The Hospital Sucks, So I’m Going to 12oz.

Weapon X

Ok, while running from some neighbourhood heroes, I sprained my ankle quite badly. It hurt like hell the next day, but it’s gotten better. It’s been two weeks, and my left ankle is still much bigger than my right. It itches like crazy, and I haven’t been able to run (basketball, the bus, the stairs) ever since.

My friend told me about this one hockey player’s story about getting a hairline fracture, then going to the hospital one day quite a bit after. The doctor told him that he was lucky he came in, because the fracture had become infected, and they would have had to amputate.

Those of you with experiences with sprained ankles, could you tell me if this recovery is normal? Also, what can I do to speed up the healing process?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dude, you live in canada. health care is free. go to the dr. a sprained ankle might still be tender two weeks later, but it shouldnt still be swollen. that should have been down a week ago.

i dont know anything about a hairline fracture, infection nonsense, but i know there is still some aggravation going on that shouldnt be.

just go to the dr. asking us is like asking a tank mechanic which fork you're supposed to use for the salad, and which one you use for the entre.

Originally posted by EarMuffs

they will tell you to go to physio (sp) which will cost you money. but its worth it I never did and im paying for it now

I have three places on my body that I should be going to physio for, but fuck it. That shit takes time and money.

my brother fucked his ankly up over 4 months ago. it is STILL swollen. he's been to three different doctors and even had it in a hard cast. apparently he broke some bone off around his ankle...reportedly due to several sprained ankles over a lifetime. he's now wearing some kind of special boot for it.

typically...itching means that you are healing.

i used to skate myself and know the full wrath of sprained ankles...

back in highschool i walked into gym class on crutches, from one of these sprains, and the teacher looks at me and laughs.

i sit this class out but about half way through he says to me, "raise your leg. now write out the alphabet in the air with your big toe in small case letters."

i was like fuck that!! he said if i didn't he would fail me for this course... so I did, twice. It hurt like fuckin hell, but you know what... it worked like a charm. The next day i was semi walking on it and within a week and a half i was running on it.

Don't just do it once though.. you gotta do it 3 to 4 times a day.

every sprained ankle i had after that was like nothing after learning that little technique.

messaging it with your thumbs, hard, even though it might hurt works well as well. It stimulates blood flow to the region for faster repair.

walk it off you fucking pussy!!

last time i sprained my ankle i was somewhat inebriated and thats what my friend told me. so i did. eneded walked around on it for the rest of the night not noticing it and when i took my shoe and sock off the shit was discolored and the size of a grapefruit.

did you wrap it and ice it and elevate it when it happened? try that now if not and see if it helps. wrap it in an ace bandage.

Originally posted by seeking

dude, you live in canada. health care is free. go to the dr. a sprained ankle might still be tender two weeks later, but it shouldnt still be swollen. that should have been down a week ago.

i dont know anything about a hairline fracture, infection nonsense, but i know there is still some aggravation going on that shouldnt be.

just go to the dr. asking us is like asking a tank mechanic which fork you're supposed to use for the salad, and which one you use for the entre.

The salad fork is generally smaller and usually, but not always located further left...

Milton, tank mechanic...