the new Blackalicious album

Guest Wilt

If you copped "NIA" their first album...and thought it was dope...then you'll think this album is the shit...with appearances from gil scott heron,dilated peoples,chali 2na,cut chemist,jaguar and others...i think this album outshines nia both in message and composition..it seems as if it has a bit more substance...it's a little more "polished".i definitely suggest you get it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i just took a listen and IT FUCKIN SUCKED

so i put tupac back on

is it more of that corny, pseudo-political, conspiracy theory, underground nerd shit? sure seems like it!

and speaking of which, i just saw jaguar wright in a coca-cola commercial, that sure does a lot for her credibility in my book!

not that i give a fuck...

Originally posted by MARLBORO RED

i just took a listen and IT FUCKIN SUCKED

so i put tupac back on

is it more of that corny, pseudo-political, conspiracy theory, underground nerd shit? sure seems like it!

yes, please go back to listening to your psuedo-thugged out, loved my momma rap of someone who has been dead for four years. thank you.

wow, i figured people would refute my comments, but diss the late great makaveli! i'm stunned!

if that's all you think tupac's raps were, you're a pretty shallow individual, but hey to each their own, guess i just can't appreciate the genius of blackalicious LOL

Guest Ted Wakowski

A couple of disses with no real weight.

Gift of Gab is a talented head and Swan Lake is still a classic. I'm lookin forward to hearing the new shit already...

a couple of disses with no real weight?

opinion isnt weight at all?

i responded i didnt like them.

i think their music sucks and i dont see where hes so "talented"

...listen to that...and ill listen to ho wto kill a cop.

im more interested in that anyway.

Guest Ted Wakowski
Originally posted by SenorSeven

...listen to that...and ill listen to ho wto kill a cop.

im more interested in that anyway.

Have fun.

for marlborored..im glad you hate blackalicious...because you probably dont understand it...2pac is like "understanding life for dummies"...genius?i think not..but hey thats your thing...and as for people inquiring about its finish compared to NIA...well its much more polished..and i think its better...peace.

2pac is like "understanding life for dummies"

well, wilt chamber-maid, perhaps one of the fundametal differences between us is that you are the kind of person that allows music to dictate (or even suggest) how they should understand and experience life, and i'm not... i like a variety of different artists, and they vary greatly in musical style, attitude, and message... i guess their common ground would be that they all seem to be legitimate, authentic, and "from the heart" (whatever that means, because as we all know the heart is a muscle with no emotional capacity...)

anyway, i didn't say i hate blackalicious, i just said that i sampled some of the clips on the link, and decided that they sucked... hate is a strong word buddy! and even if i did "hate" them, it wouldn't be because i didn't understand them, becuase from what i heard, they're pretty basic... not to mention the fact that i like tons of thing i don't understand, like david lynch's "mulholland drive" and the way homo's talk (they crack me up!)

so settle down their sparky, put some aesop cock on the hi-fi, light a incense and take a load off!

Guest Ted Wakowski

i like tons of thing i don't understand, like david lynch's "mulholland drive"

Dope movie. I watch this one over and over and have noticed new shit each time and feel like needlessly pointing a few things out since you mentioned you didn't understand it:

-The story told from the beginning is just a dream had by the blonde girl, who's name in the movie is really Diane Selwin

-The story told from the point where the blue box is opened is the blonde girl's (Diane Selwin's) actual life

-The blue key on the table seen soon after the blonde girl "wakes up" from the dream is the key she's handed later in the movie by the white-trash hired killer, indicating that the "hit" on the hot brunette has been completed (she meets the hired killer at that Winky's place towards the end of the movie and he tells her she'll have the key back when the job is done)

-The people in the beginning are dancing the "jitterbug" because that was the type of dance the blonde girl won a contest doing (she mentions it at the dinner table also towards the end of the movie)

-Basically everything happening in the "dream world" is a scattered rearrangment of characters, things, emotions and places the blonde girl experienced in her actual life, which is what some people have theorized dreams as being

i put together certain parts but i only got the chance to watch it once, what i have to do is cop the dvd and watch it over and over, that's the type of movie it is...

so dianne was the lesbian lover of the brunette and commied suicide after being jilted by her right?

donnie darko was hot too

Guest Ted Wakowski

so dianne was the lesbian lover of the brunette and committed suicide after being jilted by her right?

Yep. That and she had the brunette "wacked" by the white-trash guy.

Archived