Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

the lemonheads

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by railroadjerk, Apr 22, 2002.

1. railroadjerk

railroadjerk Guest

i think im going to get in the habit of listing bands that i really like, hope that doesnt chaffe you guys or anything...

not the candy, but the band.

i first got "Come on feel the lemonheads" when i was younger, and i dug every song. they had that ability to rock but do it subtley with acoustic guitars and tambourines on even their harder songs.

then i bought "its a shame about ray" and its one of my favorite albums ever, period. juliana hatfield does backing vocals, and her voice is one of the most beautiful ive ever heard. evan dando's voice is awesome too...

the lyrics deal a lot with his drug problems, girls..etc stuff we can all relate to and though they all deal with very down subjects, they have a hopefullness about them that makes you feel good.

i'm listening to "my drug buddy" right now, and its all about scoring drugs, dando had/has? heroin problems but at the end he and hatfield sing "i love my drug buddy, my drug buddy" over and over and its a real beautiful moment musically.

his lyrics are clear and meaningful, and its not the same garbled together strips of sentances that most rock music is now. its real, and i respect that...

oh well im spouting, but you guys should check them out...i really emplore you guys to download "style" you can see where hes coming from, its probably one of their hardest songs so even you ocks who hate more laid back stuff can get down with it...

2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

evan dando has a wierd name....but i dig the lemonheads

3. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

And heres to you Mrs.Robinson

4. sLaMoNeSaBkYmi

sLaMoNeSaBkYmi New Jack

another good 90's band that i miss.................

5. blood as ink

blood as ink Guest

that's really a simon and garfunkel song incase you didn't know...

6. unoprimero

unoprimero Guest

oh that candy is good... you cant even get that shit over here anymore.

7. Sonik3000

Sonik3000 Senior Member

I am a rabbit
    I've got to have it
    I'd like to stick my carrot -
    INTO YOU!!!

Hate Your Friends rocked... I'm gonna go listen to that right now.

8. railroadjerk

railroadjerk Guest

9. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

http://www.netgoth.org.uk/people/7524.jpg'>
    "I AM MOLD GODDESS_88.3"

10. optimodub

optimodub Junior Member

"What is Aphex Twin's connection to...The Lemonheads?"

In Richard's own words:

"I admit that sometimes I don't put any work into remixing at all. Sometimes I just give them an old, completely different track and say, 'Yeah, there's
    your remix.' I did that with The Lemonheads. I couldn't be bothered to do their track 'cause it was so shit. I don't know if they noticed or not 'cause I never bothered talking to any of them.

Basically, I was supposed to do it but I forgot the courier was coming that day. The doorbell rang, and I realised I'd forgotten so I just told him 'Fifteen minutes,' went upstairs, found an old track, taped it off, and gave it to him. I got paid four grand for that. A nice day's work. I've done that a few times, but I don't always do it."

:lol:

11. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

^i can see myself doing jerky shit like that in the future^

12. platapie

platapie Guest

whatever gets your bloob boiling.

13. railroadjerk

railroadjerk Guest

yeah this is a classic story...rdj is a lazy bastard. last i heard he was working on a program to write and compose the songs for him, all computer done. pure genius..hehe

14. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

i downloaded some songs and i liked what i heard
    i like softer acoustic stuff. i enjoyed "Into Your Arms"

15. ODW

ODW Member

didnt they cover "mrs robinson" for the waynes world 2 soundtrack. wasnt bad, but u cant fuck with simon and garfunfkel.