the MENS ROOM

Ms.Bombastic

I figured since it's almost "Thursday"....and since a few of you chivalrous males have been questioning what it is girls want (Iceberg this is the chat we never had)...I'll let you in on a little secret....

It's called "the small things"

a man who doesn't try and impress u with stupid shit (like his car)

a man that is the same man when your hanging with him and his friends.

a man who will open the door for you..(a man who makes a point to do so)

a man that orders for u in a restaurant...

a man that is late and calls to say he's on his way(and also a man whos on time and calls to touch base and give you a heads up)

a man who doesn't constantly drop lines in a hint hint manner in reference to sex or about how stupid they think girls are..

a man who saves the boy talk for the boys

a man who is willing to give up his coat or sweatshirt because its cold(even if it means that he will be cold)

a man who makes me chicken noodle soup when I'm sick...

a man that has 12 items in front of me inline and sees that I have one and lets me go in front of him.

It's about the minor sacrifices that a man makes to let us know he cares...or that he's interested...

It's not all about telling us how much u love us, or that we expect you to tell us we're beautiful all the time(of course it's always nice to hear, especially when it isn't expected)

We don't want you to buy us stuff...I'd much rather u take me for a walk in a park with, than have you buy me a sweater at the mall....I mean I can buy my own clothes, but I'm not always in the company of a gentleman.

so...see its the little stuff that makes us feel good.....it's the little stuff that we miss when you're gone...

I mean if your really want to get the girl...she doesn't care what kind of car you drive(or if you even have one)

she doesn't care if you brought her 12 roses or one, just so long as you brought yourself.

I mean seriously when did being a gentleman go out of style?

Really thats all it comes down to.

I mean if that list is too much effort for you...than its likely all you'll get for the rest of your days is cheap pussy.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha ha i must be doing somethings right yet i still cant get a girl. i cant understand how a girl can be offended by me pulling a chair from under the table for them to sit on or holding the door open for them.

Originally posted by Ms.Bombastic

I mean seriously when did being a gentleman go out of style?

when did being a 'woman' go out of style? you want equal rights, but you also want special treatment cause your a woman. you want us to order for you, but you dont want us decide what you want. you want us to play the traditional role, but you want to play the roll of being a 'modern' woman. we cant win no matter what we do.

personaly, my whole thing is like, fuck what you want. i treat you with kindness and respect, if thats not enough, then fuck off.

Re: Re: the MENS ROOM

Originally posted by seeking innocence

personaly, my whole thing is like, fuck what you want. i treat you with kindness and respect, if thats not enough, then fuck off.

um, kindness and respect is all I want....My list is nothing more than kind and respectful things you can do for a woman. If a woman can't recognize a gentleman in her midst than fuck her, you should move on.

I'm no fool, I know damn well I have equal rights, I'm thankful for those rights. I don't feel oppressed, I just live. These are modern times and I am a modern woman. So you're saying modern women don't deserve to be wooed?(as cliche as that term is)

Men deserve the same respect...I mean I'm sure their are a list of things a girl could do to make a man feel good(cooking cleaning sucking and fucking aside)

I don't expect special treatment....i mean for example chicken noodle soup when I'm sick...I would do that for him....it cuts both ways... and as far as a man ordering for me, he doesn't have to it's just a sweet thing to do. I don't just expect to be treated like Queen and treat my man like shit...hell nah, fuck that...I want a man I can be good to...

when did being a 'woman' go out of style?

i like that quote. i try to be a gentleman to every woman that i meet, not just girls that im interested in, i mean like every woman that i come into contact with everyday, young, old, ugly whatever. but it seems there are no more classy ladies anymore, all i can see are sluts(male and female) and i hate that.

What the fuck?! I do all those things and I still can't get girls. I've said it before and I'll say it again, people, CHIVALRY DOES NOT WORK.

Maybe I should just walk around in Southpole and Exco gear, driving my parent's Supra pumping out D12 and calling girls "hoes". That seems to be what 99% of the girls round here go for.....

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

What the fuck?! I do all those things and I still can't get girls. I've said it before and I'll say it again, people, CHIVALRY DOES NOT WORK.

Word. I don't know what country, province, or planet you're from, Bombastic, but I got burned so many times trying to be the guy you describe that I gave it up. (I got a couple "let's just be friends" lectures, which is arguably worse than being told to fuck off.)

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Ms.Bombastic

a man who doesn't try and impress u with stupid shit (like his car)

a man that is the same man when your hanging with him and his friends.

a man who will open the door for you..(a man who makes a point to do so)

a man that orders for u in a restaurant...

a man that is late and calls to say he's on his way(and also a man whos on time and calls to touch base and give you a heads up)

a man who doesn't constantly drop lines in a hint hint manner in reference to sex or about how stupid they think girls are..

a man who saves the boy talk for the boys

a man who is willing to give up his coat or sweatshirt because its cold(even if it means that he will be cold)

a man who makes me chicken noodle soup when I'm sick...

a man that has 12 items in front of me inline and sees that I have one and lets me go in front of him.

Funny... doing the EXACT opposite of these is what makes being a guy a fun experience.

I'm with Cracked and Dazzle. Being THAT nice warrants you a spot in the girls's good friend list, which is not good if you want to go out with her. Girls: admit it. You like assholes for the thrill ride, and nice guys to marry and take care of the family.

Also,

"a man that is the same man when your hanging with him and his friends."

"a man who saves the boy talk for the boys"

Does anyone else see the contradiction here? Beer,

El Mamerro

all the fellas in the know have the same answer. when it comes to the fairer sex, nice guys always finish last.

i guess some girls like to be treated well, but (another big stinking generalization from wrecker) by and large, girls really like the "bad boys" that treat them like shit. confusing stuff.

there are exceptions.. i got lucky with my girl. i have always treated her like a princess and she adores me for it. i'd bet that she's opened less than 6 doors in the past 4 years we've been together (when i'm out with her, anyways). i do all that other nice stuff, too. it really helps that she's a completely sappy sweetheart.

now that i think about it, it depends entirely on the girl.

if you treat her like a queen and she blows you off, then she wanted to be shat on and you've blown your chance. you treat her bad after that, and you're just an asshole. you keep being nice and you've moved into Goodfriendsville. no amount of reverse psychology or backpeddling in either direction will get you "the fuck".

what a mess.

heres a boogie hands dating tip...

be a nice guy but read the signs, some girls dont like nice guys...these girls are a waste of time so if you can catch it right just flip it on them, spend the night dicking them down and then dont talk to them the next day, dont worry, girls that dont like nice guys like that sort of thing.....

now if the girl does like nice guys its simple...keep her

...i followed this after realizing a lot of girls arent looking for a nice guy and guess what ive ended up with....thats right, a lot of random ass and a really dope girl that im probably going to marry....badabing, i win again

Speaking as some one who is actually bisexual, but as a matter of taste (and pride) always goes for women...........................

Chivalrous men make my knees weak

Try as I might, I can't help it. I agree in theory with seeking - I'd like to think of myself as above such gender role carry-on, but I amn't. Holding a door open for me confers instant "good-book" status, probably forever.

At the same time, have you ever seen a girl trying to "do" chivalry for a bloke. In my experience they HATE it, they get all awkward. I bought a rose for a boyfriend ( a ways back) and he just SPAZZED out completely.

I mean, how would y'all react to a teeny five foot tall girl pulling a chair out for you?

i hold the door for everyone. if im going into or out of a store, and someone is coming in a few steps after me, i'll stand there waiting for them. why? cause im a nice guy. because i like everyone until they give me several reasons not to like them anymore. and even then, i dont bother to dis like them, i just amuse the world by mocking them, hoping they'll see the error of their ways.

im not an asshole, i just say things people dont really want to hear. im like chemotherapy. if you had taken proper precatutions before, you wouldnt be needing it now.

i love girls.

if the world really worked according to generalizations this thread would make sense. but unfortunatly...maybe fortunatly it does not. People always seam to forget that each male and female also happens to be an individual with their own individual likes and dislikes. personally... chivalry makes me kinda uncomfortable on the whole, I want to hear all the stupid vulgar guy talk *I* find it amusing...maybe most girls wouldnt...but thats me. I dunno.. I look for whats right for me. not what most girls want.

when did being a 'woman' go out of style? you want equal rights, but you also want special treatment cause your a woman. you want us to order for you, but you dont want us decide what you want. you want us to play the traditional role, but you want to play the roll of being a 'modern' woman. we cant win no matter what we do.

AMEN REVERAND SEEKING! Testify brother testify!

Archived