the new terror alert thread

casekonly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

A possible, unspecified terror threat closed one of two tunnels carrying traffic under Baltimore's harbor. Another was partially shut down in response to what an official said was a security threat.

A spokeswoman for the FBI Baltimore field office, Carla McIntosh, tells WBAL Radio that her office received some information on October 14 with a possible threat to a tunnel. She says agents are conducting interviews. A federal law enforcement official, speaking on condition of anonymity, says the threat was phoned in to authorities by a person claiming to have information from abroad. But the source says authorities are skeptical of the claim.

A spokesman for the Governor's Office of Homeland Security in Maryland, Jim Pettit, says officials are acting out of an abundance of caution.

The Baltimore Harbor Tunnel was closed while the Fort McHenry Tunnel was partially closed, with one lane of traffic moving in each direction, said Lt. Col. David Franklin of the Maryland Transportation Authority Police.

The closures were in response to a threat, a federal law enforcement official said. The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue, did not provide further information about the nature of the threat.

But another federal law enforcement official said the threat was phoned in to authorities by a person claiming to have information from abroad. Authorities are skeptical of the claim, but are checking it out nonetheless out of an abundance of caution, the official said. That source also spoke on condition of anonymity.

View the Maryland Department of Transportation's traffic webcams http://www.wbal.com/traffic/

And what's this shit I'm hearing about massachusetts flooding? Dams breaking and 6 feet of water....

Oh here we go:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/18/massachusetts.dam/

Here's another hurricane about to hit florida too. Tying the record for most hurricanes in a season. We still have over a month left in hurricane season too:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Weather/wireStory?id=1226241

Bush is the antichrist. But that's not news.

best believe the end is always near. nevertheless

i feel like drinking. Anybody else feel like getting drunk? Best response i can muster up in regards to terrorism. I dont really care too much for it. I have more shit on my mind more pressing things.Both trivial and important. Im going to keep doing what i must until im done. If a bird flu comes and takes me out i guess it was meant to be. I feel like im on my 9th life anyways.