1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Leonids

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Lush, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Lush

Lush 12oz Member

The Leonids

Discussion started by Lush - Nov 9, 2001

My boyfriend mentioned a few weeks ago that soon we were going to go somewhere in the middle of nowhere, with a bunch of friends, to watch a meteor shower. I thought he was crazy because it is november, it is freezing, and only one of our frends has a car. I forgot all about it and then he sent me this article today http://www.msnbc.com/news/653572.asp?pne=m...=msn&cp1=1#BODY
    and I think it's going to be really cool. I'd never heard of the leonids before, and I'd never seen them. Anyway it sounds interesting, and I wouldn't mind staying up all night drinking, and watching meteors.

Lush - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. beardo

beardo Guest

beardo - Replied Nov 9, 2001

nice. hope i can catch a couple in the big city.

3. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass 12oz Veteran Member

Cracked Ass - Replied Nov 9, 2001

Meteor showers are cool, if you get one with big chunks and high frequency. I like the Perseids because they're in August (a lot warmer out).

Cracked Ass - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass 12oz Veteran Member

Cracked Ass - Replied Nov 9, 2001

And beardo, you won't catch much in the big city due to massive light pollution. You really have to get way the fuck out there to lose that problem. It's why observatories are usually in remote areas. The difference in the night sky is amazing, I was in western Canada one time and there was so much more to see (even just stationary stuff) than you can get near a city or, for that matter, on the eastern seaboard, which I believe has the worst light pollution on the planet.

Cracked Ass - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. Lush

Lush 12oz Member

Lush - Replied Nov 9, 2001

Yes, the light pollution is why we're going to the country. I have a cottage about an hour and a half outside the city so we were thinking of going there. There's about 5 huge fields behind it so we can take out our lawnchairs, sleeping bags, pillows, and what have you to chill and watch the show.

Lush - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: