The job you regret quitting.

XxSugarxX

Seeing as how the economy has gone to shit these days, it's getting more and more difficult to find a good paying, non-bullshitty ass job.

I just got a new job..and it's boring as alll shit.. I almost fell asleep and today was my first day..

The job i regret quitting the most was when i worked at UPS making 11$ doing simple clerical shit..but i had to be a homo and quit because school work was becomming too much..

any jobs you regret quitting/turning down?..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest willy.wonka

selling weed.

but i wasted my time in vegas workin the mall job and fast food, when i should have been workin the hotels.i chose not to work the hotels due to the money that they vampire away from people..i dont get along with vamps..i once saw these huge bats flying around that light from luxor..thier wingspan looked like 4 ft..not your normal desert bat.looked kinda evil..dracula style stuff.

but damn i wish i worked the hotels.i would have made more money and treat my girl to more dinners.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

None. I hate jobs. Who wants to clock in? Not me! Odd jobs and contract labors for life! Specialize in something learn alot about it, or be a jack of all trades. Nobody says you have to be a drone to make money.

very true..

but now a days...a good number of employers want bachelors degrees and what not....

and labor jobs don't work out too well for the ladies..i know this from experience at Under Paid Slaves.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

None. I hate jobs. Who wants to clock in? Not me! Odd jobs and contract labors for life! Specialize in something learn alot about it, or be a jack of all trades. Nobody says you have to be a drone to make money.

this is what i do now but the only thing that sucks is that there is no health insurance.

I'm pulling two jobs right now, both chill as fuck. I rock the attorney's office 3 days a week. The I work at this meat market the other 4 days of the week. I work with all guys my age and a couple of really old italian men butchers who just sit in the back and be grumpy. I make more money with the attorney but its also the more boring and draining of the two jobs. The meat market is just fun, its hard to even concider it a job.

i quit working for the post office. I hung out in an airplane locker all day, went through peoples mail, snuck off to smoke cigarettes, but when i did work it was brutal. I would be sluggin around 100 pound bags of mail all day for maybe up to 12 hours with only one 15 minute break. On the plus side i made close to 18 and hour after all bonuses and over time i worked.

My checks were blingtastic but I started to see why postal workers shoot shit up.:nut:

Working at an art store was so fun until they went corporate.

Really cool people, flexible schedule, laid back environment plus $50 worth of free art supplies every month. The benefits were endless..a $1.00 raise after 6 mos and $.50 every 6 mos after. Good medical benifits too.....then they went corp and everything changed drastically.

ALSO, in my dept we got 144 mean streaks in various colors we weren't allowed to sell

and my supervisor let me take them all home for free!

for two summers i was a sailing instructor. that was the BEST!!!

i had to quit to go back to school.

my friend is now the junior sailing head instructor, i could go back if i wanted to, but i'd have to move and take a serious pay cut. he can only do it cuz is girl is a super paid programmer consultant.

I sometimes regret quitting the Army.

Especially since I only had a 2 year enlistment contract. It would have ran out about 2 months from now..and Id have money in the bank, be in great shape, and have $26,500 for college.

Right now I work as a valet at a country club. Its alright, but its still a wack job. The head valet guy who considers himself as my 'supervisor', is a pain in the ass. He makes $11 an hour and makes me do all the work at $8. And at my club we get health insurance after 6 months, and the head valet would always be like 'after 6 months Im gonna make sure you get insurance, Im a great supervisor, I take care of my workers!' Well Ive been there 8 months and still no health insurance, and he stopped bringing it up. The other people are ok, I even made one interested in graf.

Most of the time I just sit there in the heat and either draw on the napkins or read books.

Fucking wack.

Geospan was the name of the company.

You live in a different major city 2 or 3 months at a time. They hook you up with a furnished apartment for the time you are there and you get paid $15 an hour plus $30 a day for food. And I didn’t need to pay rent, they covered it.

They have a fleet of vans that take video footage of streets and sell the information to different parties. 911, real estate companies, and various departments of transportation were some of the ones I knew of.

My job was to sit in the back of the van, look at my monitors to make sure all the cameras were working properly, give the driver proper directions according to the GPS system we had, and turn the camera on and off to get footage of the roads we needed. And sometimes we would encode the vodeo footage.

Those were the days.

Guest ctrl+alt+del
Originally posted by mapo returns

. The head valet guy who considers himself as my 'supervisor', is a pain in the ass.

did you ever go through with your plan?

im about to get a job serving food to old people at a retirement home. air conditioned and ill be eating big steaks and ice cream sundaes when im not serving mash potatos and jello to grannykins.

I'm not sure if this is the best or the worst job ever.

My buddy and his 'boss' rented a car in Canada and didn't tell them

that they were criss-crossing the states. I think they even used fake

papers for it, but anyways. They go to all these cities all across the

states with a police scanner in the car and they just get a local map

and follow the emergency services around to 'crack' the codes.

Then they whip up a list of all the police codes and sell it to an auto

insurance law firm that's getting set up by one of the 'boss's connections.

Then drivers chase the scanner and hit up accident victims with cards.

By that time my buddy in a new city driving around all day.

pros... senic tour, 2k a week, encouraged to get drunk with strippers

cons... driving, being shady and scummy, posible chance of getting killed.

i was all about working at this shitty run down motel. I dont see how the place was making anymoney because we were constantly on the news for having the shittiest living conditions in the city i.e. roaches, shit on the floors, holes in the walls, no cable when there should be, stinks, dirty sheets, blood stains, you know... all the good shit. But everyone on every level of the company was embezzeling money. I worked 3 shift so i got to wait to put people into the computer. If they wanted 2 nights and paid cash i would wait till the computer was reset to the next day to put in their transaction and keep half of their money. When the owner said that we needed to renovate the place my boss took the money and had her boyfriend come in and do the work. She ate the profit. She fired me because she thought that i tried to steal the floor safe and was making things too hot. She later was indicted by the FBI for embezzling money. Hahaha eat shit you punk ass bitch.

But playing cards with the dopefiends and taking their money was all good. Meeting all the hookers and dealers was great to. Plus there was always this dude that rolled through in a new lac who sold me and my homie the newest phat farm, fubu, and sean jean out there for 75% off.

Now the whole chain is run by paki's and they have eliminated the criminal pressence in the company.

I used to show up to that job even when i wasn't scheduled to work. I would have worked that job 24 hours straight if i could.

Archived