Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

the max power episode of the simpsons

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by mental invalid, Jun 27, 2005.

1. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

i dont think ive seen this one in a long time...

classic simpsons

hahaha...

ahhhh....good times....good times

carry on...

2. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won Member

was that he one with the apple power bars?

i havent seen any simpsons in years.

3. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

fuck i thought you'd have a link

yeah it's a good one

4. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

no, max power was when he changed his name or something and got a tv show and a bunch of other shit. is that right?

5. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

Yeah he read the name off of marge's hair dryer.....

HAHA just thinking about that episode makes me laugh

6. wiseguy

wiseguy Elite Member

i cant stop thinking that is the most fucking mega rad name ever.

7. DiptInButter

DiptInButter Junior Member

"you dont just cuddle with max power, you strap in and you feel the g's", something along those lines

8. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

hmm...never seen it, I went to simpsons trivia night for years and just coasted along to many a victory by relying on my teammates' thorough knowledge of the series...

9. krie

krie Guest

"max power, now thats a name"
    "thanks, i got it of a hair dryer"

10. MAGS156

MAGS156 Senior Member

Episode AABFO9
    Written by John Swartzwelder
    Directed by Pete Michels
    Also starring: Tress MacNeille, Maggie Roswell, Karl Weidergott
    Special guest voice: Ed Begley Jnr (as himself)

Premise: After realising that a TV cop show has a hero named Detective Homer Simpson, Homer is overjoyed. However, reaction to the show is negative and in subsequent episodes the detective is played as a fool. Nevertheless, Homer capitalises on his brief fame, adopts a new name, and becomes part of the Springfield glitterati, even joining in on their ecological protests.

Features: Mr Burns, Carl, Lenny, Moe, Barney, barflies, Grampa, Jasper, Chief Wiggum, Mrs Wiggum, Lou, Eddie, Agnes Skinner, Skinner, Otto, Nelson, Ralph, Janey, Snake, Dr Hibbert, Sylvia, Ruth Powers, Dr Frink, Hans Moleman, Android's Dungeon Guy, Krusty, Apu, Spotty Boy, Herman, Judge Snyder, Dr Nick Riviera.

Couch: Marge is hanging the family out to dry.

Trivia:

Krusty has a nephew called Josh (is this who we see in Homer Simpson in Kidney Trouble outside Davey Jones' Locker?).
    Amongst Homer's other choices for a new name are Hercules Rockefeller, Rembrandt Q. Einstein and Handsome B. Wonderful, before settling on Max Power.
    Cosingtons the store, no longer has a slogan saying it doesn't have a slogan!
    Other shows in Fox's mid-season line-up include America's Funniest Tornados, Admiral Baby, All in the Family 1999 and The Laughter Family.

Homage: Police Cops (originally called Badge Patrol) is clearly based on the TV show Miami Vice.

Notes for Brits: Annie Potts and Jeremy Priven are two US sitcom stars: Potts from Designing Women, Priven from Ellen.

Look out for: Homer's actual destruction of both the forest and the American eagle. Delightful. And is The Mule that Saved Spring Bank a reference to that famous Troy McClure movie Gladys the Groovy Mule? We think we should be told! Best in-joke has to be Lisa explaining that in TV pilots, characters that prove unpopular or irrelevant are often dropped, at which point Mr Largo and the Capitol City Goofball from Dancin' Homer wander past. There's also a dig at why TV networks like cartoons - so that if an actor leaves, they are easier to replace as no one notices when a voice changes - beautifully underscored by Ned Flanders (voiced by someone who isn't Harry Shearer).

This may also have been a bit of a dig at actress Maggie Roswell for whom this was due to be her last series of The Simpsons. According to some sources, this was reportedly a result of a salary dispute, meaning all her characters would have to be voiced by a new actress. Keep an eye out at the showbiz party for Cheers and Dumb and Dumber star Woody Harrelson, President Clinton (who has apparently 'done it' with a pig) and Saturday Night Live producer Lorne Michaels.

Song: Homer got the name Max Power from a hairdryer, and the Max Power song is sung to the tune of the Barry/Bricusse/Newley James Bond theme for Goldfinger (Guy Hamilton, 1964).

Notes: Funny in all the right places, this is an episode of two distinct stories, neither of which mesh together. The whole Ed Begley Jnr/saving the forest bit seems to have been tacked on, as if the stuff about Homer finding his name being abused (shades of Mr Sparkle again?) ran out of steam. Not a bad show, more a sort of 'So what?' show.

check this site

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/simpsons/episode...10/page12.shtml

11. deterrent

deterrent Veteran Member

He's the man who's name you'd love to touch!
    But you mustn't touch!
    His name sounds good in your ear,
    but when you say it, you mustn't fear!
    'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

12. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

the max power episode and the hank scorpio episode makes for one shit hot back-to-back.

13. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

man i was totally thinking this

14. MAGS156

MAGS156 Senior Member

I will have a smile on my face all day because of that song!!

15. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

season 10?..what are they up too on dvd, season 5?