Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The New Forum

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Deine Mudder, Aug 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Deine Mudder

Deine Mudder Senior Member

@misteraven

So I guess this is the new forum one is experiencing now?

It does look less modern to me; not trying to be funny but I thought "ha, this fits the 'back to the roots' approach!"
    To be honest I liked the last revamp, design-wise.
    What's the reason for yet another change?

Signing in via the Register / Login button did not work for me, neither does logging out via the Logout button in the top menu.

What are these "trophy points"?

Do we get the rep system back eventually?!
    : ]

Cheers.

2. Deine Mudder

3. One Man Banned

One Man Banned Dirty Dozen Crew

^ Wish you had said how you logged in!

I had the same problem, the Register/Log in link did nothing, went to a thread and clicked the link at the bottom that said you had to be logged in to post and was then able to log in.

Also unsure why the format changed, seems a bit more compressed on the screen but I imagine it was done to satisfy all the people who are content with surfing the web on their phones.

4. One Man Banned

Hmm. Not sure when this rolled out but none of the links at the top of the page work for me.

5. symbols

symbols New Jack

guess what?

i can't log in.

:weary:

6. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

I was able to log in just fine, take that everyone! I like the look of this one, but, I none of the links at the top work (as stated) and there is not "alerts" location, which I liked, nor is there a place that I can easily get to my "converstations" without typing in www.12ozprophet.com/conversations

One Man Banned likes this.
  7. simon sandleshit

simon sandleshit Junior Member

I miss the new posts button. But i like everything so far. I was automatically logged in when i visited anyway

8. Deine Mudder

That's how I do it as well.

9. peterpopoff

peterpopoff Member

Really intrigued on the new look , hopefully the word spreads and more heads join in . Would like to see the oontz popping off again

10. One Man Banned

For browsing convenience it would be nice if the time/date of someone's post appeared at the top of their post rather than the bottom as in the old forum, that way you don't have to scroll all the way down to find where the newest post begins.

Also want to second what Overtime said about the alerts- would be nice for that to appear at the top of the screen. Someone replied to a conversation I started with them and I had no idea. Less significant but I got a few 'likes' as well, had no idea until I saw them while browsing through.

As with the last roll out I'm going to suggest that if the trophy points don't mean anything then get rid of them. I'm guessing most of us don't bother to look at them much anyhow since they have no value.

Final comment is a general thank you for making the site/forum available. Every time it gets updated there is always a thread of what people don't like about the updates but I think it's because people care about it and appreciate having a place to go online that reps their interests.

11. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

You cannot see the new forum unless we've specifically updated your account. The new forum hadn't launched so those seeing are beta testing it after we modified the member account. Obviously the old forum is jacked and we're still finalizing the new one.

Please report any issues or if you need help with anything... [email protected]

We'll do what we can to help. Once we officially launch the issues should all be resolved.

12. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

I just tweaked your account to see the new forum. Like I said, unless you've requested this and received confirmation about it, you are not seeing the new forum. Also keep in mind the new forum has not launched yet. We are still working on it, so there will be some issues. Obviously when we have them worked out, we'll launch it publicly so everyone can see it.

13. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

Yeah man, I greatly appreciate the feedback because it's evident you guys all care and want to see this grow and improve, so don't hesitate to bring things to my attention. Please note that there is an all new website and forum lunching in the coming weeks so no point in calling out issues on the old site / forum. Doing the best I can here, but this is all a labor of love. We don't have a staff of support people and scores of developers. Honestly the majority of the work is my hacking it together with some help from freelancers I hire occasionally out of pocket since in its current form, the site doesn't even begin to pay for its own monthly service fees, let alone planning, design or development.

Regardless, many thanks to you all for sticking through 12ozProphet's dark ages. Hoping our best days are ahead of us and me and a small handful of people, including the moderators, are working hard to make that happen.

14. Brickos

Brickos Dirty Dozen Crew

15. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew