1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Hospital Sucks, So I’m Going to 12oz.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Weapon X, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

The Hospital Sucks, So I’m Going to 12oz.

Discussion started by Weapon X - Aug 17, 2004

Ok, while running from some neighbourhood heroes, I sprained my ankle quite badly. It hurt like hell the next day, but it’s gotten better. It’s been two weeks, and my left ankle is still much bigger than my right. It itches like crazy, and I haven’t been able to run (basketball, the bus, the stairs) ever since.

My friend told me about this one hockey player’s story about getting a hairline fracture, then going to the hospital one day quite a bit after. The doctor told him that he was lucky he came in, because the fracture had become infected, and they would have had to amputate.

Those of you with experiences with sprained ankles, could you tell me if this recovery is normal? Also, what can I do to speed up the healing process?

Weapon X - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  2. KILLACAM

KILLACAM New Jack

KILLACAM - Replied Aug 17, 2004

goto the doctor if its been that long, but what the hell do i know...if i were you id holler at webmd.com

KILLACAM - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  3. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

Brewster Baker - Replied Aug 17, 2004

over 13 years of skateboarding hasnt helped mine.. torn all the ligiments.

Brewster Baker - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  4. DEFCON2.0

DEFCON2.0 12oz Member

DEFCON2.0 - Replied Aug 17, 2004

I skaateboard and have been for the last 10 years so ive had my fair share of rolled ankles over time jus keep off of it, keep it iced and if its jus as bad a week from now seek medical attention..............jus my 2cents:king:

DEFCON2.0 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE 12oz Elite Member

EyeforAnEYE - Replied Aug 17, 2004

You're going to die

EyeforAnEYE - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Aug 17, 2004

dude, you live in canada. health care is free. go to the dr. a sprained ankle might still be tender two weeks later, but it shouldnt still be swollen. that should have been down a week ago.
    i dont know anything about a hairline fracture, infection nonsense, but i know there is still some aggravation going on that shouldnt be.
    just go to the dr. asking us is like asking a tank mechanic which fork you're supposed to use for the salad, and which one you use for the entre.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  7. Brewster Baker

they will tell you to go to physio (sp) which will cost you money. but its worth it I never did and im paying for it now

8. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Weapon X - Replied Aug 17, 2004

Alright…if anything, I’ll go to the walk-in clinic. The hospitals here are murderous, just as they probably are in many places.

9. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I have three places on my body that I should be going to physio for, but fuck it. That shit takes time and money.

10. SteveAustin

SteveAustin 12oz Veteran Member

SteveAustin - Replied Aug 17, 2004

my brother fucked his ankly up over 4 months ago. it is STILL swollen. he's been to three different doctors and even had it in a hard cast. apparently he broke some bone off around his ankle...reportedly due to several sprained ankles over a lifetime. he's now wearing some kind of special boot for it.

typically...itching means that you are healing.

SteveAustin - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Aug 17, 2004

or that you have crabs.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  12. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Well, I guess I can kiss my schoolyard basketball career down the drain. As a matter of fact, I haven’t even done a piece since the sprain. I’m not taking the risk of having to run from beast with this fucked up shit.

13. Brewster Baker

yeah i heard the new crop of elemantry school kids this year is lookin tuff

14. bigpoppa.k

bigpoppa.k 12oz Elite Member

bigpoppa.k - Replied Aug 17, 2004

i used to skate myself and know the full wrath of sprained ankles...

back in highschool i walked into gym class on crutches, from one of these sprains, and the teacher looks at me and laughs.
    i sit this class out but about half way through he says to me, "raise your leg. now write out the alphabet in the air with your big toe in small case letters."
    i was like fuck that!! he said if i didn't he would fail me for this course... so I did, twice. It hurt like fuckin hell, but you know what... it worked like a charm. The next day i was semi walking on it and within a week and a half i was running on it.
    Don't just do it once though.. you gotta do it 3 to 4 times a day.

every sprained ankle i had after that was like nothing after learning that little technique.

messaging it with your thumbs, hard, even though it might hurt works well as well. It stimulates blood flow to the region for faster repair.

bigpoppa.k - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  15. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

^^ respect. I saw a poster at the Ryerson gym that had that technique on it. I’m gonna do it a few times today. Thanks, k.