The Quality of Life

Felix_the_Cat

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but I want to know what you think of this movie, not necessarily from the graff perspective, but just if you would go see it. I personally think it looks pretty stupid, but I know mad people who want to check it out.

I might go, but only if somone else pays for my ticket.

http://www.qualityoflife-themovie.com/trailer/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear indie film makers,

Stop making movies about "the graffiti lifestyle", it's tacky and it lives up to the euphanism of being "gayer than 9 guys fucking 10 guys."

I know, it might seem like a good idea. You want to film something rebellious. You want to be rebellious. Trust me though, it's never a good idea. Never, ever, ever...... ever.

Signed,

Anyone with half a fucking brain.

Originally posted by Felix_the_Cat@Feb 8 2006, 12:01 AM

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but I want to know what you think of this movie, not necessarily from the graff perspective, but just if you would go see it. I personally think it looks pretty stupid, but I know mad people who want to check it out.

I might go, but only if somone else pays for my ticket.

http://www.qualityoflife-themovie.com/trailer/

This is the one made about the lives of two SF graffiti writers, correct?

honestly, from a movie standpoint the filim looks like its actually going to be fairly solid. and even content wise it seems pretty legit compared to the all the other "graff" movies. BUT i doubt they will be able to pull it off without it being cheezy and horifically over-dramatized. I'd like to check it out eventually though. and hopefully the character gets fucked in the end, something like the ending of trainspotting or requiem for a dream that way when people see it they wont go around trying to be "cool" and write on stuff. just my 2 cents...

i went to the premiere of this in SF while i was there over the summer. its actually a decent movie even if you dont pay attention to the graffiti aspect. id see it again if the opportunity presented itself. the end is extremely cheezy though. and one thing that bothers me about graffiti movies is wherever they rack from its always montana or belton, i wish there were shops like that in real life.

Guest Sparoism

I met one of the guys involved in this, and I don't think he would get involved with anything too corny.

But, I agree with the sentiment that movies about art are rarely what I expect them to be.

In all fairness, I haven't seen this yet (see above).

Guest Sparoism

I know one of the actors really well, and yes, he is indeed a king. He wasn't a main character, however.

I've known the real Heir (Heir2 is his real word) for half my life, and he is easily one of the most underrated writers in the world. Seriously, he's that good. Oh, well.

No dimes will be dropped here, though.

Guest Sparoism

So I guess this explains those VAIN throws I saw in the Mission last time I was there! I think I know who that is, too.

Hmmm...maybe I'll rent this sometime.

(BTW, I went to the site and looked into it and yes, it seems overwrought, but I'd be lying if I told you that the SF graff scene isn't one of the biggest soap operas I ever witnessed.

No offense to any SF writers, but tell me differently and maybe I'll agree with you.)

Guest Sparoism

I had a Belton spot in 2003. It was retarded easy, and a great little moneymaker. Unfortunately, they only ordered one huge shipment...nothing good ever lasts. Once the toys found it, it was only a matter of time.

Guest Sparoism

Oh, it's true. The store is on Shattuck in Berkeley next to Funky Door...I think they wanted to test the market, but no one told them that they should lock the paint up, I guess.

They still carry One Shot, though. And Gocco products.

Here's a link. Notice that they don't list spray paint anymore. :innocent:

Originally posted by Sparoism@Feb 8 2006, 03:02 AM

Oh, it's true. The store is on Shattuck in Berkeley next to Funky Door...I think they wanted to test the market, but no one told them that they should lock the paint up, I guess.

They still carry One Shot, though. And Gocco products.

ive been there, they didnt have montana when i was there. one shot isnt special, that shti is in every store where im from. but you guys dont have shit for mop making. heard they dont make easy squeezies there anymore.

Guest Sparoism

Well, when you come back I'll take you shopping...fair enough?

I know where all the good shit is, or used to, at least. That store was only in it for a minute, it seems. But, mops have made a comeback in the past six months...a lot of SF kids found out the deal, so I think it just goes in cycles. For a while I had to go out of the area to find them, but it seems like things are back to normal.

There's a lot of good stores around my area, but you'd never guess just by looking at them.