The person that occupies the pedestal in your mind / lost friends

Lush

Lately I've been spending a lot of time thinking about friends I've dropped out of touch with in the last few years. One person in particular who I miss terribly. We used to write letters to each other because we lived prety far away from each other (an hour and a half, but when neither of you have cars it's pretty far).

Anyway last night I was reading some of the letters he wrote me, and thinking how much I'd give to see him again. I suppose I could write a letter to his parents house and they could forward it to him wherever he is, but who knows if they still live there. Also I'd feel so.... childish. He was about three years older than me, and now I'm thinking he could really care less about some girl he used to talk to three years ago. It's hard to explain but I really really want to bump into him on the street so it wouldn't be like I set the whole thing up, and searched all over for him.

There's a few other people I wish I hadn't lost contact with, but this is the only friend who I had nothing negative to say about. Everybody else had some reason why I stopped calling them. I just don't know whathappened with this guy. I suppose I still have one of those crushes on him, where you know you'd never get them, and you didn't spend too much time together, but when you did you clicked, and they hold this Immortal spot on that pedestal in your mind, where they're perfect.

I'm rambling, do any of you know what I'm talking about?

------------------

you are beautiful, just not on the inside

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest layteks

Id be pretty flattered if someone tried to find me after a few years.

you should just write him.....whats the worst thing that could happen?

Guest layteks
Originally posted by Lush:

but the thing is, I have no idea where this person is.

---------------------------------------

Send it to his parents address so that they can forward it to him?

Things That make ya go Hmmmmmm

lush, i feel you on that one. there are so many people that i have lost in contact with. and they are always on my mind. it sucks because that person meant something to you and if you get in contact with them right now, you wonder if it would ever be the same. the most important people stay in your head all the time, the people that you care about. i've actually got in contact with some of the important people in my life. and to tell you the truth, it wasn't the same. and i had wished that they didn't look me up because i really just like the memories that i had with those people. but lemme tell you something, you will know your true friends. if you haven't seen this person in such a long time, and all of a sudden you do...and you guys pick up from where you left off, that is a meaning of a true friend. think about it. would you rather be in an akward situation with this person when you meet? or would you rather just be happy looking back?

it's a slightly different situation, but i know all to well how you feel. with me, it's not a girl who i had a crush on and didn't get, it's a girl who i had and lost, but she occupies that same pedistal. we were together for a long time, actually several years. we mutually decided to split up.

this is all i can remember when i think of her--i remember in the dead of winter, she'd be ready to leave 10 minutes before me so she could have the car already warm when i came outside. i never wanted her to she always insisted. now when i think of her i picture her standing in the freezing cold and snow, holding the windshield scraper with frostbitten hands, brushing off the car while i sat in the passenger seat perfectly warm. i would offer to help and she would always say "don't worry baby i really don't mind" then she'd get in the car and give me a little kiss because my face was warm.

at the end of our relationship, we had a lot of problems. constant bitter arguments, but now i can't even remember the reason behind any of our fights. all i can think about is her scraping the windshield. it's almost like it haunts me. we never spoke again after we split up, and after 2 years i think we both feel it's too awkward to try and contact each other after all this time. i've loved and lost a couple other girls in that time period, but none of them can ever take the place i save for her in my heart and mind. i just figured you'd like to know there's someone else having the same kind of thoughts.

That is horribly sad. I want a girl like that...who just likes you cause you are you and does shit just to be nice. There aren't too many people like that in this world...willing to just love without wanting anything in return. I miss the person who just loved to love me...

life sucks.

i'm gonna go cry in a corner somewhere

The thing that annoys me with chicks (in MY opinion) is that they almost feel like they are obligated to stay in contact with anyone they ever had feelings for. My current girlfriend does this (we have lived together for almost a year). She still talks (almost everyday) to most of her ex boyfriends and fucken hell it's hard for me to understand it. Not too mention the fact that she is going to England for six months to travel and visit two of her ex's that are living there at the moment.. DAMN IT GIRLS ! WHY DO YOU DO THIS ! JUST LET GO OF THE PAST !! FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Sorry to ruin an otherwise good post with my ramblings but fuck me I have feelings too. fucken hell.

bye

Originally posted by Lush:

Anyway last night I was reading some of the letters he wrote me, and thinking how much I'd give to see him again. I suppose I could write a letter to his parents house and they could forward it to him wherever he is, but who knows if they still live there. Also I'd feel so.... childish.

life's too short. write him and let him know how you feel.

if it doesn't go anywhere, then it'll be the same as it is now

and at least you gave it a shot.

precious breaths.

Originally posted by George Dubyah Bush:

People change and hide their ugly parts.

lesson. don't trust anybody.

preach on brother George... so unbelievably true. but i wouldn't say to never trust anyone... just be cautious...

[This message has been edited by Trend (edited 08-14-2001).]

The person that occupies my mind is that girl from HS that I have a crush on...and damn it hurts. I know it sounds fucking dumb to be hurtin over a crush but I am. Cant help that shit. The only thing that cheers me up is saying to myself 'you'll get your chance to ask her out one day'.

Originally posted by mapo wc:

The person that occupies my mind is that girl from HS that I have a crush on...and damn it hurts. I know it sounds fucking dumb to be hurtin over a crush but I am. Cant help that shit. The only thing that cheers me up is saying to myself 'you'll get your chance to ask her out one day'.

...after she gets married, that always gets me to do something.

Originally posted by avils:

The thing that annoys me with chicks (in MY opinion) is that they almost feel like they are obligated to stay in contact with anyone they ever had feelings for

There are a few guys who I'd love nothing more than to never to see again, but there are some that I had a great friendship with, and even though I'm not sleeping with them anymore (or sometimes never did) there are still feelings there, and I don't want to lose them.

For example my boy in Italy. I had a summer fling, absolutely adore him to this day, but it's more of a friend thing now, (plus he's going out with my best friend Claudia). I have a boyfriend who I adore, and I wouldn't compromise my relationship with him over a boy half a continent away. I do however want to keep in touch with him because I enjoy him as a friend.

I don't feel obligated to keep in touch with people, but there are a few friends, boyfriends and crushes who made such an impact upon my life that I feel sad that I've lost them.

i can understand what they're saying, i still hang with my ex's........in fact one of them is turning out to be a better friend than most people.........but the Ex that i had the most serious relationship, the one i loved.........She did a 180 recently. I thought she was really cool, so being friends would be cool, but She's done really fucked up things recently and i now regard her as sub-human. It makes me sick to see or talk to her b/c of what she did. The funny thing is i thought she was a good person at heart. People change and hide their ugly parts.

lesson. don't trust anybody.

Archived