THE NACE BOOK

hbg

orginally posted by sxe revenge naces brother

Hopefully we'll be putting out a book or some other quality publication with his works

that shit would be dope

just another way of keeping his legacy alive

is this actually going to happen?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GorbortOrman

a nace magazine.... video series... t-shirts... coffee mugs... key chains... posters... hats... and oh yeah, a book would be pretty cool.

Guest wakassOATH

i was accually going to ask if anyone had heard and rumores about a NACE book.. it would be dope .. but a nice hard cover book like the dondi one, not some done-in-two-weeks sloppy ass shit mag ..ill take one

Im not sure about the rest of you, but i would DEFINITLEY buy a book dedicated to Nace. Its a given that as many color photos of his work as could be included would be good, but to make it more personal i suggest that there be segments from the Mayhem guys and whoever else he was close to. Stories, memorial peices, you get the idea. The procedes could be used for some kind of memorial, or to pay for the funeral costs. I know that after a service and all the things that go along with someones passing the bills can be exorbitant. Im sure his family could use some support.

I hope someone seriously considers this. I think it would be very succesfull. RIP.

I HONSTLY THINK IT WOULD BE DOPE IF A BOOK WAS MADE , HAVE ZEPHYR DO IT, LIKE HE DID FOR DONDI, AND HAVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HIS FR8S IN IT FROM THE EARLY DAYS TO THE END, AND HAVE HIS FRIENDS SIT DO WN AND PUT THEM IN ORDER,THAT SHIT WOULD BE SO FRESH,

THERES A DOPE MEMORIAL ON THE LAY-LO .COM SITE IF YOU GUYS HAVENT ALREADY SEEN IT.

Originally posted by da burg

post any and all idea that you have for the book

a little biography thing to start it off, then friends and crew mates should just tell stories of missions and chase stories. crammed in between should be a shitload of flix. also maybe some interviews from mags (if he's done any).

I really don't want to seem disrespectful, but I just think it sucks how much fame people get with death. I'm NOT AT ALL saying that Nace doesn't deserve props and perhaps even a book to celebrate his life and artwork, but if this at all like any other death to fame situation, I'm betting not half of Nace's biggest supporters really cared about him when he was alive.

Like that 90210 episode where David Silver's friend dies and all the snobs who treated him like shit started talking about how great a friend he was. "How we treat someone when they are dead is secondary to how you treat them when they are alive".

That movie Heathers is all about this kind of thing.

I didn't know Nace, and I didn't really hear much about him until he died. It is too bad he isn't around to hear how much we all love him now.

Again, I mean no disrespect to Nace's friends and family and supporters. A book is definately a great way to celebrate someone who is gone. The profits should go to his family, for real.

So tell your living friends how much you like what they do, cuz they can't hear it once they're gone.

ya i feel what your saying oriok but honestly the true writers will respect him for his art anywayse. like maybe they didnt hear of him before his death but because of his death they heard about him and had to check out his work. it is kinda screwed up the way shit works like that but what can ya do. when i was first gettin into graff i went on 50mmla and was lookin at some dream flicks and i was so feeling them. then i went to another sight and found a lot more. then like two weeks later my writing buddys like ohh ya dream was the king. im just like dos he still write. my friends like hes dead man. shit sucks like that. anyways i dont think nace was doing graffiti for fame. i think after a while it becomes such a part of your life that it only matters to you what your doing

NEWA I DONT THINK WEVE MET, BUT , I WAS KOOL WIT NACE FROM 96- 98 OR 99, BUT THEN GREW ALITTLE APART CUZ HE STARTED HANGIN WIT YOU GUYS, NO DISRESPECT TO YOU, BUT I JUST DIDNT KNOW YOU FELLAS SO I DISTANCED MYSELF ALITTLE AT THE TIME, BUT HE WAS STILL CONSIDERED ONE OF MY PEEPS AN SHIT, ANYWAY, IM SURE YOULL HAVE A ROLL IN HIS BOOK , AND I HAVE SOME STUFF OF HIS, I D LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE, SEE SOME OF THE PHOTOS ON THE LAYLO INTRO I GAVE, LIKE THE BLACK AND WHITE OF HIM PAINTING, AND SOME OTHERS, IF YOUR INTERESTED, I WOULD FEEL HONORED TO DO ANYTHING I CAN, I AM ALREADY PLANNING A MEMORIAL WALL WITH HIS PORTRAIT IN THE SPRING TIME. BUT IF YOUR INTERESTED, I GUESS LEAVE YOUR EMAI L SO I CAN CONTACT YOU.

PEACE , ILL ET YOU KNOW WHO I AM IN A EMAIL

Guest lab rat

don't disgrace the history of nace by commercializing what he did.. and if there is a nace book made, what about a dream book? or any other great writer that has died.. are you saying nace deserves a book more than them?.. think about that first before you put out anything.

i don't want to start anything, but i don't see how it would be disrespectfull to make a book of Nace's life and works. i could see if maybe whoever did it was overcharging and ripping people off or keeping all the profits for themselves, but other than that i think its a great way to remember someone who is gone and for a whole bunch of new people to be exposed to his stuff (which is some of the best i've ever seen and the most original). i know that if i died tomorrow i would want as many people as possible to see the stuff i had done, although none of it is anywhere as good as Nace's.

a quality publication is an excellent way of memorializing someone..

and plenty of artists have had retrospectives of their work published posthumously, so that we all may continue to enjoy what they accomplished..

the dondi book goes to show what a loving tribute such an effort can be..

of course, the decisions, and profits, are usually best left to those that knew and loved the artist.

i look forward to the nace book..

and as far as books for other writers..no one ever said there were too many books on impressionism..

christ..can there ever be too many books?!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sodapop7
Originally posted by 9ign

Why not a memorial website? It could be just as dope as a book, but free to all! Just an idea.

r.i.p.

how about both....

Archived