Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

the new eMac

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Santa Claus, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Senior Member

wow, i think i'll be getting one of these when i move out this fall.
    http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/2041/124/store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/productshot_emac.jpg'>

16" viewable monitor
    700MHz PowerPC G4
    128MB SDRAM
    40GB Ultra ATA drive
    CD-RW drive
    56K internal modem

all that for $1,099
    hot indeed.

2. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

good price but........macs......... i dont know.
    i dont think they can handle my ultimate gaming.

3. donniefrisco

donniefrisco Member

Thats pretty sicko. Pretty dam good price too for a mac.

4. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Im sure if i knew anything about computers, aside from there use in experimental music i would be hyped.

5. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Elite Member

That's a hefty price for that technology, than again, it's a Mac. Good OS software, good hardware, not many problems.

You could build a PC with a similar setup for less than $700...but I'd rock a Mac anyday.

6. yoink

yoink Elite Member

yeah that seems pricey for what it comes with..comparing to some pcs..but ive never had a mac and cant say anythign bad or good about it...ive used pcs forever..

7. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

it seems like every time you buy a mac it's outdated in like 6 months. can yuo upgrade those thangs??

8. Santa Claus

mr. mang, youre very true w/ things getting outdated very quickly, BUT, in the case of apple, being outdated only means that theyre CONSTANTLY pushing what they can do, it doesnt mean that what you buy now will be worthless in 6 months, it just won't be the best out there, but thats how all technology is. the eMac specifically arent upgradable, but the basic G4's and G5's are very upgradable.

either way, yea, you might get a machine that competes w/ the mac's for 700-800 bucks, but you wont get the 17" monitor or the speaker setup. the monitors that mac use are the industries best as far as clarity and color management, and thats something that i need for my graphic design work. and plus OSX is amazing. ive run PC my whole life, but i'm going to give apple a try because ive heard nothing but VERY good things. and if i can the G4 w/ everything else included w/ the eMac all for 1100 bucks....i'm gunna bite.

9. me IS cool

me IS cool Guest

yeah macs rock!! WOOOO!! oh wait. hehe

If you do get yourself a mac it will become obsolete in about 3-6 months. when i bought my g4 laptop it was state of the art and shit, but then bammm new g4 with like 600 billion hertz or someshit.... It's the shit for graphics/video but it's kinda gay for gaming. only a handful of games available....

And that iPOD is the shizznit!

10. Santa Claus

just because there was something new doesnt mean your old one was obsolete. sure theres better out there, but there will ALWAYS be something better/faster/cooler/sluttier. i dont know why im repeating myself.....