THE LAW

inkjunkie34

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest THE LAW

THE LAW believes that your statement contains an incorrect usage of the word "whom". THE LAW hereby sentences you to 4 hours of grammar study...focusing primarily on the dative case. You may appeal the judgment of THE LAW if you can show proof of correct usage. Otherwise, go forth and bathe in the stink of your own incompetence.

In my opinion, (not that it matters in the new world order here) I believe in THE LAW, I only hope THE LAW does not become corrupted in this hostile environment, as well as fall victim to bribary of those whom believe they are above THE LAW :cool:

The law might be someone weve all known for a long time, I would also like the KING OF HELL to unmask themselves, but that would also defeat their purpose, Myinclination is that they are users weve known that have picked up aliases to disguise their true hatred towards miseducated and ignorant members. What is the deal with all these new crew members?:confused:

Guest drewWrite

I already like THE LAW. I always cringe at the horrible spelling on this board and the use of words in improper context. i'm not talking about sloppy typos either. god knows i've got millions of those.

Originally posted by Jesus of Nazareth

I have already grown to like THE LAW as well. My guess is that "cracked ass" has a new username....

i saw cracked ass is now just an elite member dunno whats up with that. but if it is cracked i didn't think his ego was as big as The Law's.

Subjects and Verbs Agreement between Subjects and Verbs Pronouns Who and Whom Whoever and Whomever Who vs. Which vs. That Adjectives and Adverbs Problems with Prepositions Effect vs. Affect Effective Writing Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers Writing Numbers Grammar Exercises TEST YOUR GRAMMAR

WHO and WHOM

Rule. Use the he/him method to decide which word is correct.

he = who

him = whom

Examples Who/Whom wrote the letter?

He wrote the letter. Therefore, who is correct.

For who/whom should I vote?

Should I vote for him? Therefore, whom is correct.

We all know who/whom pulled that prank.

This sentence contains two clauses: We all know and who/whom pulled that prank. We are interested in the second clause because it contains the who/whom. He pulled that prank. Therefore, who is correct.

SYLLABICATION: da·tive

PRONUNCIATION: dtv

ADJECTIVE: Of, relating to, or being the grammatical case that marks the recipient of action, that often indicates the indirect object of the verb, and that can be used with prepositions or other function words corresponding in meaning to English "to" and "for".

NOUN: 1. The dative case.

2. A word or form in the dative case.

ETYMOLOGY: Middle English datif, from Latin (csus) datvus, (case) of giving (translation of Greek dotik ptsis), from datus, past participle of dare, to give. See d- in Appendix I.

OTHER FORMS: dative·ly —ADVERB

....i think his use of whom is wrong, but only in a formal situation, other then that its acceptable in informal conversation...and i dont think that the dative rule has anything pertaining to this example of a grammar faux pas...i dont know who the law is, but i think its gonna be a fun ride...but i concur the spelling and grammar is horrendous, but in this case the law is being the equivalent of martin on the simpsons....nothing is worse then a nitpicking intellectual, even if it is for a good laugh...rOe

Guest THE LAW

thank you mental invalid,

THE LAW is not as big of a grammar nerd as so many citizens may be inclined to think. THE LAW is merely aware of what is blatantly wrong and seeks opportunities to look smart and exercise his power.

Back when THE LAW was a wee tot in high school, he took a German class which introduced him to the dative case. He doesn't remember it all too well except that it deals with the direct object somehow....anyway....

what THE LAW DOES remember is that WHOM is pretty much only used after words like TO FROM FOR WITHOUT etc. "WONDER" is not one of these words. ...Hence the correction.

THE LAW is fair and just and allowed Mr. Inkjunkie34 to appeal THE LAW's decision if he could show correct usage. Neither you or he has.

THE LAW is impressed with your reply and is curious as to the source of the text you so graciously brought to our attention.

THE LAW is not "mr. Ass" We here at the 12ozprophet Writer's Forum are patiently awaiting the return of Mr. Ass as well.

...yeah i researched that dative case, i kept coming across the germanic languages and latin, but could only find examples of translations to english...so that explains the whole german class, a-haaaa...i suck at grammar, but i also find it suffocating to say the least...especially in creative writing...im trapped in business writing from 9-5 anyhow, so i have to brush up on it....anyway i wanted to research who and whom, cause i didnt really know myself....

but here is what i used...roe

the definition is from www.dictionary.com

and the example of usage is from www.grammarbook.com

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by inkjunkie34

you have taken this way too far...i could understand if i was miz303 or crome12dvs (exp. "yo a dog i got ta get miness up n ayol cuhhhhh.") see what i mean??????:D :eek: :mad:

It's funny because it's true!!

Guest THE LAW

you have taken this way too far...i could understand if i was miz303 or crome12dvs (exp. "yo a dog i got ta get miness up n ayol cuhhhhh.") see what i mean??????:D :eek: :mad:

INKJUNKIE34, THIS IS THE LAW....

HAVE YOU COMPLETED YOUR 4 HOURS OF GRAMMAR STUDY?

THE COURT PATIENTLY AWAITS YOUR ANSWER..

Originally posted by Fox Mulder

i saw cracked ass is now just an elite member dunno whats up with that. but if it is cracked i didn't think his ego was as big as The Law's.

Cracked had to a take a small leave of abscence, THE LAW and Cracked aren't in any way the same person, we expect Cracked to be back soon and we expect him to resume his duties as moderator, he's as crew as ever... and Fox is right, Cracked is more diplomatic than The Law but that's just his style

• 1 month later...

here is some grammer for ya.....fuck you guys.....just like a buntch of bitches ............................when you find your balls i'll be out on the court!

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Did you seriously just go all the way back to the October 15th posts, just so you could reply to this thread by calling these guys a "buntch" of bitches? Amazing the dedication some people have. Beer,

El Mamerro

Originally posted by KING OF HELL

THE KING OF HELL's identity is just that. WE are the KING OF HELL. be satisfied.

Not to be a dick......kind KING OF HELL......

but in reference to proper grammar and such you have some rather improper usage of the word "WE" in the singular state....

"WE ARE THE KING OF HELL"????? Sorry sir I just felt that I needed to point that out......Peace and love be with kind hellion

Guest KING OF HELL

WE used WE because WE felt like it describes US as a LEGION very well.

THE KING OF HELL has recently been possesing individuals to sign online and talk amongst all of you infidels. WE must keep in contact with our friend THE LAW and the other crew members.

there are time when WE will not use WE to refer to OURSELVES. just be happy there are no CENOBITES in your hallway.

Archived