Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

THE MC5

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by charlie dundar, Jun 4, 2001.

1. charlie dundar

charlie dundar Member

I WAS JUST PUT ON TO THESE GUYS A YEAR AGO.THE MOTOR CITY 5 RELEASED THEIR EARLY STUFF AROUND 1967.THEY WERE A KICK ASS POWERHOUSE ROCK 'N ROLL BAND FROM THE DETROIT THAT PRETTY MUCH INVENTED THE''GARAGE ROCK''SOUND.THEY HAD HIGH ENERGY SHOWS,GREAT SONGS,AND INTERESTING POLITICS.THEY INSPIRED SUCH ACTS AS AT THE DRIVE IN.IT SEEMS HOWEVER THEY ARE PRETTY MUCH OVERLOOKED IN THE HIPPIE MUSIC HISTORY...EVEN THOUGH THEY WHERE VERY REVOLUTIONARY,AND AHEAD OF THERE TIME.IS ANYONE ON HERE FEELING THESE GUYS?I PERSONALLY LOVE THE SONG''THEHUMANBEINGLAWNMOWER''WHICH WOULD BE SICK IF IT WERE RELEASED TODAY.

2. willy!wonka

willy!wonka Senior Member

defanate over-look...I got an album back home I'VE OVER-LOOKED for ever.....my loss but I'll defenately check it out then I'll give you input of how much the rock...

sounds like they were ahead of thier time....
    good lookin out
    peace brah

3. Terorist

Terorist New Jack

MC5 make every "popular" band round today look like pussies...they were the real fucking thing.

and if you ever have chance, check out Iggy Pop live...still a complete freakshow live.
    Jello Biafra got all his moves from Iggy, just like Michael Jackson stole all his moves from James Brown.

peace,
    ak

------------------
    www.terorist.cz/magazine

4. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

"i give you a week before you ditch that name haha... your just asking for dick riders..."-seeking

hehehe...no doubt, use sunglasses and a fake nose...roe

...ok -kick out the jams it is...thanks...

5. phax

phax Banned

You better own Iggy and The Stooges "Stooges" too... same era, similar sound.

6. jointhedotz

jointhedotz Member

love the MC5, kept hearing their cover of 'i can only give you everything' and had to get more, how fucking good is 'kick out the jams'?...band i've been into for years, Spacemen 3, are heavily influenced by MC5, their song 'revolution' could be MC5, well recommended
    REVOLUTION - PURITY - LOVE - SUICIDE - ACCURACY

7. taco bell bomber

taco bell bomber Senior Member

mr. chip would u email me at [email protected] please..im from northern jerz..and i jus got flicks of that underpass on 78 yesterday ..good stuff...aiight hit me up if u please
    peacers

[This message has been edited by taco bell bomber (edited 06-04-2001).]

8. eros

eros Senior Member

"DONE KICKED 'EM OUT!"

Fuck yeah!

9. mental invalid

...yo ive seen old clips of those dudes, rockin out and it looked like a hardcore show, then showed the date at the bottom as 1969..i was blown away i thought it was like late punk stuff...guess 69 wasnt all about love, some doods were fucking pissed off...ive been wanting to check em out..if anyone can recommend something...i hate getting greatest hit shits...ATI def. rocks-to bad the canceled the second leg.....thanks for any info...

...peace...roe

10. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

kick out he jams motherfuckers.... i dont know nearly as much about them as i should considering im from detroit... perhaps today is the day... i give you a week before you ditch that name haha... your just asking for dick riders...

11. charlie dundar

charlie dundar Member

JUST CAME ON TO RESPOND TO SOME STUFF IN ANOTHER THREAD REGARDING ME.SORRY,BACK TO AN ALIAS.....

12. mental invalid

"BACK TO AN ALIAS"-?????

....wise choice....roe

13. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

whoa,
    if you're just looking into them, have fun. that's a real fun band to look into. just wait until you get to all their political shit including working class revolt, marijuana legalization, and the white panthers (and no it wasn't no racist shit). hahaha. by all means do it to it....

------------------
    i don't know what you subject to,
    but i suppose it ain't a bed of roses

14. peach

peach New Jack

hey chip7...
    thanks for the drawings for my dresses... i really appreciate it a lot and i would like to send you pictures...
    email me...
    [email protected]

15. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

hey peach, wheres my tyvek? isnt that what it was called? i guess me and my friends are 'cool' enough for your dresses huh? jokes.. hope all is well, email if you get a chance...