Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Little Prince

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by --zeSto--, Jul 19, 2002.

1. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

http://www.victorthorn.com/babel/favorites/LittlePrince.jpg'>

yes... it's a child book, but it's also studied by University level french majors.
    I try to read it once a year (or whenever I'm feeling old) and think everyone should get through it atleast once.

[color=silver]The Little Prince is a book written by the French author, journalist, and pilot, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. It was written in 1943, one year before his death. It is the most well-known of his novels. From the outside it appears to be a simple children's tale. The Little Prince is actually a profound and deeply moving book written in riddles and laced with philosophy and poetic metaphors. The book has been translated into many languages from the original French version. [/color]

[i]One only understands the things that one tames. Men have no more time to understand anything. They buy things all ready made at the shops. But there is no shop anywhere where one can buy friendship, and so men have no friends any more. If you want a friend, tame me.[/i]

2. chicken bone

chicken bone Guest

great book, beautiful pictures and story.

everyone should read it!!!

4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

http://plasticpuke.net/~sway/girls/Mariah_Carey/003.jpg'>
    "i'm crazy"

5. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

so the little prince, in spite of all the good will that was inseperatable from his love, had soon come to doubt her. he has taken seriously words which were without importance, and it made him very unhappy.

"i ought to have listened to her....one never ought to listen to the flowers. once should simply lookat them and breath their fragrance. mine perfumed all of my planet. but i do not know how to take pleasure in all her grace....the fact is that i did not know how to understand anything! i ought to have judged by deeds and not by words...."

i am so happy that my quote affected some of you!!!

6. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

that quote above....explains some friendships that i have seen through other people. i guess it kinda ges back to that fat friends thread.

7. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

"....for us who understand life, figures are a matter of indifference."

8. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

devilush...?

If you had to identify with one of the adults... which one?

I'm either sliding towards the drunk or the lamplighter.

9. DISCO BRYSO

DISCO BRYSO Senior Member

de saint is the shit! rock on antoine! I wish they still ran the cartoon on TV all the time.

10. A Fire Inside

A Fire Inside Senior Member

Good book indeed. I did a little story book with quote's from The Little Prince in High School. I had to go in front of the class and read some of the quotes and say why I chose them and how they related to me. Yeah..

11. Daddy_Screw

Daddy_Screw Guest

12. dELiSs

dELiSs Elite Member

fuckin weird..this book has been loungin around my house for a while now..somebody borrowed it from the library i guess. but today it was sitting on top of the couch in my living room. and i started reading it after seein this thread because well i didnt know what it was about and yea..

13. zorak

zorak Member

this book is truely one of the best, and it shouldn't take a proficient reader any more than an hour or two to read. i read it on the way up to orange county one day when wrecker was driving me to check out a shitty car. i had never read it before, i was pleasently suprised at how easy it read.

14. dot.

dot. Junior Member

for those of you who read french i highly reccommend picking up the original version...

it's much richer.

15. sTress

sTress Guest

s'il te plait, dessines-moi un mouton!