Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

the immigration thread.

Discussion in 'News' started by luke skywalker, May 1, 2006.

1. luke skywalker

luke skywalker New Jack

the only reason i have the job that i do right now is because the illegal immigrant that had it before me got sent back to mexico. it kind of upsets me that while i was out looking for a job, my current employer chose to, knowingly, hire an illegal. mexicans should try protesting in their own country if they want change and if that doesn't work try violent protests. and screw their protests anyhow, hopefully congress has the balls to ignore their headline-making walkouts and remember those of us that cast votes in protest of their illegal behavior. what is going on here? so everyone that despises their own countries policies or economic state can enter the u.s.? great. okay, okay, if these people can't overthrow the mexican government on their own, we need to get them some weapons, military training and help them overthrow their own shitty government. the u.s. is very close to becoming bilingual and it sucks. mexico, all we ever wanted was your cervezas (and the land which is now southwest u.s.). goddamn i hope george bush's brother runs for president one day because mexico, when we're finished dealing with the middle east, gay marriages and abortion...you're next.

2. coffeedependency

coffeedependency Senior Member

i'm guessing you chose to forego higher education.

3. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Well, aside from the obvious argument that the Pilgrims pretty much did this exact thing around the tme this country started... I think you might want to consider these words written on the big staute of a lady (you can't see up her dress, I tried) in New York Harbor:

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Turns out we've had like 120 years to change that and for some reason, nobody has got around to it yet...

4. lord_casek

lord_casek 12oz Royalty

Joined: Jan 24, 2006 Messages: 27,078 Likes Received: 1,007
    and send the residents of the aforementioned country your tired, poor, weak, huddled masses yearning for freedom's medical bills, higher insurance bills, etc.

5. angelofdeath

angelofdeath Elite Member

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

yeah, i just cant figure out why in the hell the "undocumented workers" just wont come through the legal way. then to top it off, for coming in illegally, their supporters use things like that statue of liberty saying to justify them illegally coming into our country, illegally working, illegally drawing social services, illegally using public tax payer funded schools to send thier children too and then turn around are DEMANDING citizenship.
    these rallies arent doing anything but making guys like me 10 times as mad. send everyone the fuck home. it costs alot of money you say? hell, cut 70% of the government back to constitutional boundaries and we'll have a whole bunch of money to do something that the government is actually supposed to do. but we'd rather send trillions of dollars overseas in foreign aid every year.

6. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

they come here illegally for the same reason you write graff illegally and don't go to the arts council and get a legal wall somewhere. Because red tape sucks. Especially when you're poor. There's too many angles to look at here. I agree with the illegal immagrants and at the same time I don't. Sometimes you need to do whatever you have to do to better yourself especially when nobody is directly being hurt by your actions, then again, it's wrong to break the law. Whatcha gonna do? It's bigger than me and you, so like everything else this immigration problem is just going to add to the worlds already enourmous monkey wrench.

7. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

no, i don't write graffiti because of red tape
    i do it to piss people off
    i do it for an emotional release
    i do it for creative expression
    i do it because guess what? i can do whatever the FUCK i want and it's the epitome of that freedom.

graffiti and illegal immigration have absolutely no relationship to each other whatsoever in my world.

immigrants need to get here legally
    if they can't because their country is fucked up and there really aren't any realistic ways to 'sign up'
    then they need to join the US military
    it really is that SIMPLE
    if you want to live here legally, get your ass to iraq
    then you can come back and hate the place, vote, protest, pay taxes, and send all your cash back to your family in the motherland.

however, on the REALITY tip
    there is no fucking way we are going to be able to round up all the illegals and ship em home
    or stop people from sneaking into this place.

i will say this: at least these motherfuckers are willing to work.
    we have enough uneducated people only interested in sapping the system who are americans.
    i wouldn't mind shipping them off somewhere either.

still in favor of total annhilation.

8. odd.pr0ject

odd.pr0ject Member

my teacher is making us watch this gay indy movie called " a day without a mexican"..

its gay

9. Qawee

Qawee Elite Member

Bah, fuck the laws.
    Here is a story for your consideration.
    My ex girlfriend is from Ethiopia. In order to come to this country, first she had to apply for a visa at the US embassy in Ethiopia, in order to even get a meeting with the assholes at the embassy, she had to pay - around the equivilant of $2000 US.
    I've lived in the united states all my life, and I've never had $2000, so fuck it, if someone wants to come here, I'm all for it, no matter if they jump fences, or whatever. And fuck Hillary Clinton, she makes George Bush look progressive on the immigration issue.

10. The Man with the Answers

The Man with the Answers Member

in the early 1800s the US had a problem with illegal immigration too: Americans going into French, Mexican, and British and Spanish territory (not to mention soverign Indian Nations), to not only work and raise families, but GASP, settle and claim the land...

you reap what you sow... must as we are paying for the evil of our forefathers, so will our children and descendants...

11. angelofdeath

angelofdeath Elite Member

just to illustrate how far the country has moved on the political compass over the years... here is Teddy Roosevelt in 1907. this is one of the guys who kick started the progressive era, believed presidential power to be unlimited, issued over 1000 executive orders on his watch, (compared to the average of 50-100 before him) and was a strong supporter of imperialism. he is one of the often left out fathers of modern statist liberalism.... (not to be confused with classical liberalism)

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here
    in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be
    treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to
    discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an
    American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American
    people."

12. mn1_fuckos

mn1_fuckos Veteran Member

thats true all america did was take what wasnt theres and now they are worried that we are taking back what was ours in the first place. seriously though who else is gonna take all these below minimum wage jobs?! no one thats who! so damn! If you take every immigrant out of this country this economy is going to hell and if you guys like to eat some fruit now and then, kiss em good bye cuz there is not going to be anyone to pick em for you!!! so think about what you guys seriously want before you speak man!

Chicago
    [​IMG]

13. Targetone

Targetone Senior Member

Too bad someone didn’t start shooting them all! Fuck this bullshit. I would love to see some demonstrations in Mexico and protesting for change!!! Shit that would be wonderful then they all would get shot! LOL

There is a big difference from being a immigrant and an illegal immigrant. Someone should of rounded them all up and deported them.

14. mn1_fuckos

mn1_fuckos Veteran Member

i'd have to agree with you on this because that movie is actually pointless it pokes fun at mexican people more than help them out it and whats more messed up the director was mexican!

15. Qawee

Qawee Elite Member

Demonstration in Mexico

Tard.