The Killing Fields

shaolinmasta

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Saw the movie, it was very intresting...but its nothing like haveing a mom who was actually born and living through that hell, she tells me stories that arent even documented, it almost makes me want to write a book about some of the stuff she lived through.it was sad, and amazing how my mom could still be sane after all shes been through.

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Nov 12 2005, 12:25 AM

Your mom was there?

Dang. Earlier tonight someone was talking about how their mom was a dominatrix. Such diversity on 12 oz.

yea man, my moms told me some sad stories, one was when she was young her dad,my grandpa, had lung cancer from smoking cigarettes(my grandpa worked under the government befor the regime change) any ways my mom and her family was told he was going to have surgery to get rid of the cancer in his lungs, well during surgery the doctor is told and given a gun to shoot my grandpa right in the heart when they opened him up...some crazy shit.

Originally posted by GEEB+Nov 12 2005, 11:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GEEB - Nov 12 2005, 11:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mackfatsoe@Nov 12 2005, 12:25 AM

Your mom was there?

Dang. Earlier tonight someone was talking about how their mom was a dominatrix. Such diversity on 12 oz.

yea man, my moms told me some sad stories, one was when she was young her dad,my grandpa, had lung cancer from smoking cigarettes(my grandpa worked under the government befor the regime change) any ways my mom and her family was told he was going to have surgery to get rid of the cancer in his lungs, well during surgery the doctor is told and given a gun to shoot my grandpa right in the heart when they opened him up...some crazy shit.

[/b]

Same. My folks have been through the same shit. Hmm...

I think the worst story I've heard was about these two brothers that lived on their own in some small village. It was some ways away from the ummm... Khmer Rouge territory. Like some settlement they had established for a short while. Anyway, the two brothers were out looking for food and were doing their best to be careful. They didn't want to get caught by the KR. Anyway, they wander off into some fields and eventually got some food. On their way back they were discovered by 2 khmer rouge soldiers, unfortunately. The soldiers yelled at them and the two brothers were off and running. The soldiers let them run a short distance, toying with them, and began to fire shots...The older brother was shot and fell straight to the floor. The younger brother stopped running but the older brother told him to run away. So he did as was he was ordered to. He didn't want to, but he knew he had to. He ran and hid for a about 2 hours. So yeah, the younger brother was obviously saddened by the whole thing. He had witnessed his older brother die right in front of him. He then returned to the area where his brother got shot with a knife he had found while hiding. Y'know, just in case he got captured/to get revenge. Traumatized, he thought the only proper thing to do was give his older brother a burial. While sobbing almost hysterically, he began to dig a hole. And notice that he couldn't dig a big enough hole, let alone one six feet deep. So he decided to amputate his older brother.... :shook:

Armed with a dagger(?), he began to cut his brother piece by piece only where the knife would cut easiest. He hacked away at the limbs and placed the body parts in the hole. He buried the hole and began to cry more. Saying a pray and continuously saying "Bong" (which means older, like older brother) he began to walk home. Sunset had took it's proper place and he ran into his village and imformed them of what had happened. Saddened, his fellow villagers showed sympathy by allowing him to stay with him. And he did. He stayed with his neighbors until he was comfortable to go back home. He knew that it was time to grow up. So a couple of days later he goes back home. He is know comfortable and ready to become a "man". So he is finally home. Cleaning up the house from dawn to dusk and taking care of the chores his older brother was once responsible for. After a long and hard day, he decides to head off to bed. He begins to think of the responsibilities ahead of him and thinks about his brother. During the night, he hears rustling noises and thinks nothing of it. So he falls into a deep sleep. The next morning he wakes up but is still in "sleep mode". Tired and weary from the day before, he just lies in bed. Eventually he falls to sleep again. *But.... He hears the front door to his house/shack open. The lock was unlocked.* Startled, he just lies in his bed and covers his head with a blanket. Now he hears footsteps from within his house. He is trembling in fear and tries his best to stop shaking. The footsteps seems to be getting closer and closer but very very slowly. And all of a sudden, the footsteps come to a sudden stop. The boy waited it out for as long as he could. He even pretends to fall asleep for a few hours and eventually falls asleep. Convinced that the unknown stranger had left, he peeks his head out of the blanket. He looks to his doorway and sees no one. He then looks outside his "window". No one. Relieved he just lays in bed and thinks about the day before him. Then, the footsteps start again and now it seems to be right in front of his "doorway" that leads to his room. The boy is now shitting bricks for good reason. He then hides under his blanket and a few minutes later somehow gains enough courage to stick his head out.... ... So he looks to his doorway... and a few moments later he sees an image. A person. The shadowy figure gets closer. The boy hides himself under his blanket again and the footsteps came to a final stop. A few minutes later the boy peaks his head out... He sees his older brother. His older brother, body dismantled and all, smiles at his younger brother and just says "Hi Oun" (which is the cambodian way of saying "Hello younger brother"). WHOOOOOO!

*But.... He hears the front door to his house/shack open. The lock was unlocked.*

My mom made a big deal about the locks on the doors of a cambodian household. She says it's a lot different from what we are used to and you could certainly hear that shit when it's open.

My mom didn't tell me this story by the way. My cousin did. Good shit.

I'm done,

-James

^Sorry. Just a short ghost story that happened in cambodia during the khmer rouge. I think the first part was true and the second part was fictional. But hey, I believe in ghosts. So I believe the whole story...

Geeb, you're cambodian right? Bet you know tons of ghost stories. Let's hear some.

it's not halloween but...

-jizz

my mom knows soo many stories i really should write them down, shes also told us about some times shes seen ghost while she was a kid during the khmer rouge,

one she told us was one night my mom and her mom(grandma) was at an office outside of a camp getting shots in thier arms, my mom and every one on my moms side from cambodia have scars on thier arms from this shot that was supposed to proctect from small pox or somthing like that, im not sure, anyways they used the same needle to give out these shots to hundreds of people, so after my mom and grandma get thier shots my grandma has to sign papers listing family and all that stuff, my mom gets tired and decides that she will walk back to the camp alone, so my mom is walking down a road on her way to the camp and she checks behind her and she sees a girl her age with short hair following her, my mom thinks nothing of it and is actually glad someone else is walking with her back to camp, when my mom looks behind her again the girl is right in her face, the thing is this girl had absolutly no face at all, no eyes,nose mouth, just a blank place where her face is supposed to be, at that point my mom starts running, my mom says she was so scared she couldent breath or scream, my mom says she runs until she comes to a cross road and she looks behind her and nobodys there anymore, my mom swears it was a ghost. :shook:

i got a few more stories but i have to ask my mom to tell me them to make sure the stories straight.