the radiohead topic

Guest beardo

we needed a new one..

during a radiohead bootlegg discussion on the phish board i learned that they officially allow taping of their shows.. is this new news?

just confirmed a deal for 6-28-97 (pre FM broadcast.. sweet!) should get it soon..

working on

6-27-97

MSG

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.......wow......thats news to me! i dont really doubt it...i mean they see all these fucks on ebay selling shitty boots for 30 bucks and said fuck it let everyone tape and flood the market...my hat still gets tipped to pearl jam for their bootlegger onslaught!...im sleeping with that taper you hooked me up with...i gotta get discs this weekend....and fm broadcast eh?....yeah ill hook seeking up too, esp. with that 97, prob. just bounce that to pilau too....

and thom yorke and bjork are on spaceghost tonite at 11.30...ill be getting drunk...maybe ill run over to boys apt. for a quick session....

"If you want to be entertained, go and see Hanson" - Thom Yorke

i saw that thom and bjork space ghost last saturday.. shit is just hilarious. watch it if you can.

and i need bootlegs. i have some incomplete shit i've DLed from napster, and that's it. somebody hook a brotha up.

and whats this i hear about keyboards being taken out of true love waits?? say it ain't so.

good morning

gotcha b....i was a little konfused, nothing new! nice with glastonbury show!!!!

okay i heard true love waits for the first time at libery state park...i had only heard of it until then...yeah i know i know...so i cant comment on the keyboard...but what i can comment on is thom coming out for an encore solo, just acoustic, standing in the bluest of blue lights, and doing it solo...talk about a mind meltdown...it had to be one of the most freeing musical moments...so as of now my vote goes for thom solo version of true love waits...supposedly its gonna be on the new ep...ive got the one from my show and the chicago one too, pretty dope...

the gem i really want though follow me around into pyramid song....oh that fucking killed me that night inside msg....

did you doods read that new yorker article yet, dont sleep...

r.

heres that new yorker article:

http://www.newyorker.com/FACT/?010820fa_FACT1

and this is part of his extensive one and one with thom for the article:

http://www.newyorker.com/ON-LINE_ONLY/ARCH...on_onlineonly03

...if you have any friends that are music majors, it mite help...im giving the article to my boy so he can check it, cause there was some musical jargon in there that goes right by me...im telling you the guy does a bang up fucking job...i mean come on 8 pages!

enjoy

r

okay gang, figured it needed to be posted for all, hope it works...its from the second hollywood bowl show.....enjoy....r

http://www.quilime.com/matt/Radiohead-true...ts(8-20-01).mp3

lifted from www.greenplastic.com for your ears' pleasure.....

edit to get the right web addie....

[This message has been edited by mental invalid (edited 09-07-2001).]

...whats a soundcard?...what i did was right click on the link, then do save as, leave it as mp3, and put it on your c drive, like in your briefcase...then if you media player or whatever, click on file, open the mp3...you may have already tried this, in which case im blowing hot air and i just a dick...but if you havent give it a whirl....ill find the article link for you dood...r

• 2 weeks later...

from greenplastic:

I Might Be Wrong EP

From www.nepasavaler.net: "I Might Be Wrong," Radiohead's next single, will be released on November 5 (November 6 in France) and will include 8 b-sides, all live:

The National Anthem

I Might Be Wrong

Morning Bell

Like Spinning Plates

Idioteque

Everything In Its Right Place

Dollars and Cents

True Love Waits

...oh youre kidding me!!! look at that shit!! all live!!...marking it on the calander...hehehehe...

kid in a candy store

roe

d o p e n e s s

small setback in getting a couple of those shows i mentioned.. the dudes apartment BURNED DOWN so yeah.. a little patience is in order...

oh, i never answered about the soundcard either.. its hardware and software that allows your computer to play music. my computer at work is lacking in that department.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HESHIANDET

yo beard, im rocking that disc you gave me right now. i have been rocking it since you gave it to me. i think i might have to get into this live shit. hot ta def money!

...wha wha wha wha what?!....really?!...ya know im such a fuck up, i still havent sent those blanks out to that guy! what was that like a month and a half ago...geesh...slipping through the fingers of time and splashing on the floor...sometimes i hate myself....

added note:

the live album is due out now on the 13 of novemeber

and last but not least, a big happy 33rd B-day to mr. thom yorke!!!!

.r

• 2 weeks later...

....hello, you rang?! i kinda dig this little email notice thingie...as soon as i saw it i figured it was you about the msg show...as i type this im pulling off a members ftp site...but that is going to be mp3, which i can burn, but im thinking perhaps youre get a DAT recording, which will be much clearer....in another words, ill burn mine for now...BUT HOOK A BROTHA UP!!!...actually ill have some treats too...this particular individual also has live tool, if that hits anyones music bone who checks this thread on the regular, along with the liberty island shows for radiohead....next package swap b ill try and get those park shows, cause they are fucking ill....plus i know you havent forgotten i still got your ultrech 97....mighty tastie b, mighty tastie....you can tell its total DAT...anyway, well good news indeed....lemme know how its sounds....that fucking show, so amazing it was silly....

peas and pease

peter pan

PS-beardo, and any other interested parties, almost forgot i was gonna bump the tortoise thread up, but i figure ill just tell you here and b.twinks later, but i gotta live show from this year out in portland by them...sweets fo sho...im keeping my fingers crossed thats its hot, but i will certainly burn ya a copy when i get it....

hell yah man. you should seriously look into that www.phishook.com and check out peoples lists. no respectable trader has shows on MP3. all DAT.. and usually from a real HQ source. actually, i think that utrecht 97 is mp3. not bad eh?

if you send me whatever you think id want (which is basically all your radiohead stuff) i can make it worth your while. i wont let you blow me in the back of my trans am like seeking, but we'll figure something out. i'll at least hold up my end getting shows from my sources.

Archived