the POP vs SODA debate

Guest railroadjerk

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest socrates
Originally posted by Smart

it's "Coke"

there's a reason they call him SMART and he hails from frobizzica...he's smart and uhhh..uhhh.uhhh..nevermind

i call it by name. or whatever logo is on the machine. so there are pepsi machines, snapple machines, coke machines. depending on what's the on cover is what i call it. if i want a root beer i'll ask for a root beer or call it root beer. i don't say soda or pop. and i don't call it coke if it isn't coca=cola or some slight variation of coca cola. ala vanilla coke, cherry coke, or diet coke.

i live in portland oregon and all i hear is pop this pop that. would you like a pop? a pop to quench your thirst? well fuck that?! its soda!

i once asked this kid why he thought it was pop and not soda and he said

"soda is like a fruit juicey kind of pop. pop is like coke and sprite. it pops."

what the hell? a fruit drink? its called soda because soda water was the popular drink in the 50's and shit and then they just added caffine and tasty syrup. i mean, its not that fucking hard. soda. soda , SODA

Archived