takers were not writers, just ordinary train buffs. Who knows how many more amazing collections are held by older photographers who have no idea that what they have in their possesion are truly treasures in our eyes and hearts.

Archived