the most under rated...

Chicken George

who do you guys think should have been given credit that never got it. who was underrated...and im not talking about some obscure group that didnt even have a chance..theres millions of underground groups no one will hear that might be really good but im talking groups that were almost there were pretty big for a minute then no one heard of them even though they should have be given more credit. underrated.

my pick would be A+. the album "the latch key child" oh fucking hell thats some good shit. no one can front on that. dope beats, dope rhymes, no fillers, dope guest appearences but not too many, quality all around.

i mean every song on that was a banger. iv had that cd since 96 and since i got it there hasnt been a week where i didnt listen to it. its so damn good. he was hot for a moment when the video was out now one knows who he is...i think the fact that he was like 14 or 15 had something to do with it though. if he was 20 when that dropped he would have been huge...now he did have hempstead high that came out about 2 years ago, which ill be the first to say was wack..it was his cash in on the jiggy for the cream which im not mad at him for. no matter what he does he gets the respect for latch key. that shit was good. dope voice and all. check that out.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

raymond scott.

he's only now getting his due(in the last couple of years), but he was on some shit back in the day that influenced alot of people either directly

or indirectly. the guy is awesome.

can. also had a huge impact on a ton of people. they get

alot credit within' circles of people that know about them,

but alot of people don't and should know about them. way

ahead of their time.

and a whole lot more that deserve credit.

drawing some blanks.

maybe more later.

Originally posted by asteriskoner:

BEYOND the old hardcore band.

i second that. that line up was priceless.

vic, alan, kevin, and tom freakin capone...

------------------

"Rain, it's rain again, rain down on my parade, i'm wrong you're right it's not what you would do - walk one mile in these shoes..."

im going to nail it...SUPERTOUCH. one of the best bands ever...always got the shaft somehow...the sound quality on the album...shady promoters...what ever.. but they were ILL!!!!!

------------------

"Rain, it's rain again, rain down on my parade, i'm wrong you're right it's not what you would do - walk one mile in these shoes..."

everywhere I go I hear about sunny day real estate. they are big within the indie scene. they never really tenscended into the mainstream pop and alternative scene. though. I also thnk that thier bassist joined the foo fighters.

------------------

til I change my mind..STRAIGHT EDGE!!!!!

Originally posted by Zack Morris:

everywhere I go I hear about sunny day real estate. they are big within the indie scene. they never really tenscended into the mainstream pop and alternative scene. though. I also thnk that thier bassist joined the foo fighters.

yea he did and i think the orginal drummer of the foo fighters was also the drummer for SDRE not the dude they have now.also 2 of the dudes in SDRA were also in BROTHERHOOD from what i heard....

[This message has been edited by asteriskoner (edited 09-09-2001).]

Originally posted by Chicken George:

god dammit everytime. you mother fuckers ruin good threads with bands. i was talking hiphop. not crap guitar music. no one cares about sunny day real estate. they suck. fuck. A+ is your dad.

then be specific when you start a thread like this jackass. dont leave it open to interpretation then bitch about the content.

------------------

[This message has been edited by MUNE (edited 09-10-2001).]

Originally posted by seeking innocence:

descendents

nuff said.

i have to disagree. before the green day explosion of punk into the mainstream in the mid nineties, every little poser-overnight-punk bought the descendants first (eighties to early nineties). that was like the introduction to punk; the "i'm down with punk cuz i like the descendants". and accordingly, they all listened to ALL to complete the collection. (similar to the rancid/OPIV connection). they got back together in the late nineties and made a video but never blew up, so in that era, maybe i can agree with you cuz they deserved the fame that was given to blink 182.

whoever said side by side was more important than beyond was way off. beyond was innovative for their time. every one in that band went on to bigger stuff. (well, 1.6 band wasn't THAT great, and Seaweed was horrible, but early-shelter, later-bold, burn, quicksand, inside out, 108...).side by side was good but very run-of-the-mill back then. and MUNE you're very right about Supertouch. your East 3rd Street signature is cool. i was hanging out with Tom and Walter and told them they should play that song in their live set (back when they were still together of course) and Tom said they never have and never will play that song. i told 'em it was one of their best songs and walter just shrugged it off. then when i saw them play live, lots of kids were yelling "East third Street". i guess they didn't know their own strengths.

i can name the most under rated album...

well not the most.. but yeah.

pinkerton.. i loved this album to death. and still do.. i fuckin love it. it seems that most weezer fans didnt though. they were expecting a buddy holly 2 or something. anyway. thier new album.. i dont really like it. i hope they were just in a slump or something.

Archived