The Little Prince

Guest --zeSto--

Guest --zeSto--

http://www.victorthorn.com/babel/favorites/LittlePrince.jpg'>

yes... it's a child book, but it's also studied by University level french majors.

I try to read it once a year (or whenever I'm feeling old) and think everyone should get through it atleast once.

The Little Prince is a book written by the French author, journalist, and pilot, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. It was written in 1943, one year before his death. It is the most well-known of his novels. From the outside it appears to be a simple children's tale. The Little Prince is actually a profound and deeply moving book written in riddles and laced with philosophy and poetic metaphors. The book has been translated into many languages from the original French version.

One only understands the things that one tames. Men have no more time to understand anything. They buy things all ready made at the shops. But there is no shop anywhere where one can buy friendship, and so men have no friends any more. If you want a friend, tame me.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by chicken bone

great book, beautiful pictures and story.

everyone should read it!!!

so the little prince, in spite of all the good will that was inseperatable from his love, had soon come to doubt her. he has taken seriously words which were without importance, and it made him very unhappy.

"i ought to have listened to her....one never ought to listen to the flowers. once should simply lookat them and breath their fragrance. mine perfumed all of my planet. but i do not know how to take pleasure in all her grace....the fact is that i did not know how to understand anything! i ought to have judged by deeds and not by words...."

i am so happy that my quote affected some of you!!!

Guest --zeSto--

devilush...?

If you had to identify with one of the adults... which one?

I'm either sliding towards the drunk or the lamplighter.

fuckin weird..this book has been loungin around my house for a while now..somebody borrowed it from the library i guess. but today it was sitting on top of the couch in my living room. and i started reading it after seein this thread because well i didnt know what it was about and yea..

this book is truely one of the best, and it shouldn't take a proficient reader any more than an hour or two to read. i read it on the way up to orange county one day when wrecker was driving me to check out a shitty car. i had never read it before, i was pleasently suprised at how easy it read.

zesto.....

i'm sorry to say this but i am veering towards the business man and the lamp lighter. idealy speaking, i want to be the lamp lighter...but i know how i can get sometimes and it is the business man.

"that man.....that man would be scorned by all the others: by the king, by the concieted man, by the tippler, by the business man. nevertheless, he is the only one of them all who does not seem to be ridiculous. perhaps that is because he is thinking of something else besides himself..."

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by juggernaut

she saw that some store had copies on sale for a dollar, so she bought five and sent them to a bunch of her friends.

no joke! I did the same thing.

There was a sale right before christmas on little paper versions.

I bought a shitload and used them as christmas presents.

(of course every copy had a little calligraphy inscription by yours truly)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived