Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

the most under rated...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Chicken George, Sep 8, 2001.

1. Chicken George

Chicken George Member

who do you guys think should have been given credit that never got it. who was underrated...and im not talking about some obscure group that didnt even have a chance..theres millions of underground groups no one will hear that might be really good but im talking groups that were almost there were pretty big for a minute then no one heard of them even though they should have be given more credit. underrated.

my pick would be A+. the album "the latch key child" oh fucking hell thats some good shit. no one can front on that. dope beats, dope rhymes, no fillers, dope guest appearences but not too many, quality all around.
    i mean every song on that was a banger. iv had that cd since 96 and since i got it there hasnt been a week where i didnt listen to it. its so damn good. he was hot for a moment when the video was out now one knows who he is...i think the fact that he was like 14 or 15 had something to do with it though. if he was 20 when that dropped he would have been huge...now he did have hempstead high that came out about 2 years ago, which ill be the first to say was wack..it was his cash in on the jiggy for the cream which im not mad at him for. no matter what he does he gets the respect for latch key. that shit was good. dope voice and all. check that out.

2. MUNE

MUNE Junior Member

CHILMARK. the was never anything like them, and there never will be.

------------------
    "Rain, it's rain again, rain down on my parade, i'm wrong you're right it's not what you would do - walk one mile in these shoes..."

3. kid toucher

kid toucher Member

pinhead gunpowder....what?

------------------
    Cock in one hand gun in the other
    100 and 10 degrees outside

4. kid toucher

kid toucher Member

or blatz...what?

------------------
    Cock in one hand gun in the other
    100 and 10 degrees outside

5. goreguts

goreguts Guest

A+ from Hiero will rip that kid a new asshole.

6. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

7. the band.
    don't front on cripple creek.

8. brown twinkie

brown twinkie Veteran Member

raymond scott.
    he's only now getting his due(in the last couple of years), but he was on some shit back in the day that influenced alot of people either directly
    or indirectly. the guy is awesome.
    can. also had a huge impact on a ton of people. they get
    alot credit within' circles of people that know about them,
    but alot of people don't and should know about them. way
    ahead of their time.
    and a whole lot more that deserve credit.
    drawing some blanks.
    maybe more later.

9. asteriskoner

asteriskoner Banned

BEYOND the old hardcore band.

10. MUNE

MUNE Junior Member

i second that. that line up was priceless.

vic, alan, kevin, and tom freakin capone...

------------------
    "Rain, it's rain again, rain down on my parade, i'm wrong you're right it's not what you would do - walk one mile in these shoes..."

11. asteriskoner

asteriskoner Banned

hell yes,also some might not agree,but SIDE BY SIDE should have gotten more respect.

12. nemersion

nemersion Junior Member

13. MUNE

MUNE Junior Member

im going to nail it...SUPERTOUCH. one of the best bands ever...always got the shaft somehow...the sound quality on the album...shady promoters...what ever.. but they were ILL!!!!!

------------------

14. *ZEMONEDOE$

*ZEMONEDOE$ Veteran Member

sunny day realestae never realy blew.
    siagon some dude i got on a mix tape will shred just about any one.
    o.c. who is oc ask cost and revs.
    mishka
    myself

15. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

everywhere I go I hear about sunny day real estate. they are big within the indie scene. they never really tenscended into the mainstream pop and alternative scene. though. I also thnk that thier bassist joined the foo fighters.

------------------
    til I change my mind..STRAIGHT EDGE!!!!!