The Powerful Matokie Slaughter

Guest Pilau Hands

Guest Pilau Hands

Matokie Slaughter..."Femme Vital"

I know we've had a thread on the board somewhere, that's why I was confused that it's not in the Heavens section. I recently just dropped a few of these images in another thread, and re-realized all at once how inspiring this woman really was and continues to be.

Margaret Kilgallen

Matokie Slaughter

Meta

http://www.superxmedia.com/issue22/margaret/images/m_1.jpg'>

rest in power

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Pilau Hands
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest 5:00 Shadow

someone wrote it above and i think it is very true and important to be heard so i will just reiterate it for all y'all:

ARTISTS NEVER DIE

meta and twist what a fuckin' combo, best husband wife girlfriend boyfriend combo ever...

no direspect to pink and smith and some of the others (skuf naisha) etc. but hands down these two were some incredible visionaries with the ability to make those visions a reality...that's the challenge my friends...

they are both amazing solo but together, so much talent...

meta r.i.p.

godbless asha

and keep doing your thing twisto

my people are puting together a mag and we would love some meta/matokie/slaughter/margaret flicks

as well as any others

please e-mail me if you'd be interested... thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Re: matokie slaughter rest in peace

Originally posted by CROOKWCMGMC

I read somewhere that she died like 19 days after her baby was born....

I have a 2 and a half year old daughter, and I have no idea what I would do if my wife (or girlfriend etc) would have passed away less than a month after she was born. All my views on Barry McGee's art is all thrown out the window now, I respect him more for being a strong person and a single dad.

I was and still am motivated by her art. I saw a couple clips from the pbs ART21 of her and just the few moments I saw held me in awe. I hope it comes out on DVD.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived