Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Quality of Life

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Felix_the_Cat, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Felix_the_Cat

Felix_the_Cat Junior Member

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but I want to know what you think of this movie, not necessarily from the graff perspective, but just if you would go see it. I personally think it looks pretty stupid, but I know mad people who want to check it out.

I might go, but only if somone else pays for my ticket.

http://www.qualityoflife-themovie.com/trailer/

2. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

Dear indie film makers,
    Stop making movies about "the graffiti lifestyle", it's tacky and it lives up to the euphanism of being "gayer than 9 guys fucking 10 guys."

I know, it might seem like a good idea. You want to film something rebellious. You want to be rebellious. Trust me though, it's never a good idea. Never, ever, ever...... ever.

Signed,
    Anyone with half a fucking brain.

3. one two three four five

one two three four five Member

Agreed, the only good graffiti movies are the ones......with graffiti, not multilevel relationships between the characters that end up in handjobs (i.e. that other movie, i forgot what its called)

4. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

Fart imitating life.

*wasnt the main dude that whiteboy from prison break?

5. Fugazi

Fugazi Senior Member

This is the one made about the lives of two SF graffiti writers, correct?

6. hungoverseas

hungoverseas Member

this one doesn't seem terrible.

key word: "seem"

7. Al Green

Al Green Veteran Member

8. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

People need to realize that graffiti writers have boring, mundane lives just like everybody else. This is like making a movie about a crew of accountants.

9. Felix_the_Cat

Felix_the_Cat Junior Member

10. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

will i learn how to make krink from watching this?

11. one two three four five

one two three four five Member

12. WeakSauce

WeakSauce Banned

honestly, from a movie standpoint the filim looks like its actually going to be fairly solid. and even content wise it seems pretty legit compared to the all the other "graff" movies. BUT i doubt they will be able to pull it off without it being cheezy and horifically over-dramatized. I'd like to check it out eventually though. and hopefully the character gets fucked in the end, something like the ending of trainspotting or requiem for a dream that way when people see it they wont go around trying to be "cool" and write on stuff. just my 2 cents...

13. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

On myspace these guys are featured on some sort of indie filmmaker advertisement.

14. dobsilla

dobsilla Senior Member

i went to the premiere of this in SF while i was there over the summer. its actually a decent movie even if you dont pay attention to the graffiti aspect. id see it again if the opportunity presented itself. the end is extremely cheezy though. and one thing that bothers me about graffiti movies is wherever they rack from its always montana or belton, i wish there were shops like that in real life.

15. Sparoism

Sparoism Guest

I met one of the guys involved in this, and I don't think he would get involved with anything too corny.

But, I agree with the sentiment that movies about art are rarely what I expect them to be.

In all fairness, I haven't seen this yet (see above).