The Mars Volta - "Deloused In The Comatorium"

MrChupacabra

The Mars Volta's cd just came out today, and all i have to say is fucking amazing. I've been listening to all their demos for a long time now, but the cd completely blows them all out of the water. You all should go

pick it up, or at least check it out, its some top notch material.

de-loused.jpg

marsvoltasticker.jpg

God damn, i can't wait for July 24, i'm driving out to Chicago to see them live. They're going to be amazing live.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don't know about where you guys live, but here in Minnesota its only 6.99 at Best Buy. Fuck downloading, spend the money and buy it...and then buy the book when that comes out. The book is going to have all the lyrics and the story behind them, since the entire cd is about their friend who attempted suicide, went into a coma, then came out of the coma and killed himself.

Originally posted by nomadawhat

what type of music is it???

I'm sure you've heard At the Drive-In. When ATDI broke up they formed two bands (and kept playing in a side project called de-facto); Sparta and The Mars Volta. Sparta was the more alt-rock side of the band, whereas TMV was the more artistic psych-rock style of stuff (kind of hard to explain). The thing that makes TMV so much better is that they got Cedric and Omar, the two fro-bros. Just think of ATDI, but even better, and more skillful. Don't get me wrong, Sparta is Ok, and ATDI kicked serious ass, but TMV is a whole new level. This is the best cd released in a long, long time. Except for Rolling Stone's 3, its gotten almost all 5/5s.

Originally posted by $360

do they have the same energy as at the drive in or is it a little more melo?im going to buy the cd anyway when i get some cash, but just curious.

Its definitely a different type of music, but its still very very high energy like atdi was.

there any reviews of this fucker out yet? links anyone??

yes, gohere , and then go to reviews, and then to cd reviews for de-loused in the comatorium. There are a bunch of links to reviews.