The Lucid Dreaming Thread

Milton

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don;'t know what lucid dreaming is but when I was younger like 5 or 6 maybe I remember having dreams where I knew I was dreaming in the dream. I used to fuck girls in those dreams and they would usually turn into witches and freak me out, but thats besides the point. The fact is yeah I used to have crazy ass dreams where I would test the world that I was in, since I knew I was dreaming... I would get freaked out some times and all Id have to do was shake my head really hard and i'd wake up ... I wish I could still have those kinds of dreams. I;ve heard people say that if you write your dreams down everyday after a while you get more in touch with your dream world or your unconsious (can't spell) mind. some shit like that... Some one should make a dream thread where we put in our dreams... ahhh off to bed.:eek:

Re: huh!

Originally posted by RubbeRBand

yo, there's a mexican herb that you can smoke that will put you to sleep and give you lucid dreams. My friend was on the patch and had dreams about Lord of the Rings.:rolleyes:

HAHAHAHA

-not sure why i found this soo funny, but i did.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: huh!

Originally posted by RubbeRBand

yo, there's a mexican herb that you can smoke that will put you to sleep and give you lucid dreams. My friend was on the patch and had dreams about Lord of the Rings.:rolleyes:

SOUNDS LIKE THAT PEYOTE STUFF THEM GUYS IN THE MOVIE "YOUNGUNS" WERE USING

i had this wild one bout a week ago- i look up at the sky turning gray hell and see 5 tornados beginning to form and look down and see i am in a field very much like a college campus. everyone is scattering. i look up and there must have been some kind of air show going on bc a parachuting man is above this pond when a massive bolt of lightning CRACKS! through the sky and evaporates him at the same time the bolt strikes the water causing where it it hit to look like a bomb exploded in that place. at the same time a small red 2 seater airplane gets hit by lightning and the thing just flies upside down about 50 feet over us and crashes. the lightning and people and explosions were deafening. i see my gf staring up mesmerized by the scene and i told her we have to go. we begin to head underneath a bridge (iknow its safe to crawl up in the crevices during a tornado but this was pretty much a bridge w/ legs only) but a man tells us its not safe there, that after this event people are going to be 2 places, in this building we see a short distance away or in the "city morgue." so we book it towards this building. on the way there there are huge pieces and sections of airplanes dropping out of the sky. all the pieces are red too. sometimes the pieces just smash into the ground and other times theyll bounce up a little bit. other times they hit the ground and break into a few other pieces. i remember feeling as if i was in a video game, and being trained well bc i made it through the gauntlet. we got to the building and there was a gate down w/ a gurad. the men we were w/ knew the guard and he raised it the gate for us. there was a second gate and a lot of confusion.

that is where the dream ends. it was one of those fantastically vivid dreams where you wake up and are just like wtf!?!? when i wake up i turn on the tv and the station is tuned to tbs which is broadcasting some movie where a tornado or hurricane just tore the ass out of some town.

last nite i have this one--i go to a classroom and the teacher has the big jug of hawaiian punch set up on the table as well as a bunch of smaller bowls w/ fruits like grapes, cherries, and strawberries. the class is sittign at their desks in a large circle and he asks us all to come up there and take a certain amount of punch and mix w/ a certain amount each of the fruits then to go sit back down. there are stacks of video games behind him (and in real life im not a big video gamer) and he starts doing this conteste where people are answering these questions and winning the stacks of games. next thing i know im in this large cardboard box in a robot halloween costume i wore a few years earlier. im also in there w/ some random girl, w/ a girl i messed around w/ after high school but her high school boyfriend was in there too, who was this big jock, and shes all rubbin up on me and im like hey now. so then were back at our desks, shes sittign next to me, i realize this hawaiina punch concoction is some fermentation projection that turns this stuff into a sangria type of wine and its really a crunky syrup. someone answers a question balloons go up and im more confused than ever. of course thats when i wake up.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I've had at least 2-3 lucid dreams a week for the past 8 years or so, it's almost second nature now. There is a thread on this somewhere with good tips on how to achieve it. Run a search.

By the way, to those who posted above, lucid dreaming isn't vivid dreams, it's dreams where you are aware you are dreaming and can take control of the whole thing.

El M,

I looked it up and found Tearz's rape thread which was quite interesting but had nothing to do with lucid dreaming. If there is any way you could give me some specifics about how you actually go about teaching yourself to dream lucidly please hit the email. That goes for ube also..>

THank you and H to the Oller

Guest Pilau Hands

my psychology teacher in high school used to tell us about lucid dreaming. he said you have to go to sleep concentrating on the thought or even that you want to dream about. do this every night for a few nights, and it should kick in. apparently there's a whole mystical thing about this. supposedly the hardest things to do in a lucid dream are turning on a light, reading, and looking at yourself in a mirror.

i've had a dream where i was both the pitcher and the batter...odd

usually i just end up deciding to have sex cause...what the hell

It can also lead to real wicked nightmares and a very sinking feeling of not being able to get up and move...which sucks. cause thats what I get mostly whenever this happens, I had a string of them for about the past three years, but none this year, its a very odd and sometimes quite scary sensation, I would love to just be flying, chilling, but I got real weird ones....

Originally posted by Pilau Hands

my psychology teacher in high school used to tell us about lucid dreaming. he said you have to go to sleep concentrating on the thought or even that you want to dream about. do this every night for a few nights, and it should kick in. apparently there's a whole mystical thing about this. supposedly the hardest things to do in a lucid dream are turning on a light, reading, and looking at yourself in a mirror.

i've had a dream where i was both the pitcher and the batter...odd

usually i just end up deciding to have sex cause...what the hell

niceness...yeah i always have the hardest time getting a visual of myself.

the pilau appears on channel 0

Guest -MOE LESTER-

theres this herb called "CALEA Z."...aka dream herb....if you smoke a joint at night before you sleep for a few days in a row it gives you reallty vivid dreams

ive tried it but i smoke alot of pot and pot like suppresses dreams so it didnt really work...but i did dream

That Calea Z. stuff won't put you to sleep but it will relax you and give you verrry vivid dreams. Like dream tripping. Except you

You won't necessarily be lucid during the dreams, but they will be MUCH more vivid, and your recall of the dreams is greatly increased. This stuff really works. But like someone else mentioned, with pot you won't dream as much or have very good recall of the dreams.

http://www.shamanshop.net sells the stuff, read about it on erowid.com.

The dreams I recall almost always involve running from something, whether it's cops, someone's property I'm trespassing on with random people, or involves exploring abandoned buildings and then being chased out. Hahahaha.

Plus, maybe you get even more out of it if you're depressed...I just read that depressed people enter REM sleep more quickly and stay in it longer when they're asleep! Ahh, depression.

But yeah, check out that calea.

I did it, I'm excited.

This morning I was trying to fall back asleep after taking a piss and that, so I was concentrating on remembering what I dreamed about and knowing that I was having a dream. So I guess I fall asleep and I was dreaming that I got up from bed, but all the lights were out. So I look outside and part of my building is like burnt down which seemed weird, but I didn't realize I was dreaming then. So I walk downstairs, and I'm trying to turn all the lights on and there not working, but it's damn hot, so I go to the thermostat, and it's all the way up. So I turn that off and go to the bathroom to take a piss. So I'm takin a piss and I see this newspaper on the floor, so I read somewhere that if you're dreaming the words will change on paper, so I'm like "I'll look at the paper, and if the words change, I'm dreaming." So I look at it, and then I look back and the words are different. So I realized that it was a dream, but I could tell I was starting to wake up. So I was like "fuck this I'm gonna fly" So I started flapping my arms and I like flew into my bathroom ceiling and then woke up...

This really fucking interested me, so I just search for some tips. Here

is what I found:

........One technique to achieving a lucid dream state is to ask yourself the question, "Is this a dream?" or "Am I dreaming?" 10 to 20 times just before falling asleep. The conscious repetitiveness of the question will eventually be submerged into the subconscious dream state. Reflecting cognitively upon such a question in the dream state will result in some form of conscious intervention and awareness, and hence a lucid dream state will be achieved. As a variation of the former method, simply count and affirm just before retiring, "I am dreaming, One" -- "I am dreaming, Two" and so on. Attending to the counting process keeps your conscious awareness vigilant to what you intend to do. For those people who tend to fall asleep rapidly, this method can have you counting straight into dreamland. Another method is to reiterate over and over to yourself just before going to sleep, "I will recognize that I am dreaming when I am dreaming" or "Tonight, I will be consciously aware of my dream." You can also use a stimulus response link. For instance just before going to sleep, look at your hand while reiterating to yourself over and over, "When I see my hand in my dream, I will know I am dreaming."

........For recurring nightmares or fearful dreams, intensely visualize yourself actively in a more preferred scenario just before falling asleep. Imagine yourself initiating actions in the manner that is most beneficial to you so that the stage is set for the subconscious to rerun the same play in your favor. Combine your visualization with the suggestion that you are in control of your dream and that there is nothing to fear. Eventually your imagery process will merge into a dream process and positive results will be achieved.

........Using the above techniques will produce an ability to achieve lucid dreaming in 4 to 5 weeks or less. After achieving a lucid dream state, act only as a casual observer at first or the condition might quickly dissipate into wakefulness. Slowly integrate into your dreams volitional control and alterations, and soon full dream mastery will be achieved. If you avoid whimsical notions, you can design purposeful meaning to your dreams and achieve in the dream state that which you want in the real world. If you want positive episodes to happen in the real world, you can now create dreams about them first.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

^All those tips you'll find online and in books and whatnot are wonderful, so try to follow those steps. I came upon lucid dreaming completely by chance when I was younger, and had it down by the time I read tips on it... and found out it was exactly what I do. So yeah, the basics:

-Mornings work best, after you've gotten up to take a piss or drink water or something.

-Keep asking yourself if things are right. I remember my first time I just noticed shit around me was completely fucked up and abnormal, and that's when I was like "Holy shit, I'm dreaming!!". Keep an eye out for what it is alerts you at first, it'll usually be similar stuff later on.

-By far the hardest thing to do is not realizing you're dreaming, but staying asleep after you've come that realization. The first instinct of the mind is to wake up, so you gotta stay calm.

-Controlling 100% of the dream is next to impossible. I've only achieved 100% control a handful of times, and every time I've woken up in tears because of how beautiful it was. Most of the time you'll achieve some level of control, but there will still be things out of your power. As mentioned the hardest stuff is turning on lights, as well as pressing buttons and other things that have to do with you actually "physically" interacting with the environment to cause reactions, things that would work perfectly normal in the real world. It is actually much easier to simply will the lights into turning on. The first few times you try to fly, you'll find yourself needing running starts and leaps before you stay aloft. Also, in most cases, you'll either wake up not long after the realization, or slip back into non-consciousness.

-Surprisingly enough, after you get used to lucid dreaming, you'll start treating them like normal dreams. What I mean by this is that just like normal dreams, they can be hard to remember, and the memory deteriorates as the day goes on. Often I have found myself right after waking up, still trembling from the excitement and thinking it was the sickest thing ever, then later in the middle of the afternoon, knowing that I had an awesome lucid dream, but barely remembering anything about it.

-Be aware that you could get some seriously frightening mishaps. A few times I've found myself in a recurring false-awakening loop that seems like it never ends. One time I must've falsely woken up no less 25 times before I really did wake up. It's really fucking scary cause you can start to believe you're stuck forever. You can also get accidental OBE's during these false awakenings, and if they catch you off guard you'll be scared shitless.

-Explore like crazy. Your mind is incredibly powerful. In my first few ventures I did the obvious thing; I fucked gorgeous women like crazy. Then, of course, came flying, which really never gets old. Actually, fucking gorgeous women never gets old either, but there's just so much stuff to do. One of my actual favorite things to do is to observe a tree. Yes, that's it. Look at a tree. I can't even describe just how mindblowing the experience is when you know that it is not real. Every detail is in there, the scraps of bark, the dirt around the trunk, tiny insects running around it, the stains and veins on thousands of individual leaves, how the branches move with the wind, how every single leaf follows a 100% perfect motion parallax when you move your head around while looking at it... this incredibly real presentation of a tree, happening instantly in front of you, and you are completely aware that it is a creation of your brain, a "rendering" that would take even the most powerful computer several days to achieve. It really puts a whole new perspective on just how powerful your mind is.

i love lucid dreams and get them quite frequently. when i was younger i head a dream about running after these naked girls i knew in a grassy hill area, then i fell. so i pushed myself up and tried to fly, and continued going. ever since then i've tried to lucid dream a lot and i get them more and more often. usually, though, they end up with me either getting overly excited that i am dreaming and i wake up, or i get the spins. i usually just got dizzy when trying to stand up or something, my balance is really off, but the other night i couldn't stop spinning when i was flying. i like to fly.

i like dreams because everything in them seems real... emotion, feeling, thought, experiences... it all feels so real, and who's to say it's not? why waste the time sleepign when you can be doing whatever you want? it's a goal of mine to be conscious 24 hours a day, yest still sleep.

Archived