The Maxx Appreciation Thread

SilentBob

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i used to love this back when they played it on mtv. i dont know if you saw the same episodes they ran back then, but it was always real cool. totally psychotic and confusing, but in a dope way. at that time in my life, which happend to be pretty psychotic as well, i found some way to relate to it alot.

good shit.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Holy shit, I just rememberd I once did an ink drawing of this dude when I was like 14 or so. Lemme see if I can find it.

yo weapon I think it was 1/2 I have it also, as well as like 1-15 or something...i dont remember.

shit mams I have one too...I remember drawing it cause i thought it was an easy shape...one where hes all crawled up in afetus position...its funnyI saw it last time I went to the rents in a pile ofmy old bullshit from years ago.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Originally posted by GamblersGrin

i have the 1st issue w/ the glow in the dark cover

dope...my cuzz had that too.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

I fucking hated Rob Liefeld.

Why for? Is it because he completely ripped off Superman with Supreme? Out of those Image guys, Liefeld’s art was my least favourite, but he still had style.

On that cover of Darker Image, is that Deathblow in the background? I have the first two issues of deathblow. Is that still going on?

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

i think that was deathblow.

he had the red stripe going

down his face.

i didnt pay much attention

to him though.

i read it, but...eh...

bloodwolf was aiight too...

i liked the maxx the most.

Hated him cause all he did was totally template art... dude had like maybe 5 action poses in his entire arsenal (including the one in that picture: "scrunching shoulders and holding hands in front while screamin/snarling") that he recycled over and over for any character he did, and he always drew the shittiest angry mouths in the history of life, with weird little folds on the edges that made them look like they were smiling. Let's not mention the 7 billion creases and dimples he drew on everyone's face.

Jim Lee, on the other hand, fucking ruled the universe.

deathblow is not going on

bloodwulf was a complete and utter fucking rip of lobo

rob liefelld cant draw feet for shit.

if you check out gen 13 issue 13 a,b,c where they take a stroll through the old image universe you see a great paradoy of some liefeld characters with horrible feet and the above mentioned traits mams listed.

Haha, yes, let's not forget the shitty feet, most prominently displayed in another of his 5 poses, "jumping in the air with knees bent and spread apart, with feet hanging side by side, while shooting guns forward".

Even though I’ve been taking Tylenol 3’s, joints made of weed, and Molson Exports all day and still feel pain, I totally hear you. I forgot all that about Leifeld’s art. Still, he drew a badass Cable. I remember I had taken a break from comics for a bit, and I saw the cover of New Mutants, or whatever, with Cable doing his glowing yellow eye thing. For a second, I thought it was Longshot back all juiced up on the ‘roids.

Jim Lee did rule the universe, but Jae Lee ruled that parallel, fucked up universe. I didn’t like Deathblow too much. Black and white, and it was small. I think it’s because the reverse side of the first issue was Marc Silvestri’s “cyber” something or other. Fuck me, I don’t remember shit. I don’t know if it was even Silvestri. :o

deathblow was one of those char. that lacked in the originaty dep. well not horribly it just wast something outstandingly new, and i remember that issue I have it, he didnt really catch on...

and fucking a....look at his chest...seriously....fucking look...where the fuck was the editor on that one?

Archived